What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Offering Conner to get Ingram or OBJ? Will help in return (1 Viewer)

brainee

Footballguy
I have James Conner and I'm looking at the Bell owner as a possible trade target. I'm 2-0, getting high score in the first weeks. He's 0-2 (losing by 60 to me this past weekend). Only 4 teams make the playoffs, so he needs to start winning now. And with my start and roster, I feel pretty good about just making the playoffs... and if Conner's not going to help me in the playoffs (if Bell comes back), I'd just as soon flip him for assets who will. The Bell owner is hurting for RBs he can start now. And I've done deals with him in past seasons, so I know at least he's someone open to trading.

This is non-PPR (standard 10-team ESPN league). Start QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, R/W/T flex, K, D. You can use your first 2 rounds of the draft for 2 keepers (which is how I ended up with Johnson and Zeke).

My team is:
QB: Luck, Mahomes
RB: D Johnson, Zeke, Miller, Conner, Barber, Breida
WR: T Hill, M Jones Jr, E Sanders, C Davis
TE: Kelce
K: Tucker
D: Broncos

He has:
QB: Watson
RB: Bell, Henry, Ingram, Crowell, Lindsay
WR: OBJ, D Adams, Baldwin, R Anderson, K Benjamin, P Richardson
TE: Doyle
K: Bryant
D: Chargers

Maybe Conner for Ingram, straight-up (or if that's not enough include another lower-end RB from my roster)? Bell owner who needs a win might go for it (with the bye Ingram is still out 3 of the next 4 weeks). Or target a WR (OBJ or Adams) by packaging Conner with someone else (like Sanders, Jones, or Breida)? Do they sound insulting, or at least would be a place to start? Or maybe just ride Conner as long as I can.

Leave a link and I'll answer any posts of yours!

Conner is your best RB right now. If it were PPR I would try for OBJ but since it's not you really need to try and improve your rb's since DJ's ad Zekes situations look horrible. If I were you I wouldn't do anything this week. I'd wait until next week and try for Ingram then to shorten the time when you are missing a serviceable RB and no way should you need to add in a second player especially if Conner has a good week this week.

honestly, I think I'd take either of Ingram or OBJ for Conner. 

Sure, he's the best RB at the moment for you, but the moment Bell comes back, his value is all but gone. If you could flip him for a top 2 WR or borderline RB1 (once back), I'd do it. 

You have the RB depth to pull this off too & OBJ + Hill is a SCARY starting WR corp.

Thanks for the help with mine

I'd try to get either Ingram or OBJ for Conner now.  As soon as Bell returns, Conners vaue to you goes down allot.  With your team, even Adams isn't a bad consideration.  Adams would be your top WR IMO...

Bell doesn't appear to be coming back anytime soon, just spotted on a jetski in Miami....   lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread