What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate My Team - Aftermath (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
How dare they give me an "iffy" team w a 75% chance at playoffs (8 teams of 12 make it)

Now, lemme say, I know they're just "fun" tools, and Yahoo has in the past given me an A+ and i won only 1 game all season, despite being predicted to go undefeated. 

But I get a "you're below average at 3 important positions"

Brees and Keenum (6pt TDs)

Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Josh Gordon, John Brown, James Washington

Barkley, AP, Cohen, James Conner.

I am personally offended and demand a recount. 

..... Anyways. The real moral to the story, is have you ever been super hyped only to bottom feed, or been totally bummed and walked away w the trophy?

Share your stories. 

Last year in a keeper league I had no good keepers and everyone else had good ones and I thought my team was going to be last place, but ended up with players that had a good year (Hopkins, Fitzgerald, and Wentz) and ended up winning (though only had 4th most points).

Last year in a keeper league I had no good keepers and everyone else had good ones and I thought my team was going to be last place, but ended up with players that had a good year (Hopkins, Fitzgerald, and Wentz) and ended up winning (though only had 4th most points).
Those 3 were not good keepers to you? WTH

Yahoo projected me 1-12 for this season (thank God their projections are terrible)

QB: Mariota

RB: Cook, McCaffrey, Henry, McCoy, ADP, Barber, Morris

WR: Cooper, Crabtree, Kelvin, Funchess

TE: Samuels/Gesicki

In my main league I'm the best chocker. Been 2nd/2nd/3rd the past three years. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How dare they give me an "iffy" team w a 75% chance at playoffs (8 teams of 12 make it)

Now, lemme say, I know they're just "fun" tools, and Yahoo has in the past given me an A+ and i won only 1 game all season, despite being predicted to go undefeated. 

..... Anyways. The real moral to the story, is have you ever been super hyped only to bottom feed, or been totally bummed and walked away w the trophy?

Share your stories. 
Well...

QBs are average at best. Brees is not the guy he was. 

WRs - Thomas is a stud. Evans is an enigma. Gordon is... well, you know. The other two are best ball assets at best. 

RBs - Barkley is a stud. The rest are flotsam and jetsam. 

Seems like they got it right. :shrug:

Well...

WRs - Thomas is a stud. Evans is an enigma. Gordon is... well, you know. The other two are best ball assets at best. 

Barkley is a stud who has yet to play a down in the NFL.  

I clearly disagree, as I targeted these guys and drafted them. 

But no way is that WR corps below average in a 12 team league. Nor do I question my QBs at all. 

RB Im fine with their assessment, I know it isnt my strongest position, but I like it just fine. AP is a starter, Conner may be an RB1 for several weeks. We'll see

Share your stories. 
That is crazy. 

They should have graded you below average as a coach too.

:excited:

75% chance... probably seems bout right given that 66.6% of the league makes the playoffs. They are saying you are better than average. 

That being said, these tools are just that and if their projections are wrong, then their rating of your team is off as well................

Well...

RBs - Barkley is a stud. The rest are flotsam and jetsam

That would be a great name for my Soulfly Tribute FF Team.

I clearly disagree, as I targeted these guys and drafted them. 

But no way is that WR corps below average in a 12 team league. Nor do I question my QBs at all. 

RB Im fine with their assessment, I know it isnt my strongest position, but I like it just fine. AP is a starter, Conner may be an RB1 for several weeks. We'll see
I don't think you have to question your QBs but if Brees finishes as QB8/QB9 - that is below average in a 12 team league.

Those tools are slaves to boring projections.  Every one of them has John Brown as not roster worthy but hell I'm starting him this week with confidence.  In order to get an A on those tools you need the most boring, low upside roster ever.  You don't win FF swinging for singles. 

Ya, I totally dont get the John Brown disrespect. Think he has a legit shot at top 20 wr this season, he and flacco are popping off apparently 

Yahoo gave one of my teams this year a C- rating yet I'm a 20 pt favorite over a team they gave a B+ rating, and that's with their projections for the week.  

Forgot about a few guys. 

TE i have evan engram and jack doyle. 

Nick Chubb at RB too. 
Thanks for letting us know.  :sleep:

Doesn't really change your teams outlook from my perspective.  Your team to me is in the middle of the pack.   It's not terrible, but it definitely isn't as good as you think it is.

.   It's not terrible, but it definitely isn't as good as you think it is.
That's cool. 

I target specific players I want to own, and reach if necessary. I do all my own projections and rate many players higher/lower than the consensus. 

I always love my team, because I know they're guys I wanted and didnt settle on (VBD means zero to me)

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. 

That's cool. 

I target specific players I want to own, and reach if necessary. I do all my own projections and rate many players higher/lower than the consensus. 

I always love my team, because I know they're guys I wanted and didnt settle on (VBD means zero to me)

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. 
I have nothing but respect for that. 

Remember being last in points mid-season and riding 3 Panthers I hadn't drafted, Mushin Muhammad, Jake Delhomme (!) and Nick Goings (!!!?!) to the championship.

-QG

The algorithm they use is pretty inflexible, IMHO.

I play in a 14-team league, and compared to a 12-team league, you are naturally going to have less traditional value for your RB2/WR2/Flex than you would in a 12-teamer. So I will ALWAYS get the verbiage that my team may have solid starters but terrible depth, when in reality, the team looks pretty damned solid in terms of depth compared to other teams.

So I wish their scoring and the verbiage used is more dynamic based on league size.

But I've also seen things like (and I'm paraphrasing), "Congrats, it's rare that a team secures quality starters across all skill positions" and "We especially like..." every player on the squad, but an only 65% shot at making the playoffs. Also seen the reverse where the verbiage slams my team but gives me an 85% of making the playoffs without lifting a finger.

In short, while it's a cool use of automated algorithms, it's inflexibility and not adjusting to different team parameters (league size, non-traditional scoring, etc.) renders it one of the most useless directional predictors of my team.

Welp... already 2-0 now, despite having saquon and engram left to play.

1st place and absolutely crushing in pts for. 

Still early, but goes perfectly with my philosophy of "DRAFT YOUR GUYS", and projections be damned.

update: Regular Season champion at 12-1, and now in the playoff Championship, at 14-1.

All while starting Josh Gordon, every. single. week.

Only other pickup I made that ever played a part for me, was Nick Chubb somewhere around week 1-2 i think

Well...

Barkley is a stud who has yet to play a down in the NFL.  

That team looks terrible. 

Thanks for letting us know.  :sleep:

Doesn't really change your teams outlook from my perspective.  Your team to me is in the middle of the pack.   It's not terrible, but it definitely isn't as good as you think it is.

Stephen A Smith hot takes ;)  

just further proof that one needs to trust their own gut and take the players they desire.

experts and fbg's alike... dead wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread