What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Gronk + Cook for Le'Veon? (1 Viewer)

DUKE11

Footballguy
I've been running a 12 team, 5 player keeper league for the last 10 years. However after this year we have decided to turn it into a full blown DYNASTY LEAGUE. We're expanding the rosters and keeping every player year to year. We are keeping 5 from our current team before we head into the dynasty draft and I'm in a pickle 

I have 6 current keeper worthy players

Dalvin Cook, Jordan Howard, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans, Gronk and Corey Davis. I have the #3 overall pick in the Dynasty draft. 

We start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/Flex/Flex/TE. It's a .5 ppr

My question is...since I have 6 worthy keepers should i package 2 for an upgrade??  I've been offered Gronk + Dalvin Cook for Le'Veon Bell. I may be to add a swap of 2nd round picks in there to add more value to my side (I have the 10th pick in the 2nd rd, he has the 1st). 

Edit- I also have the owner of the #1 pick mulling over an offer i sent him of Gronk OR Howard + #3 for #1 in which I'd take Saqon (no brainer trade). This would be my ideal option, but in case he declines, im curious what you guys think about the Le'Veon Bell offer. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be trying to trade Gronk straight up for 2d plus a 4th

Up till now, your whole league has been focused on maximizing the value of 5 players, so getting a top 20 player for basically a 7th and a 9th round pick seems like a no-brainer for them to accept. 

However, for you it means that after 4 rounds you will have 9 strong dynasty assets rather than just 7.

After Gronk, you have a bunch of kids as your keepers... Allen is your oldest and he is only 26!  Sacrifice Gronk's 2019 points and instead focus on the strong kids for the first 4 rounds of the draft and you may have an edge for the next five years.

I agree with Brisco in that you need to trade Gronk to maximize your long-term/ dynasty value since I don't see Gronk playing more than 2 more years (including this one). You can afford to lose the advantage he gives you this season to (hopefully) take advantage of your league-mates' perception of Keeper vs. Dynasty values. 

That being said, I think giving up both Gronk & Cook for Bell isn't exactly the value i'd be looking for. Bell has been run into the ground the past seasons in PIT and with him on another Franchise-tag this season, I fully expect them to run him into the ground. Great for this season and maybe next, but his long-term outlook takes a significant hit b/c of that IMO. Whereas Cook (sure coming off injury) is basically a rookie still. The O-line sucks this year but they have the weapons and I fully expect them to upgrade the line in the upcoming years. He is one of the few YOUNG 3-down backs in the league right now and would actually consider taking him in the top 5 to start a dynasty league. 

Thanks for the help with mine.

I would be trying to trade Gronk straight up for 2d plus a 4th

Up till now, your whole league has been focused on maximizing the value of 5 players, so getting a top 20 player for basically a 7th and a 9th round pick seems like a no-brainer for them to accept. 

However, for you it means that after 4 rounds you will have 9 strong dynasty assets rather than just 7.

After Gronk, you have a bunch of kids as your keepers... Allen is your oldest and he is only 26!  Sacrifice Gronk's 2019 points and instead focus on the strong kids for the first 4 rounds of the draft and you may have an edge for the next five years.
Honestly never thought about dealing Gronk for straight picks. Just to follow up on the conversation, I ended up landing a 2nd, 4th and 6th rounder for Gronk, 9th, 10th and 20th rounder.  Albeit they're the last pick in each round, I like the value consider I get to keep Corey Davis now.

I appreciate both your guys' responses. 

Honestly never thought about dealing Gronk for straight picks. Just to follow up on the conversation, I ended up landing a 2nd, 4th and 6th rounder for Gronk, 9th, 10th and 20th rounder.  Albeit they're the last pick in each round, I like the value consider I get to keep Corey Davis now.

I appreciate both your guys' responses. 
Great deal!

Users who are viewing this thread