What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Trey "Hype Rocket" Quinn *** (1 Viewer)

Sebowski

Footballguy
Can't believe there isn't a thread for this guy. 

Led all of college football in catches last year. Pitched in no-hitter in the Little League World Series. This kid has it all. Word out of early camp has him impressing big time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Who?

What position does he play?

Who drafted him?

Inquiring minds are mostly ambivalent but also bored so what's the deal?

Who? Trey "Hype Rocket" Quinn

What position does he play? Hint: Led all of college football in catches

Who drafted him? Redskins

Inquiring minds are mostly ambivalent but also bored so what's the deal? Deal is: get on board or get out the way. 
This is your chance for ground floor entry. Huge PPR potential here. Smooth route runner. Balls stick to his baby soft hands. Quicker than a hiccup in space. Workaholic. A QB's best BFF. He is returning both kickoffs and punts in camp right now. Word is he is only one of both those groups yet to put the ball on the ground. I can see him taking over both duties from Crowder who has been too inconsistent with return duties. Speaking of Crowder and inconsistent.... Quinn is a ready-made replacement for Crowder if Crowder doesn't step up quick this year. 

Quinn benefited hugely last season from playing opposite Courtland Sutton, who was drawing the other teams top cover guys in double and sometime triple teams on an SMU team that threw the ball all over the field.

Pretty mediocre athlete with an average build who understands his limitations and can operate in tight windows, using angles and his body to shield well.  Huge hands that secure passes, but double catches and fights the ball more than he should.  Concerns that he is a one year wonder, as he started his career at LSU and never surpassed 200 yds receiving in a season there, having a much worse sophomore year than his freshman year.

Projects to be a decent slot receiver who could be a security blanket but won’t give you much YAC.  Doesn’t have the chops to play outside.  Word out of WAS is that he looked great against other rooks and FAs in skel drills.  Went undrafted in our 8 round 14 team IDP draft but drew interest in FA and was picked up at an above minimum bid because of the positive reports out of WAS.  

Thinking this guy may be one of the hats-and-shorts darlings that pop up every TC who may struggle to be a significant factor once the 1s hit the field.

As a Skins fan, I hate to make this comparison but his profile reminds me of that inbred P.O.S. Cole Beasley.

Gruden seems to like him, but he can't play outside and won't pass Crowder this year.  Maybe in 2019.

Can't believe there isn't a thread for this guy. 

Led all of college football in catches last year. Pitched in no-hitter in the Little League World Series. This kid has it all. Word out of early camp has him impressing big time. 

And I don't think it's gonna be a long long time
'Till touchdowns brings me round again to find
I'm the man, they don't think I am at home
Oh no no no I'm hype rocket man
Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone

Is he half as good as everyone is saying???
Half as good?  He’ll be lucky to reach 1% of the giant ball of potential that is Jordan Reed!   :P

(Seriously, the best thing he has going for him is the complete lack of established receiving talent ahead of him on the depth chart.  He may not come strong right away, but he could easily stick and hang around long enough to master the NFL game with no one challenging him for roster space.  Excellent taxi squad stash IMO.)

Half as good?  He’ll be lucky to reach 1% of the giant ball of potential that is Jordan Reed!   :P

(Seriously, the best thing he has going for him is the complete lack of established receiving talent ahead of him on the depth chart.  He may not come strong right away, but he could easily stick and hang around long enough to master the NFL game with no one challenging him for roster space.  Excellent taxi squad stash IMO.)
Good call, Jordan Reed has the 2nd or 3rd most potential at his postion when healthy. It makes sense to say if healthy Hype Rocket could do aobut the same. If you had him in dynasty would you offer him for a 1st next year or just hold? 

Good call, Jordan Reed has the 2nd or 3rd most potential at his postion when healthy. It makes sense to say if healthy Hype Rocket could do aobut the same. If you had him in dynasty would you offer him for a 1st next year or just hold? 
I would not expect to get a first from a guy I probably got in the 3rd (or later) this year.  If someone offered me that, I’d break my mouse clicking accept.

I like Quinn and called him out in this post earlier,  but a future 1st is getting a bit silly.  I drafted him in the 8th in all of my leagues (had to trade for a couple of the picks haha) and I think he's got a chance to develop.  I also think it's premature to rule him out on the outside.  The kid is 22 years old and solidly built, I'll see how he learns and grows before making that kind of assessment.

This is just one of those guys who is great at everything he does. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/my-expertise-so-crisp-trey-quinn-fortnite-legend-too-many-wins-count

Fortnite is the world's most popular video game these days and plenty of Redskins players partake in the phenomenon. 

