What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading for a QB in a 2QB/SuperFlex league (1 Viewer)

CMU37484

Footballguy
I'm in a unique 12 team auction league where we start 1 QB, 1RB, 1 WR 1 TE, 1 SFlex, 2 Flex, 1 D/ST/ 1 K.  We keep 1 player each year for his previous years auction price.

PPR scoring, passing TD's are 5 points, 100/300 yd 3 point bonuses. There are about 36 QB's rostered in this league and we only roster 16 players.

My usual starters are:  QB: Stafford  RB: D. Johnson WR: Beckham TE: Kittle SFlex: K. Hunt  Flex 1: M. Evans  Flex 2: D. Baldwin K: Gano  D/ST: Titans

Reserves: N. Peterman, T. Locket, G. Allison, John Brown, Hyde, Burkhead, Ebron

So I'm basically the only guy starting only 1 QB in our league and with our scoring (5 point passing TD's, 300 yard bonus, etc.) it was clearly an auction draft gone bad.  I got caught bidding up a couple guys I didn't really want that bad (Baldwin, etc.).

QB's are heavily overvalued for obvious reasons, and we have no rules on roster limits, so some guys roster 4 or 5 QB's.

There are a couple guys out there in my league who definitely will trade with me.......................

First guy:  P. Rivers, C. Newton, P. Mahomes

Second guy:  Roethlisberger, Garropolo, T. Taylor, B. Bortles

Third guy: Carr, Keenum, Tannehil, Mayfield, Winston

All 3 of these guys are not very good at RB.  Our league sees a lot of guys start 2 QB's, 1 RB, and 3 WR's.  Last year Case Keenum for Larry Fitzgerald happened in the middle of the season for a sample.

The first guy has the best choices, but I think he'd ask for Hunt or Evans minimum.

Any thoughts would be welcome, leave yours as well and I'll return the favor.  Thanks 

I would target Keenum. I think he will have a very solid season and would be a good second QB for u to start. Maybe offer him Hyde or Burkhead and see where that goes

if you think you can stay afloat until winston gets back i would start off with offering burkhead for him.

if you need help now i would target keenum.

I would also target the third guy with 5 QB's as the price should be cheaper for Keenum or Tannehill. I would avoid Winston-he may not have a job when he returns. The QB's on team one are better but the price will likely be too high. If you can wait for Mahomes to throw 4 interceptions his price will drop. Drop Peterman for anyone on waivers including back up QB's that may get the call. i.e. Josh Rosen

I'm in a unique 12 team auction league where we start 1 QB, 1RB, 1 WR 1 TE, 1 SFlex, 2 Flex, 1 D/ST/ 1 K.  We keep 1 player each year for his previous years auction price.

PPR scoring, passing TD's are 5 points, 100/300 yd 3 point bonuses. There are about 36 QB's rostered in this league and we only roster 16 players.

My usual starters are:  QB: Stafford  RB: D. Johnson WR: Beckham TE: Kittle SFlex: K. Hunt  Flex 1: M. Evans  Flex 2: D. Baldwin K: Gano  D/ST: Titans

Reserves: N. Peterman, T. Locket, G. Allison, John Brown, Hyde, Burkhead, Ebron

So I'm basically the only guy starting only 1 QB in our league and with our scoring (5 point passing TD's, 300 yard bonus, etc.) it was clearly an auction draft gone bad.  I got caught bidding up a couple guys I didn't really want that bad (Baldwin, etc.).

QB's are heavily overvalued for obvious reasons, and we have no rules on roster limits, so some guys roster 4 or 5 QB's.

There are a couple guys out there in my league who definitely will trade with me.......................

First guy:  P. Rivers, C. Newton, P. Mahomes

Second guy:  Roethlisberger, Garropolo, T. Taylor, B. Bortles

Third guy: Carr, Keenum, Tannehil, Mayfield, Winston

All 3 of these guys are not very good at RB.  Our league sees a lot of guys start 2 QB's, 1 RB, and 3 WR's.  Last year Case Keenum for Larry Fitzgerald happened in the middle of the season for a sample.

The first guy has the best choices, but I think he'd ask for Hunt or Evans minimum.

Any thoughts would be welcome, leave yours as well and I'll return the favor.  Thanks 
So you absolutely have to get a qb.  I think Hunt is too much to give.  Guy 1, go after Rivers and Mahomes, forget Cam.  Guy 2, this may sound crazy, but you can probably get Bortles for the least. Taylor will have some upside until Mayfield takes over which could be sooner rather than later.  Bortles has been a low end qb1 because he runs.  Ben and Jimmy may be expensive, but if you can get Jimmy, do it.  Guy 3, Carr will improve (I live in the Bay Area so I see the guy all the time, he stinks, but not as badly as last week), Winston, I like more than Tannehill, or Mayfield.  I don't know when Mayfield will see playing time, and I am not a Tannehill guy.  I love Keenum, he has weapons.

Maybe shop Ebron if someone needs a tight end.  I would trade Kittle for a qb and run with Ebron before going without a qb.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread