What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

After your rookie draft (1 Viewer)

pyite76

Footballguy
So your rookie draft has ended... who are you looking to pick up and stash until after training camp and rosters have been set?  Here is who I have snagged so far:

Gus Edwards - BAL - I base my fliers on situation and the tape, and this guy looks good to me.  Strong enough to handle the inside game and has burst.  I'm not a believer in any of the guys in Baltimore right now... the next Alfred Morris?

Terry Swanson - HOU - Good acceleration and again, Houston seems to be a place where a no namer could come out and make a name for themselves.  The Texans have had this situation happen in the past.  

Robert Foster - BUF - Alabama WRs tend to play pretty well at the next level and I wonder if Bama's running attack hid his ability a little bit.  Why not.

Korey Robertson - MIN - Big boy.  Breaks tackles well and runs strong for a WR. Also seems to have really good hands but I haven't watched all his tape yet.

Tegray Scales - LAR - After Barron, the Rams don't have much proven for the other ILB spot. A monster at Indiana and lots of good press about his character and work ethic.

Great topic.  I'm going to keep IDP off of my list and give you 24 hours to post this in the IDP forum before I steal your idea and do it myself ;)

No QB - I prefer not to wait that long on this position.  Nearly all of them spend 2-3 years on an opponent's taxi squad only to get released.  I'd rather hold a lottery ticket like Ito Smith than a Mason Rudolph.

Ryan Nall - I like the talent and there's a new coaching staff in place, no incumbent should feel 100% safe in that situation.  Might get the "my guy" treatment.

Lavon Coleman - Solid talent level, might have the closest thing to a clear path to playing time of all the longshots.

Darryl Williams - I think he's a sneaky talent.  Spent his college days behind Fournette and Guice so we didn't really get much chance to see what he's got.  He's in a tough spot but all UDFA are and he might be the kind of guy that doesn't make the first final roster he's on but gets added somewhere and after a bit of growth and improvement ala Alex Collins we see what he's really got.

Dylan Cantrell - even moreso after the Hunter Henry injury, but this guy blew up the combine and he's got the "system WR" harbinger hanging over him that most Texas Tech guys get stuck with but could be a lot more than just that.

Terry Quinn - At one point there was speculation that he might be the best WR on his college team (look that one up).  It seems silly now (just kidding, he played at SMU with Courtland Sutton) after the NFL has weighed in with their draft equity, but the lesson remains that the kid can play.  As nice a situation as a 7th round pick is going to get into too.

Marcel Ateman - same story as Quinn above (James Washington/Oklahoma State) in terms of maybe being better than the stud with the NFL disagreeing, but he's also pretty talented in his own right.  Not a great situation, but there is a ton of turmoil in front of him still.  Cooper has a very fluctuating following, who even knows who the #2 is there with Nelson (maybe?) being washed up?  Bryant (possibly?) being a head case?  Nelson is a cap liability?  Bryant is UFA after this year?  Seth Roberts sucks?

Marcus Baugh - ok I may be seeing this through Scarlet/Gray and Silver/Black colored glasses more than anything, but he was a highly touted HS recruit that did zippo in college.  There's a non-zero chance this is mostly due to the restrictions of his QB so I think he's worth the price of admission.  They like Jared Cook but he's never reached his potential either and they have nothing after him so there may be targets to be had.

Great topic.  I'm going to keep IDP off of my list and give you 24 hours to post this in the IDP forum before I steal your idea and do it myself ;)

No QB - I prefer not to wait that long on this position.  Nearly all of them spend 2-3 years on an opponent's taxi squad only to get released.  I'd rather hold a lottery ticket like Ito Smith than a Mason Rudolph.
Love the LSU picks of Williams and (former LSU) Quinn. 

Let's check back during the 2018-2019 offseason on that one.  Big Ben has played through a ridiculous amount of injuries at a high level but between age and the retirement talk, have to think Rudolph will get an opportunity sooner, rather than later on his rookie contract.  I do agree, that doesn't mean he'll hit as a lottery ticket either.  But I'm telling you, there might be a chance. . . 

I like the call on Fountain, but unfortunately he wasn't anywhere near undrafted - he averaged pick 38 non-IDP across all my leagues.  I did get him twice and got sniped by one pick in a third.

Users who are viewing this thread