Adonis Alexander, for example, was on the sticks when the 'Skins took him in the supplemental draft. Then there's Derrius Guice, who streams himself on Twitch as he works through the battle-royale style action.

Yet, despite having teammates close by in the locker room who'd surely be down to join up with him, Trey Quinn has no interest in getting online with other members of the Burgundy and Gold. Why?

Because they aren't as good as him.

"I've never seen LeBron go down to the G League and play a game before, so you're not gonna see me play with those guys," Quinn said, completely seriously, after a training camp practice in Richmond. "I keep it pro-level. My expertise is so crisp that I can't be sidetracked by something like that."

It's a shame he isn't more confident, isn't it?

The last pick of the 2018 NFL Draft has always acquitted himself well with shooters, so the transition to Fortnite has gone quite smoothly. Essentially, he didn't even need to plug in his controller for a recharge before he reached legendary status.

"I'm gonna be humble right here," he said. "Through trial and error, over and over, the hours I've put in, the blood, sweat and tears on the sticks, it took maybe an hour? Then I was just a god."

Everyone approaches a match differently, and for Quinn, whether he's playing solo, duos or squads (the latter two often involve his younger brother, Carter), he prefers to keep it aggressive. Once he takes off from the Battle Bus, the wide receiver typically lands at Tilted Towers or Greasy Grove, places that get crowded and produce carnage quickly.

As for his inventory, the SMU product is versatile: he is skilled with pumps and SMGs but is most deadly with the hunting rifle, a weapon that requires extreme accuracy. When Jay Gruden referred to Quinn as a "quiet assassin" earlier this offseason, he likely had no idea how correct that statement was.

And, as you'd imagine from someone who compares himself to the king of the NBA, the 22-year-old has a scary amount of career victories. While some go days or weeks without finishing first, Quinn has done it so many times that putting a number on it is just not worth attempting to do.

"After the first two hours of playing, I lost count," he said. "It's one of those things that it doesn't even take me the typical 20 minutes to win a game. It's almost like a nuke in the old Call of Duty. As soon as we jump off the Battle Bus, the game ends."

Gruden on Quinn. 

https://247sports.com/college/southern-methodist/Article/Trey-Quinn-Pernell-McPhee-Redskins-training-camp-120265077/

Yeah he is fun to watch, he is very smart," Gruden said. "You don’t catch 115 balls in college unless you don’t have an idea how to get open in zones and they weren’t all bubble screens. He caught option routes, seam balls, double moves from the outside, from the inside, he did a lot of great things at SMU. He has shown his ability to move around, grasp the system, see coverage, adjust, break in and out of cuts pretty effortlessly and really, he has really, really, strong, strong, good hands. As good of hands that I’ve seen out of that position. Big strong hands so really big upside for him right now, we're teaching him mostly slot behind Jamison [Crowder] in case something happens to Jamison [Crowder], so it's great to have that depth there. He also can return punts but also has the ability to play outside.

@john_keim

Rookie report: Receiver Trey Quinn has impressed teammates with his savviness. He's not fast, but he understands leverage on routes and that enables him to create separation.

As a Skins fan, I hate to make this comparison but his profile reminds me of that inbred P.O.S. Cole Beasley.

Gruden seems to like him, but he can't play outside and won't pass Crowder this year.  Maybe in 2019.
Holy cow, this just made me laugh out loud (and I'm a Cowboys fan). Jeez... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Looks like Trey is fine, and back at practice.

Houston, resume launch countdown.  Let’s get this rocket airborne!

Didn't the head coach say Crowder's MRI this week showed "something in there"? If so, I think you could be looking at a weekly starter in the slot right? And since no one else has done a damn thing in this offense in the passing game, seems he might have a chance to make a name for himself in the coming weeks. I'm on board. 

Didn't the head coach say Crowder's MRI this week showed "something in there"? If so, I think you could be looking at a weekly starter in the slot right? And since no one else has done a damn thing in this offense in the passing game, seems he might have a chance to make a name for himself in the coming weeks. I'm on board. 
Maurice Harris plays a lot of slot WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trey Quinn - WR -  Redskins

Redskins WR Trey Quinn will start in Week 11 against the Texans.

Quinn will start in three-wide sets with Jamison Crowder (ankle) sidelined. He'll get most of his snaps from the slot, with Josh Doctson and Maurice Harris playing outside. Quinn had some training camp hype before going down with an high-ankle sprain. He's a Dynasty league flyer.

Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter 

Nov 18 - 11:45 AM

Users who are viewing this thread