What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Trade Advice - Do I trade away David Johnson??? (1 Viewer)

bigbayblues

Footballguy
UPDATE: Wound up trading DJ to another owner. Thanks for all the repsonses.

10 Team Non-PPR full dynasty league with deep rosters

This is the trade I have been informally offered:

I give:

David Johnson

I get:

Deandre Hopkins

Davante Adams or Mike Evans

TY Hilton or 1.10

Short Version: I have the best starting 3 RB's in our league (imo) and probably the worst starting WR group (imo). Do I take this trade no matter the option? (I think yes.) If I do, then what of the options are best? Adams vs Evans and TY vs 1.10 (I'm leaning Adams and TY)

More Info:

10 Team non-ppr dynasty league

Starting Positions: QB-1, RB-3, WR-3, TE-1, RB/WR/TE-1, K-1, DEF-1

My Team (Starters in Bold):

QB - Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB     
RB - Brown, Malcolm LAR RB, Burkhead, Rex NEP RB, Ervin, Tyler HOU RB (Rookie Squad), Hill, Jeremy NEP RB, Ivory, Chris BUF RB, Johnson, David ARI RB, McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB, McKinnon, Jerick SFO RB, Washington, DeAndre OAK, West, Terrance NOS RB 
WR - Bryant, Dez FA WR, Doctson, Josh WAS WR (Rookie Squad), Hurns, Allen DAL WR, Lockett, Tyler SEA WR, Marshall, Brandon SEA WR, Matthews, Jordan FA WR, Nelson, Jordy OAK WR, Perriman, Breshad BAL WR (Rookie Squad), Williams, Mike LAC WR (Rookie Squad), Woods, Robert LAR WR 
TE - Burton, Trey CHI TE, Ebron, Eric IND TE, Eifert, Tyler CIN TE, Howard, O.J. TBB TE (Rookie Squad)     
PK - Crosby, Mason GBP PK     
DEF - Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def 

My biggest concern about the trade is that this is a start 3 RB league, and without DJ, I am left with McKinnon & McCaffrey as my RB1&2, and a committee of crap for my RB3.

But I think the value is off the charts in my favor and I am probably overthinking it. So I could probably flip one of my WRs for a RB3 after the deal is done.

Thanks in advance for the help. I will answer yours in return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy Yes for me

Hopkins and DJ close value in dynasty  Mike Evans easily better than 1.04, TY or 1.10 is extra

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Easy answer- Hell no.

@beerbuff Could you offer up some reasoning?

Yes if it's T.Y. Hilton and not the 1.10.
@runner06 What about Evans vs Adams? Are they interchangeable in your opinion?

DJ is just too good to trade IMO
@oddsbodkins I felt the same way at the start, but isn't DH arguably worth more than DJ straight up?

Easy Yes for me

Hopkins and DJ close value in dynasty  Mike Evans easily better than 1.04, TY or 1.10 is extra
 @djmich This is exactly my line of thinking. You think Evans is a no brainer over Adams?

The other team is desperate for a TE. So I made him an offer:

I give:

David Johnson

Trey Burton

I get:

Deandre Hopkins

Mike Evans

Davante Adams

I am still considering the original offer, but I think this is way better for me. Thoughts?

Better hope McKinnions knee injury turns out to be nothing or you'll be going from what you consider to be the best RB starters in your league to the worst if you trade Johnson.

Better hope McKinnions knee injury turns out to be nothing or you'll be going from what you consider to be the best RB starters in your league to the worst if you trade Johnson.
I agree. I'm gonna hold out for the news. I also just got offered the 1.03 for Howard. I might take that.

Questions.... 

1. You (could) get Hopkins, Adams, AND TY Hilton?
2. In a 10 team league you have the best starting three RBs? I would think in a 10 team league someone would have a better set.

Questions.... 

1. You (could) get Hopkins, Adams, AND TY Hilton?
2. In a 10 team league you have the best starting three RBs? I would think in a 10 team league someone would have a better set.
1. That is the current offer.

2. That was my opinion and you know what they say... Everybody's got one. I was going by FBG Dynasty Rankings. I have DJ, CMC, and JM. That is #4, #10, and #15.

There is one team that is close. NOTE: I am not counting draft picks, only current players on teams. We haven't drafted yet.

The other Teams are as follows:

**6,9,14 - Kamara, Cook, Mixon - You could argue this team is better or not? I wouldn't trade my 3 for his 3 though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other Teams are as follows:

**6,9,14 - Kamara, Cook, Mixon - You could argue this team is better or not? I wouldn't trade my 3 for his 3 though
If it were PPR I might agree with you, but it's a standard league so I'd say his team is better and in standard I still really can't believe you want to trade your best player away.  Both McKinnon and CMC are really good PPR players but in standard they are just average. McKinnon will likely have the goal line work vultured by Breida and CMC will have the same by CJ Anderson and Newton. Johnson is far and above your best RB.

I would certainly take the Howard trade. With the 1.03 you could certainly bolster your team along with the 1.04 pick. My targets would probably be Sony Michel or Kerryon Johnson with one pick and with the 1.04 Lamar Jackson, Anthony Miller, D.J. Moore or Michael Gallup. I know that's high for some of these guys but they would all give your team some valuable depth or in the case of the receivers potential starters this year. Or you may be able to trade down with one of the picks and pick up additional picks and still get one of these guys.

If it were PPR I might agree with you, but it's a standard league so I'd say his team is better and in standard I still really can't believe you want to trade your best player away.  Both McKinnon and CMC are really good PPR players but in standard they are just average. McKinnon will likely have the goal line work vultured by Breida and CMC will have the same by CJ Anderson and Newton. Johnson is far and above your best RB.

I would certainly take the Howard trade. With the 1.03 you could certainly bolster your team along with the 1.04 pick. My targets would probably be Sony Michel or Kerryon Johnson with one pick and with the 1.04 Lamar Jackson, Anthony Miller, D.J. Moore or Michael Gallup. I know that's high for some of these guys but they would all give your team some valuable depth or in the case of the receivers potential starters this year. Or you may be able to trade down with one of the picks and pick up additional picks and still get one of these guys.

1- Yeah I understand your opinion on those guys and I definitely agree that they are not that greatly valued in non-PPR. That said I stand by my statement that I wouldn't trade my 3 for his. This is mostly due to DJ. So don't misunderstand that as anything other than my faith in DJ. 

2- The Howard trade was revoked as soon as I posted it here. I shouldn't have hesitated. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread