What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rondale Moore, ARZ (1 Viewer)

There is NOTHING bad about coaches trying to scheme the ball into the player's hands. This offense is so wide open with potential targets down the field that anyone can have a good game. But they are making a point to scheme it into Moore- that shows you how highly the coaching staff thinks of him and trusts him in only his second game as a pro 

This isn't a Laviska Shenault situation - Cardinals produce at least 2x as many real life and fantasy points
It just seems like gadget guys, even talented ones like Harvin or Curtis Samuel, seem to have a lower ceiling. I'm not sure why that is -- and it's possible that Harvin may have been the exception without all the injuries -- but those guys never seem to emerge as reliable fantasy studs. One of the pleasant surprises so far this year is Deebo's seeming transformation into a more traditional WR1.

Then again, you're also correct that we don't need Moore to necessarily be a WR1 stud (which was always going to be impossible anyway with Hopkins there). We just need him to be a talented guy in a high-octane offense. It probably means that he and Kirk trade off fantasy usefulness on a week-to-week basis, but I could still see both emerging as semi-reliable starters (which is about the best you can expect from your WR2/3).

I should have trusted my gut and got him onto my bench last week. Now I’m going to pay for it with a high waiver. I’m all in on Moore and love seeing the usage. Even though he fumbled it, he’s being used creatively at the goal line as well. 

“Broken coverage” blah blah blah, Kyler is going to create broken coverage all year with his ability to stay in and around the pocket for 19 seconds while scrambling. 

Moore is gonna find himself open often.

Debating how to get Moore into my lineup.  My dynasty league has a rookie slot, but I still think it makes sense to start Elijah Mitchell there as long as he's cleared medically.  At WR, in a non-PPR league, would you start Moore over any of DK, Julio, and Cooks?  I also have JuJu, plus I'm waiting on Curtis Samuel and Michael Thomas to get healthy, so Moore might just have to wait his turn even though he's super exciting with the ball.

in one of my dynasty leagues where I was loaded at WR (Hopkins, AJB, Ridley, Diontae, Claypool, and Sutton) I traded away Moore for MT....already having serious doubts I should have done that.  :sadbanana:

My league is asleep on this guy. I ended up keeping Kirk after week 1 and Moore was still a FA. After last week I was sure I had blown my opportunity. Waiver priority 12. I got him anyway. And my league gives points for return yards. 👍🏼

My league is asleep on this guy. I ended up keeping Kirk after week 1 and Moore was still a FA. After last week I was sure I had blown my opportunity. Waiver priority 12. I got him anyway. And my league gives points for return yards. 👍🏼
Same in a couple of mine, didn't blink grabbing him and understand he will be up n down but a rookie finding instant chemistry with one of the leagues more explosive offenses at present is not hurting this guy's production at all. Hopkins will always draw the toughest DB, Moore will at best see the Nickel back most of the time. 

Kirk does not receive enough targets, Moore seems set for a steady diet of 5-8 targets a week. AJ Green does not seem to be a big part of things in Arizona just yet, Moore is feasting. 

Was lucky enough to get him in a few leagues. I like how they are using him after seeing his highlights. Reminds me a lot of Edelman. Fast shifty slot guy that they quick out to and get ball in his hands, manufactures touches. Could be a ppr darling. He still hasn’t had the amount of snapshare for a true number two wr. 

Was lucky enough to get him in a few leagues. I like how they are using him after seeing his highlights. Reminds me a lot of Edelman. Fast shifty slot guy that they quick out to and get ball in his hands, manufactures touches. Could be a ppr darling. He still hasn’t had the amount of snapshare for a true number two wr. 
Agreed. They are using him all over the place and with Kyler's ability to move around and buy time, there should be lots of opportunity. I love that he is THIS INVOLVED as a rook through his second game. He seems to have some CeeDee kind of quicks.

Agreed. They are using him all over the place and with Kyler's ability to move around and buy time, there should be lots of opportunity. I love that he is THIS INVOLVED as a rook through his second game. He seems to have some CeeDee kind of quicks.
He has 37% snap share. AJ Green has had 82%. Christian Kirk has 56%. So his snap share could grow if he eats into their shares.  

He has 37% snap share. AJ Green has had 82%. Christian Kirk has 56%. So his snap share could grow if he eats into their shares.  
Green's 82% share has led to a whopping 5 receptions on 12 looks. He isn't doing much with this chances. I think there is definitely room to grow.

Green's 82% share has led to a whopping 5 receptions on 12 looks. He isn't doing much with this chances. I think there is definitely room to grow.

I agree with the Moore take that there is definitely room to grow. 

I haven't watched a lot of the Cardinals snaps, but isn't Moore a slot guy? If Green's role on the outside gets diminished, I would think Kirk would be the beneficiary. 

Kirk hasn't done anything wrong so I don't see him losing snaps to Moore right now but AJ Green could see his usage or snaps decline a little bit. 

This week at Jax they might have an easy time and that would seem like Moore might not see quite as much production in a blowout. However, I think the game could be a little closer than some might think and Arizona is flying cross country after a pretty close game last week vs Minnesota desperate for their first win, Cards could be a little flat coming into Jax and that would lead to something closer to 31-24 where the Cards pull away int he 2nd, that would be more good news for Moore. 

One of these weeks though you have to know he could end up with a 1 catch-24 yd performance and suddenly everyone panics and then sees he is only out there about 1/3 of the time. 

I'm happy to have gotten him and looking to add him tonight on waivers in another league and see how this plays out. Arizona looks a little like the Houston Oilers of the late 80s/early 90s. There 3-4 good receivers worth having on your roster, this could be similar. 

Kirk is around on some waivers as well, just seems like massive production for only 3-4-5 targets a game, his floor would seem lower than Moore even with less snaps but I could be wrong.  

Didn't get to watch the game but I've watched the highlights from both last week and this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVL5sXDaFRw

They love to throw it to him right at the line of scrimmage as part of a 3WR set to one side. The other two WRs block for him and he's creating. 

End of the 2nd quarter out of a prevent defense they dumped it off to him and again, it's all about him making guys miss. He's totally electric. Jukes 2 dudes right out of their shoes. 

Rondale Moore: Juke Machine.

I believe one of Rondale Moore's biggest attributes was his speed and ability to juke as others are talking about. I forget why Moore slipped a little bit but at one point he was being touted as a possible 1st round WR. 

His height is listed as 5-7, don't think we will be watching him in a lot of red zone jump ball situations so there are some snaps that I can live without. he is going to make his living this year doing exactly what others are posting, getting the ball close to the LOS where he can bust a move and take off. There is going to be a ceiling at some point but then again doesn't Murray throw the most Bombs for TDs and if not it sure looks like he could be heading that way. 

I want to add an observation and I also heard this in an echo on the media this week comparing Murray to Lamar Jackson and there is a big difference. Murray doesn't run because he truly wants to and he is not looking to try and be the leading rusher on his team, many times his ability to scramble leads to these big plays so anyone who might still be on the fence and it took me a long while to come around but for 2021 I am convinced Murray has made some of the biggest leaps we have seen so far and correct me if I'm wrong but this would be Year 3 and that was when Josh Allen took off and some others in their 3rd season. It might be fun to have a slice of those WRs and at least enjoy being on the receiving end of this 😂

I believe one of Rondale Moore's biggest attributes was his speed and ability to juke as others are talking about. I forget why Moore slipped a little bit but at one point he was being touted as a possible 1st round WR. 
I think it was a deep wr class and he had injury concerns in college where he lost a lot of games due to hamstring injuries. At the time I didn’t like they Giants picking Toney instead of RMoore. But other than that is hard to argue with the other wr picked ahead of him. I think the fit is part of it too. Kingbury being an offensive minded coach with a QBs coach background wants to give Murray weapons and let him be creative and explosive. They are a fun team to watch. 

Debating how to get Moore into my lineup.  My dynasty league has a rookie slot, but I still think it makes sense to start Elijah Mitchell there as long as he's cleared medically.  At WR, in a non-PPR league, would you start Moore over any of DK, Julio, and Cooks?  I also have JuJu, plus I'm waiting on Curtis Samuel and Michael Thomas to get healthy, so Moore might just have to wait his turn even though he's super exciting with the ball.
Why does it make sense to start Elijah Moore over Rondale Moore?

It is only two weeks into the 2021 season which is too early and not enough data to work with as far as projecting player performance moving forward.

That said Rondale Moore is currently WR 17 in total points which makes him a WR two for fantasy and he is the top performing rookie WR of 2021 so far. I would say he is outperforming even my very optimistic expectations for him while also considering how few offensive snaps he has had so far. His performance should mean that he will earn more snaps and opportunities going forward as long as he stays healthy.

It will be interesting to see how he does over the next couple weeks and if he falls back to earth or not.

He is working with currently the number one performing QB for fantasy right now in Kyler Murray and in week two he outperformed all Cardinals WRs. Thats eye popping to me.

Obviously if Mitchell can't go I'll start Moore as my rookie.  Really just hoping that the 49ers start Trey Lance at some point, since he'll allow me to match all of the other teams in my league starting rookie QBs.

Forgot to queue him up last night, picked up S.Shephard instead, surprised to see him sitting as a FA this morning (10 team league), scooped him up and dumped Thomas, didn't feel like lugging him around till week 8/9 and letting talent like Moore end up on someone elses team. Choo choo.

Wow!!  

I almost feel guilty picking him up last Saturday night for free.   
I got him for free in one league as pick up last week. I got him for 21% faab this week. And got him for 2.04 and 2.07 in rookie drafts this summer in dynasty leagues. I’m happy with my invested cost. I am ok to patiently wait to four weeks from now and assess where his snap count is at. 

Hopkins doesn't need to practice to play, and the guy has missed something like 2 games in his career, so we'll see what happens. But yes, Both Moore and Kirk would get bug bumps if DHop does end up sitting. 
As a Moore owner, I think I’d enjoy Hopkins playing and taking coverage and keeping the line of scrimmage open, more than him not playing and getting a few more targets.

I don't like Moore over a solid WR2/WR3 in Shephard, I am excited about Moore as a WR3/Flex option moving forward, Shephard is getting to be a weekly starter in almost all line ups. 

That's fair, I was just looking at what Moore did last week and he seems like a lower floor but higher ceiling guy than Shephard, more of a swing for the fences type over a steady Eddie.

Ministry of Pain said:
I am playing Rondale Moore over Tee Higgins this week who is already doubtful and might be OUT by Sunday

battlestar said:
Just picked up Rondale for free and plugged him in for Tee as well.

👍
Ditto for me in one league. Moore over Higgins at WR 3 and over Golladay until that situation shows itself a little bit better. Giants and Danny Dimes have some offensive targets. Evan Engram coming back soon will muddy the waters even more. Own Moore in two leagues. In my other league with Moore my WR's are Hill, Lockett, McLaurin, and scooped Jeudy into an IR spot. 

Rondale Moore is exciting to watch. I gotta feeling we'll be seeing his highlights now and then all season long perhaps. 

Did not draft him but now have him in almost all leagues, was my top WW add even at the expense of some RB prospects, I feel confident about what I have seen with this guy's QB and ultimately if I am being honest with you all, that's the No 1 over riding factor above anything else. 

-I'm not going to get into splitting hairs about what Moore can do and can't do, I really don't care. What I know is, he has a 3rd year NFL QB that seems to be all too comfortable running that offense now with over 32 starts under his belt and counting, he's fast as lightning but doesn't take off the first sound of thunder. He scrambles in order to find an open receiver, there's a difference. 

Far too often in the past I fight myself by not being able to pivot and change my attitude on players because I had a certain opinion 12 months ago, well things change and I wish I had grabbed Murray when I could but rather than cry about it, go find a weapon that is benefitting from him and at least return fire.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Did not draft him but now have him in almost all leagues, was my top WW add even at the expense of some RB prospects, I feel confident about what I have seen with this guy's QB and ultimately if I am being honest with you all, that's the No 1 over riding factor above anything else. 

-I'm not going to get into splitting hairs about what Moore can do and can't do, I really don't care. What I know is, he has a 3rd year NFL QB that seems to be all too comfortable running that offense now with over 32 starts under his belt and counting, he's fast as lightning but doesn't take off the first sound of thunder. He scrambles in order to find an open receiver, there's a difference. 

Far too often in the past I fight myself by not being able to pivot and change my attitude on players because I had a certain opinion 12 months ago, well things change and I wish I had grabbed Murray when I could but rather than cry about it, go find a weapon that is benefitting from him and at least return fire.  
Well said MoP. I had a chance to take Murray over J Allen (in the 4th I do believe), who I owned last year in a couple leagues and enjoyed the whole season. I thought about Kyler, gadget guy, and yes can run, but so does Allen I said to myself. Well, Arizona is now on the radar as the new fun, exciting, and often electric show on turf. Kyler Murray looks to be the guy to own. Glad I snagged Moore myself. 

Well said MoP. I had a chance to take Murray over J Allen (in the 4th I do believe), who I owned last year in a couple leagues and enjoyed the whole season. I thought about Kyler, gadget guy, and yes can run, but so does Allen I said to myself. Well, Arizona is now on the radar as the new fun, exciting, and often electric show on turf. Kyler Murray looks to be the guy to own. Glad I snagged Moore myself. 

I took Murray in the third round of my 10 teamer which I know sounds very early, however knowing my league mate drafting tendencies helped. Mahomes, Allen and Rodgers had already been picked. I do fear he may get himself into situations where injury is a greater risk than some of the more static QBs but i'm enjoying the ride so far. As for Moore, I just want any part of that passing offense I can get so grabbing him this week was a no-brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread