What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR ROS - Who Do I Drop? - WHIR (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
Need to cut one guy so I can pick up a kicker.  PPR, none of these guys are starters this week for me.  I'm not cutting Stafford, since this 12 team league is currently rostering 23 QB's, and for some teams Stafford would definitely be an upgrade.

Currently on the bench
WR - Corey Davis - Tennessee - Bye in Week 8 (30.0% target share, leading the team)
WR - Kenny Stills - Miami - Bye in Week 11 (17.3% target share, third on team)
WR - Michael Crabtree - Baltimore - Bye in Week 10 (20.5% target share, leading the team)
RB - Austin Ekeler - LA Chargers - Bye in Week 8
RB - Aaron Jones - Greenn Bay - Bye in Week 7
QB - Matthew Stafford - Detroit - Bye in Week 6

My Starters
QB - Patrick Mahomes - Kansas City - Bye in Week 12
RB - Alvin Kamara - New Orleans - Bye in Week 6 (LP Wed, FP Thurs)
RB - Leonard Fournette - Jacksonville - Bye in Week 9 (LP Wed, LP Thurs)
RB - Alex Collins - Baltimore - Bye in Week 10
WR - Stefon Diggs - Minnesota - Bye in Week 10
WR - JuJu Smith-Schuster - Pittsburgh - Bye in Week 7 (DNP Wed, LP Thurs)
TE - George Kittle - San Francisco - Bye in Week 11
DST - LA Chargers - Bye in Week 8 (But I'm really just streaming)
K - TBD

Also have RB Rex Burkhead in my IR spot - Bye in Week 11, eligible to return Week 12

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex (RB/WR), 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K

Leave a link!

Can you drop Burkhead? If so do it. He may be eligible to return but he's done as long as Sony is healthy. Any others are tougher but I'd say Jones.

Can you drop Burkhead? If so do it. He may be eligible to return but he's done as long as Sony is healthy. Any others are tougher but I'd say Jones.
Burkhead is in my IR spot, and nobody else is eligible to go there, so he doesn't count against my roster.  So no reason to drop him at the moment, unless one of my studs is out and I need to put him in the IR spot, which of course I would do and then drop Burkhead.

Burkhead is in my IR spot, and nobody else is eligible to go there, so he doesn't count against my roster.  So no reason to drop him at the moment, unless one of my studs is out and I need to put him in the IR spot, which of course I would do and then drop Burkhead.
Are only true NFL IR'd players eligible for your IR or can a player go to IR if he is ruled out for the week?  If that is the case you may be able to shift Fournette to IR if he is ruled out for this week and that frees up a spot.  If not, then you are in a tough spot.  I would actually probably drop Davis or Crabtree.  WR's are easier to find on waivers than RB and if you drop Jones or Ekeler they will for sure be scooped up.

It's possible Crabtree or Davis is scooped up as well however it is usually easier to find a WR of their caliber on waivers than the RB's. 

Are only true NFL IR'd players eligible for your IR or can a player go to IR if he is ruled out for the week?  If that is the case you may be able to shift Fournette to IR if he is ruled out for this week and that frees up a spot.  If not, then you are in a tough spot.  I would actually probably drop Davis or Crabtree.  WR's are easier to find on waivers than RB and if you drop Jones or Ekeler they will for sure be scooped up.

It's possible Crabtree or Davis is scooped up as well however it is usually easier to find a WR of their caliber on waivers than the RB's. 
Yes, once a person is "Out" they can be put into an IR spot.  So if Fournette is out that is an option, and I would probably drop Burkhead to make it so.  But as of today, Burkhead is the only one I can put in the IR spot.  Even if somebody is in the "no sane person thinks this guy is going to play" category, until he's listed as Out or IR, you can't put him there.

There are a lot of RB needy teams in our league, so I am definitely leaning toward dropping a WR rather than an RB.  Crabtree was actually dropped this week and I was able to pick him up.  

Just curious - is your league a mandatory start 3RB, 2WR, or are you just starting an RB in the flex spot of a typical 2/2/1 arrangement? 

Crabtree would be the drop for me. I think all the Baltimore receivers this year are going to be flex worthy any given week, and maybe one of them will emerge with WR2 numbers by the end of the season, but you can't confidently start one expecting WR2 production in a given week at this point.  Crabtree's value shouldn't be too hard to replace down the road. 

Just curious - is your league a mandatory start 3RB, 2WR, or are you just starting an RB in the flex spot of a typical 2/2/1 arrangement? 

Crabtree would be the drop for me. I think all the Baltimore receivers this year are going to be flex worthy any given week, and maybe one of them will emerge with WR2 numbers by the end of the season, but you can't confidently start one expecting WR2 production in a given week at this point.  Crabtree's value shouldn't be too hard to replace down the road. 
2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex that can be either RB or WR.  I think Collins has a safer floor than some of the other guys, although I haven't made any final start/sit decisions yet.

`

I would disagree with this statement and say that John Brown has put up solid, consistent numbers every week so far this year.  I think he could be an every week flex starter.

I would disagree with this statement and say that John Brown has put up solid, consistent numbers every week so far this year.  I think he could be an every week flex starter.
Wouldn't this mean you agree with me?   I wouldn't have an issue starting any of the three (Crab Snead Brown) at flex if I needed one, but I think relying on Brown as my WR2 week in and week out is wishful thinking.  Personal opinion...

Wouldn't this mean you agree with me?   I wouldn't have an issue starting any of the three (Crab Snead Brown) at flex if I needed one, but I think relying on Brown as my WR2 week in and week out is wishful thinking.  Personal opinion...
Not exactly.  I took your comment as you can pick any of the Baltimore WR's for a given week - as in flip a coin and pick one or pick one based on the matchup.  I am saying Brown alone has put up Flex starter numbers every week and I would be fine with him as my every week starter at the flex position.  I don't trust any of the other Baltimore WR's and wouldn't start them unless totally desperate. 

Not exactly.  I took your comment as you can pick any of the Baltimore WR's for a given week - as in flip a coin and pick one or pick one based on the matchup.  I am saying Brown alone has put up Flex starter numbers every week and I would be fine with him as my every week starter at the flex position.  I don't trust any of the other Baltimore WR's and wouldn't start them unless totally desperate. 
Gotcha.  I would be fine with Brown as my every week flex, but I'd feel a bit thin if he was my every week WR2.  If I had crab or snead and needed to start one at flex to cover byes/injury I'd be ok with that also, but wouldn't want them every week

Users who are viewing this thread