What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3rd Keeper: David Johnson (1st), A. Collins (17), Josh Gordon (17) or K. Drake (17)? WHIR (1 Viewer)

4th&inches

Footballguy
In a 12-team, non-ppr, 6pt for all TD's, 3yr keeper league where the keeper rules are the following:

1. Can keep up to 3 players drafted after round 5 (so 6th round = 1st keeper round)
  2. Players can be kept in year 1 at a cost of 1 round prior to draft round (drafted in round 6 = 5th round pick), if added as FA = last round keeper
  3. Year 2 = 1/2 of previous year keeper round (kept in year 1 for a 6th round pick = 3rd round pick in year 2)
  4. Year 3 = 1st round pick. 

• Start: QRRWWTFKD
  • Scoring: .5PPR, 4pts passing TD, 6pt all other TD's
I have the below potential keepers (keeper rounds in parentheses):

• Alvin Kamara (11th round - 1st year) - Keeping 100%
  • Deshaun Watson (17th round 1st year) 

• David Johnson (1st round - 3rd year) 
  • Alex Collins (17th round - 1st year)
  • Josh Gordon (17th round - 1st year)
  • Kenyan Drake (17th round - 1st year) 
I plan to keep Kamara & Watson, so I'm between the above 3 with my 3rd keeper. 

Here's where it gets interesting: We hold a draft lottery and I got the 3rd "Choice" for my pick. I assume picks 1 & 2  will be chosen 1st. So, do I:

1. choose pick 3 and get 1 of: Gurley, Elliot, DJ, Bell (I rank them in that order) - then keep either Collins/Gordon/ Drake
  2. choose pick 4 and get 1 of: Gurley, Elliot, DJ, Bell - then keep either Collins/Gordon/ Drake
  3. choose pick 12, keep DJ, and then draft a stud WR with my 2.01 pick?

I know its a lot, so I'll say thank you in advance for any/ all help & will help with anyone who responds, so leave a link. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your idea in option #3. You still get DJ, and a better WR than if you wait til the end of round 2. 

I like option 3.

You get the same "class" of stud RB you'd get at the top of the round and I like pairing him with the best pick at 2.01 vs Collins/Drake.

Thanks for answering mine!  :thumbup:

I like your idea in option #3. You still get DJ, and a better WR than if you wait til the end of round 2. 

I like option 3.

You get the same "class" of stud RB you'd get at the top of the round and I like pairing him with the best pick at 2.01 vs Collins/Drake.

Thanks for answering mine!  :thumbup:
Is the benefit of keeping DJ in the 1st + getting a top WR/ Gronk (I absolutely love the advantage Gronk provides at the position this year) at 2.01 greater than the value of drafting DJ/Zeke/Bell + Collins & then the 2.9/10 pick (WR/ if Gronk is somehow still there) and then coming back with pick 3.3/4?

In the few mocks I've done, Gronk has fallen to me at 2.9, but that's not taking into account the handful of 1st & 2nd Round players (Kamara, Hunt, Howard, Thielen, Adams, M. Thomas, McKinnon) that will likely be kept... so, I guess it's not all that likely that Gronk would fall to me with the 2.09 pick. 

This is basically what I've been wrestling with 

Thanks; 

Would you rather go with the 3rd or 4th spot then? And since you think option 1 or 2, would you keep Collins or Drake?

thanks again
The third spot, just in case an injury pops up before your draft and I'd keep Collins but reading the responses I can see option 3 being pretty good.

I go with option 3 because you still get the stud RB, and earlier round 2 pick and your keeper of Collins (I prefer him over drake).  I think overall your team is better.

I go with option 3 because you still get the stud RB, and earlier round 2 pick and your keeper of Collins (I prefer him over drake).  I think overall your team is better.
Just to be clear, I'm definitely keeping Kamara & D. Watson. So, if I go with option 3 & keep DJ, that would be my 3 keepers. 

So, while I'd get an early 2nd round pick, I would not be able to also keep Collins/ Drake/ Josh Gordon. 

Just to be clear, I'm definitely keeping Kamara & D. Watson. So, if I go with option 3 & keep DJ, that would be my 3 keepers. 

So, while I'd get an early 2nd round pick, I would not be able to also keep Collins/ Drake/ Josh Gordon. 
Oops....you are correct.  But I say keep DJ and get the early 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread