What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Geoff Swaim, TE, Jacksonville Jaguars - Dynasty & Redraft Value (1 Viewer)

the lone star

Footballguy
Decided to make a player thread for this guy since one doesn't already exist.

He might be the opening day starter for the Cowboys, and from what I have seen, I don't dislike how he and Dak play together.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is entirely too much talk about the Dallas Cowboy starting TEs already.

The Cowboys TE of the future is not on the roster this season.  IMO you wasted your one thread of the day.
Had nothing else to post tbh. NBA Finals and NHL Finals going on. Those have my primary attention right now.

I like player threads. Maybe he is the starter this year and becomes relevant during the season.
That would probably be a better time to start the "Official" thread.  Unless and until a definite starter emerges I doubt individual Dallas TE threads gain much traction.

That would probably be a better time to start the "Official" thread.  Unless and until a definite starter emerges I doubt individual Dallas TE threads gain much traction.
Basically just wanted a head start. Rico and Dalton have threads, might as well create one for the current leader on the depth chart.

Had nothing else to post tbh. NBA Finals and NHL Finals going on. Those have my primary attention right now.
Just cause you get one per day, doesn't mean you HAVE to use it just to use it.  In the case of starting threads, less is more.  People will pay attention and respect them if you don't do one a day.  Can you imagine 100 new threads started by you before the season kicks off?! 

There is entirely too much talk about the Dallas Cowboy starting TEs already.

The Cowboys TE of the future is not on the roster this season.  IMO you wasted your one thread of the day.
Haha ya.  I feel like I know more about the 4th TE on a team that doesn't even have one really good one than I ever have or wanted to.  Next will be individual offensive linemen threads :P

Just cause you get one per day, doesn't mean you HAVE to use it just to use it.  In the case of starting threads, less is more.  People will pay attention and respect them if you don't do one a day.  Can you imagine 100 new threads started by you before the season kicks off?! 
Yeah, I didn't have to use it. I wanted to. One of these guys will be the starter this year. We speculate a lot about rookies who could be complete busts, but why not guys who have potential to start and make an impact? Seems like a double standard.

Cowboys TE Geoff Swaim is listed as the starter on the team's depth chart.

Dallas was always expected to take a committee approach at tight end. Blake Jarwin played more total snaps than Swaim in the preseason, but it's the latter who was graded above-average in pass-blocking at Pro Football Focus. Rico Gathers, who avoided being released following an arrest for marijuana possession Friday evening, is listed ahead of rookie Dalton Schultz. Gathers receiving heavy usage in the red zone is the only chance this group produces anything for fantasy purposes.

Source: Calvin Watkins on Twitter 

Sep 4 - 6:31 PM

So he seems to be seeing an uptick is usage and scored last week. Anything to see here? Burton owner looking for a fill-in and thinking he may be the best of a bad bunch on the WW.

Last edited by a moderator:
1010 XL's Hays Carlyon reports TE Geoff Swaim is Jacksonville's "unquestioned starter."

Signed to a two-year, $6.6 million contract in March, Swaim's only competition at the position is arguably third-round rookie Josh Oliver, who recently suffered a "significant" hamstring injury in camp. Jacksonville dealt with numerous injuries to their tight ends last season, but could simply lean on the 28-year-old free agent acquisition this upcoming year if he's able to stay healthy. Swaim ended last year on injured reserve (wrist surgery), but not before he logged career-highs in targets (32), catches (26), receiving yards (242), and touchdowns (1).

RELATED: 

Dallas Cowboys

SOURCE: Hays Carlyon on Twitter

Aug 3, 2019, 2:49 PM ET

Geoff Swaim (foot) is slated to return to practice Monday.

Beat reporter Phillip Heilman of The Athletic is hearing Swaim will practice in "some capacity," a sign that he'll probably be a limited participant. Still, this puts him on track for Week 1 against Kansas City. The former Cowboy is in line to start for Jacksonville, though it's unlikely he'll carry much fantasy weight.

SOURCE: Phillip Heilman on Twitter

Aug 26, 2019, 11:03 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread