What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which would you rather start a draft with? (1 Viewer)

Which team of three would you rather start with? 10 team, start 2 rb, 2 wr and 1 flex .5 ppr

• AB, Howard, and 1 of Julio, Green, McCaffrey, Mixon

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Barkely, Howard, Mckinnon or Juju and 1 of Julio or Green

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

kylechoffman

Footballguy
Im in a 10 team, 2 keeper league. Keeper surrendering is based upon previous draft season unless they were a FA which counts towards the last pick of the draft.   Currently, I am keeping AB for a 1st and Howard for a 14 (FA keeper last year). I am in discussions with the team picking 1st who is keeping David Johnson (1) and deciding between K allen (3), Juju (15) or Mckinnon (15).  The numbers in parentheses are what he would need to surrender to keep the player. I pick 9th in the first, 2nd in the second etc. Only two teams will be drafting in the 1st round due to keepers, then the 2.1 pick will be made followed by me so I will be the 4th pick in the draft.  

Scoring/ Starters: .5 ppr, 1 per 10 yds rush or recv and must start 2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex from either position.   

Two scenarios:

1) I stay put keeping AB and Howard.  Draft best available from whoever is left of Barkley, Fournette, McCaffrey, Mixon, Julio, Green, Allen (or Juju or Mckinnon per above), Evans and Gronk. The two stud rbs will be gone so I am looking at either another studly wr or secondary tier rb.

2) I trade AB to the guy with the 1.1 pick.  We swap first round picks (I am surrendering my 1.9 and he is surrendering his 1.1 due to him keeping David Johnson), I send him AB and he sends me Juju or McKinnon which costs him a 15th rounder.  This would allow me to start the draft with Howard, Barkley, Juju or Mckinnon and Julio, Green, Allen, Evans or Gronk..  Also, who would you rather have in this scenario - Juju or Mckinnon or Allen? I can weigh in on this and arguably as attractive as Allen is in the third, Im temped to go after Juju or Mckinnon and keep the third rounder.

Which team (Scenario) would you rather start with?

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to do some thinking to wrap my head around this but I went with option B because it leans RB and since you have to start (at least 2), positional scarcity leads to to go with the high-end RB heavy option... also, I'm a big Giants fan so... Barkley!  :excited:

For the other player, Juju fits that team better but I think McKinnon is the better pick.

Thanks for answering mine!  :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also go team B.

Between Juju vs McKinnon vs Allen. Easily Allen. By a mile. even for a 3rd rounder. 

If I am reading this correct, you could have Barkley, Howard, Allen and Julio? 

I would also go team B.

Between Juju vs McKinnon vs Allen. Easily Allen. By a mile. even for a 3rd rounder. 

If I am reading this correct, you could have Barkley, Howard, Allen and Julio? 
Yes assuming Julio falls.  Howard, Allen (or juju or mckinnon) are locks.  Its up to me to pick Barkley or Fournette at 1 and then whoever is left at my 2.1 after 3 picks are made is my selection.  I may not get Julio as I assume Fournette, Julio and probably Green will be gone.  I may be looking at Evans or D Adams (forgot to list him).

Yes assuming Julio falls.  Howard, Allen (or juju or mckinnon) are locks.  Its up to me to pick Barkley or Fournette at 1 and then whoever is left at my 2.1 after 3 picks are made is my selection.  I may not get Julio as I assume Fournette, Julio and probably Green will be gone.  I may be looking at Evans or D Adams (forgot to list him).
Got it. I still like team B. I prefer to have multiple rb or wr1 capable players vs overpaying for a AB or Gurley. Getting a true workhorse RB at the 1.01, adding howard who looks like a top 15, Allen who is top 5 and potentially another top 10 wr by the second round. I would prefer that high end depth over AB. 

Users who are viewing this thread