What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bell Trade (1 Viewer)

brn0906

Footballguy
Redraft.12 team ppr with kick and punt return yards. Start Qb, rb x2, wr x2, te, op.

Qbs: Alex Smith, Tyrod Taylor, Ryan Tannehill

RBs: Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley II, Carlos Hyde

WRs: Marvin Jones Jr., JuJu Smith-Schuster, Michael Crabtree, Devin Funchess, Tyler Lockett, Robby Anderson

TEs: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron

Guy offered me the following:

Rivers, McKinnon, Cohen, Larry Fitz

For

Tyrod, Bell, Marvin Jones

Thoughts? Btw, Cohen was the #16 rb last year in this league due to return yards.

WHIR

I would hold tight.  This is not nearly enough to part with Bell and Jones.  I also think Tyrod will be solid while he has the job. 

What are your thoughts on Jones?

I see Fitz as being a significant upgrade in non-dynasty leagues.

What are your thoughts on Jones?

I see Fitz as being a significant upgrade in non-dynasty leagues.
I don't like Jones because he is too boom/bust for me.  In a best ball he is great but I usually like more consistent guys in regular leagues.  However, in this deal and with the WR's you already have I would rather have Jones and Bell then what is offered. 

Thanks for the help. Trying my best to hold onto Bell and Gurley. Trying not to worry about starting tyrod/Tannehill at OP and only having Hyde as my backup rb tho...lol.

This looks like a classic case of you reaching put to the league looking for a rb3 and/or a qb and someone making you an offer that tears your whole team up. I would pass. 

Thanks for the help. Trying my best to hold onto Bell and Gurley. Trying not to worry about starting tyrod/Tannehill at OP and only having Hyde as my backup rb tho...lol.
Plus you went for a strategy going into your auction of the two stud RB's and if you make this trade you never get to see it in action.  Sometimes its hard to just let your team play out a bit before trying to "fix" it when you have this much time before the season. 

LOL, Just the other day you were defending your drafting of the two studs, now you want to trade one away for next to nothing. Roll with what you have unless you get a much better offer. (And next year don't make the same mistake)

#7 QB, #4 WR, #16 RB and #17 rb for Tyrod (will he be the starter all year?), Bell, and Crabtree?

I wouldn't consider that "next to nothing." I get the argument for not doing it but other than not getting a surefire rb1 back...its a solid haul.

Funny thing is...before I could get back to him to decline the guy got cold feet and rescinded the offer.

And how much did he spend on all those guys versus what you did for your guys? Add them all up and see. That should tell you how bad a trade that would have been.

I'm not someone who generally cares what other people bid on a player once the draft is over. Auction drafts are weird and a player can go for way too much because hes the last good rb or way to little because everyone has already spent too much elsewhere. But here ya go...

Him

Rivers - $14

McKinnon - $42

Larry Fitz - $34

Cohen - $8

Total: $98

Me

Bell - $75

Tyrod - $7

Marvin Jones - $7

Total: $89

You can add in who I would've dropped if you like as well: Ebron $1