What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Advice needed, auction went bad! (1 Viewer)

CMU37484

Footballguy
I am in a super flex PPR league, and we did an auction draft.  We are allowed one keeper that costs whatever they were purchased for the previous year.  So naturally, I kept Kareem Hunt for $2.  With our league people spend way more money on QB's due to the supply and demand of our system.

We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 Super Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE), 2 flex (RB/WR/TE), TE, K, D/ST.

Auction was running fast and I got caught bidding up a couple players and then was out of money and stuck with only 1 QB.  I realize it's pretty dumb to not start a QB in the super flex position but I'm stuck.  I feel like I have a loaded set of starter but still mishandled the QB's and have nothing reliable on the bench.

QB-Stafford ($24) Most QB's at his level in our super flex leage go for 20-30, Rogers and Brady both went for 45-50

RB-D. Johnson ($52)  Wanted him and was prepared to spend 55 (he went for 60 last year in our league)

WR-O. Beckham ($49)  Happy to get him at this price in our league, he went for 52 previous year.

SFlex-K. Hunt ($2 keeper)

Flex 1-M. Evans ($37) Was caught bidding him up too since he sold for 43 the previous year.

Flex 2-D. Baldwin ($24) Didn't really want this one but got caught.  Assumed he'd go way higher than 24.

TE-Eifert (0)  Was left with no tight end at the end of the auction so I picked him up

K-Gano ($1)

D/ST-Pats ($1)

BENCH-Burkhead, C. Carson, Hyde, Powell, D. Parker, G. Allison, John Brown

So.......do I try to trade one of my studs I will start for a second quality QB?  Lots of guys in our league roster 3 or 4 QB's.  And, who to trade?  Or, do I sit tight for now and wait for someone with weak WR's or RB's to feel desperate a few weeks in?  For the record, Josh Rosen and Fitzpatrick are the only QB's worth mentioning on waivers.  36 QB's are rostered right now in my league......I have one.  

Last edited by a moderator:
For now I would drop Allison or D. Parker for Rosen. It's only a matter of time before Bradford goes down. I would also put out some feelers to people with the most QBs that have the weakest skill positions. If you post some of these teams rosters that have excess QBs and weak skill positions I can help with trades.

I would drop Parker for Rosen in a heartbeat and keep a keen eye on the waiver wire. Also I would monitor Buffalo and the Jets QB situation to see if a waiver QB emerges there. 

Don't try and force a trade.  You will end up overpaying and you don't need to do that.  PIck up Rosen and Fitzpatrick (he is at least starting for 3 weeks so you get some cheap insurance for the near term if things went drastically wrong with Stafford). 

Users who are viewing this thread