What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bojang's Post Draft Tiers (1 Viewer)

Bojang0301

Omar4Heisman
Pre-Draft Tiers

QB
Tier 1: Baker Mayfield, CLE
Tier 2: Lamar Jackson, BAL
Tier 3: Sam Darnold, NYJ
           Josh Rosen, ARI
Tier 4: Mason Rudolph, PIT
           Josh Allen, BUF
           Kyle Lauletta, NYG

RB
G:       Saquon Barkley, NYG
Tier 1: Derrius Guice, WAS
           Rashaad Penny, SEA
           Nick Chubb, CLE
Tier 2: Sony Michel, NE
           Royce Freeman, DEN
           Ronald Jones, TB
           Kerryon Johnson, DET
Tier 3: Kalen Ballage, MIA
           Nyheim Hines, IND
           Jaylen Samuels, PIT
           Chase Edmonds, ARI
           Ito Smith, ATL
Tier 4: Jordan Wilkins, IND
           Boston Scott, NO
           Bo Scarbrough, DAL
           Trenton Cannon, NYJ
           Justin Jackson, LAC
           Ryan Nall, CHI
           John Kelly, LAR
Tier 5: Mark Walton, CIN
           Josh Adams, PHI
           Jarvion Franklin, PIT
           Dontrell Hilliard, CLE
           Larry Rose, TEN
           Ralph Webb, NE

WR
Tier 1: James Washington, PIT
           DJ Moore, CAR
           Courtland Sutton, DEN
Tier 2: Michael Gallup, DAL
           Tre'Quan Smith, NO
           Anthony Miller, CHI
           Calvin Ridley, ATL
           Christian Kirk, ARI
Tier 3: Antonio Callaway, CLE
           J'Mon Moore, GB
           Equanimous St. Brown, GB
           Daurice Fountain, IND
           Justin Watson, TB
           Cedrick Wilson, DAL
           DJ Chark, JAC
           Dante Pettis, SF
Tier 4: Daesean Hamilton, DEN
           Deon Cain, IND
           M. Valdez-Scantling, GB
           Trey Quinn, WAS
           Richie James, SF
           Keke Coutee, HOU
           Jordan Lasley, BAL
           Jaleel Scott, BAL
           Dylan Cantrell, LAC
Tier 5: Allen Lazard, JAC
           Korey Robertson, MIN
           Javon Wims, CHI
           Jester Weah, HOU
           Simmie Cobbs, CHI
           Byron Pringle, KC
           Keith Kirkwood, NO
           Auden Tate, CIN
           Marcell Ateman, OAK

TE
Tier 1: Mike Gesicki, MIA
Tier 2: Dallas Goedert, PHI
Tier 3: Mark Andrews, BAL
           Hayden Hurst, BAL
           Ian Thomas, CAR
           Tyler Conklin, MIN
           Dalton Schultz, DAL

*Formatting updated*

Risers: Ronald Jones, Kerryon Johnson, Kalen Ballage, Jaylen Samuels, Jordan Wilkins, Antonio Callaway, Michael Gallup, Jaleel Scott, Dalton Schultz

Fallers: Bo Scarbrough, John Kelly, Ryan Nall, Allen Lazard, Korey Robertson, Dallas Goedert

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of numbers are you thinking for James Washington?

I see you have him as your number one WR.

Is Bell going to not be with the team soon thus opening up more targets for other players in the near future?

Will JuJu Schuster continue to improve? Or do you think Washington over takes him?

That is a pretty high ranking for Ballage. How do you see him working out with Miami? Will Gase be the Dolphins head coach in 2019? Is CJ Anderson not incoming?

That is a pretty high ranking for Ballage. How do you see him working out with Miami? Will Gase be the Dolphins head coach in 2019? Is CJ Anderson not incoming?
Is it though?  After Freeman, all of the other RBs that people were interested in ended up behind a young, established lead back.  Ballage is really the only one with a foreseeable path to a lead role as the only other one that ended up in a situation without too much competition is a small CoP player (Hines).

I would put Ballage as the #9 RB as well, but there is a huge drop from 8 to 9.

Is it though?  After Freeman, all of the other RBs that people were interested in ended up behind a young, established lead back.  Ballage is really the only one with a foreseeable path to a lead role as the only other one that ended up in a situation without too much competition is a small CoP player (Hines).

I would put Ballage as the #9 RB as well, but there is a huge drop from 8 to 9.
I had to look at my list.

I have Ballage at RB 10 right now so its not that different. I have Ito Smith ahead of him after the top 8.

I have these RB as tier 3 while the top 8 are tier one except Michel who is borderline tier one at the top of tier two. So yeah the gap is huge.

I don't want anything to do with the Dolphins players right now because I see the whole thing being turned over next year anyways. Maybe Ballage does well and ends up on top of that fall out? New coaches tend to clean house and want "their guys" especially at a fungible position like RB.

Maybe I am too high on Ballage along with you guys I guess. I do like the player, the team situation perhaps deserves a downgrade/discount though.

Have you heard anything about CJ Anderson signing? That seems like something pretty likely to happen in my opinion. 

I think I like every one of your tier 2 receivers better than every one of your tier ones.  I'm not sure I'm right but interesting that we see it see differently. 

What kind of numbers are you thinking for James Washington?

I see you have him as your number one WR.

Is Bell going to not be with the team soon thus opening up more targets for other players in the near future?

Will JuJu Schuster continue to improve? Or do you think Washington over takes him?

Right now, with the absence of Eli Rogers, I would put JuJu at 110 targets and Washington at somewhere between 75-90 targets. On the high side, I think he is more then capable to replicate Bryant’s numbers of 50 603 3. I also believe with Washington’s YPC and college TD production he could beat that if he is able to get that kind of target share. If Rogers resigns, I’d have to put him at about 20-35 targets which would lower the projection to 33 400 2 roughly but I don’t think much stands in the way of him being the Steelers #3 and their deep threat. If you look at what Bryant did last year, Coates/DHB did in ‘16 and Wheaton in ‘15 you’ll see that there is definitely more opportunity than people are giving credit for right now.

Oh, and to answer about Ballage: I’ve never wanted to be a Ballage cheerleader. His production was mediocre and he sat behind one of the worst RB prospects I’ve ever had the displeasure of watching. Fact of the matter is Gore is done, I have equal distrust of Kenyan Drake and his profile is geared toward a 3 down role. There is no denying his ability to catch and his home run nature. Once you get into the later round backs he’s the only one that makes sense to go: ya, I can see him getting a lions share of touches in an offense when push comes to shove. I like Hines, Smith, Nall, Edmonds, and Kelly better as prospects but opportunity and draft capital are the trump card here.

I think I like every one of your tier 2 receivers better than every one of your tier ones.  I'm not sure I'm right but interesting that we see it see differently. 
:shrug:  I don’t dislike (except Ridley) them by any means. I’m about a drunken stupor short of putting Tre’Quan in my top tier and jumping Gallup. Gallup has such an easy path to targets, hard to do that. Also Harmon is all over that one on twitter: Dak’s highest route targeted was also Gallup’s most successfully executed in college.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now, with the absence of Eli Rogers, I would put JuJu at 110 targets and Washington at somewhere between 75-90 targets. On the high side, I think he is more then capable to replicate Bryant’s numbers of 50 603 3. I also believe with Washington’s YPC and college TD production he could beat that if he is able to get that kind of target share. If Rogers resigns, I’d have to put him at about 20-35 targets which would lower the projection to 33 400 2 roughly but I don’t think much stands in the way of him being the Steelers #3 and their deep threat. If you look at what Bryant did last year, Coates/DHB did in ‘16 and Wheaton in ‘15 you’ll see that there is definitely more opportunity than people are giving credit for right now.
Is that enough opportunity for him to be the number one WR from this draft class? As the number 3 receiver on the Steelers or actually more like the 4th WR on the Steelers with Bell getting a large share of the targets as well?

The numbers your talking about do not seem to better than all of the other WR to me. Some of these guys are going to be the #1 receiver for their teams, not the 4th.

Biabreakable said:
Is that enough opportunity for him to be the number one WR from this draft class? As the number 3 receiver on the Steelers or actually more like the 4th WR on the Steelers with Bell getting a large share of the targets as well?

The numbers your talking about do not seem to better than all of the other WR to me. Some of these guys are going to be the #1 receiver for their teams, not the 4th.
None of those WR’s are going to be #1 WR’s on their team this year. Who would you make that assumption for? Gallup has clearest path to #1/2 playing time but their FA signings and Beasley are likely to get first crack, Sutton is #4 on Denver unless Sanders is cut, Moore could be #2 or he could be behind Torrey Smith and Jarius Wright he has a decent path to playing time, Ridley begind Sanu, Tre’Quan behind Thomas, Meredith, Ginn also the RB’s in the picture and Kirk plays the same position as Fitzgerald. Washington only has to beat out DHB and Justin Hunter to take over the Bryant deep threat role for Pittsburgh. Even if you don’t believe in him there were points in time when people got feverishly excited about Wheaton, Coates and Bryant in that exact spot. I do happen to believe in him as way more than a deep threat and would say people didn’t expect him to come into the league in that role given his 40. His sustained MPH at the Senior Bowl and his success on all routes in college tells a different story though. This is an underrated opportunity in a high flying offense. 

Maybe I am over estimating some of these WR path to playing time. You make some good points about veteran players with the other teams.

How many years do bigben and ab have together?? 2 tops....mason to james wash.....again?
I don’t think the future QB is on the roster. I actually like Dobbs more than Rudolph. Both have problems with locking onto WR’s and feel in the pocket. It could be that they move on from Landry Jones after preseason though. 

Most of my leagues are with IDP but there is a considerable drop off after the 8 RB’s. I’m a great deal higher on James Washington as most hate his situation. I don’t see it that way, obviously. Him, along with Lamar Jackson, seem to be getting some good value sneaking into the late 2nd/early 3rd in IDP drafts. Seems like Gesicki, Sutton, Gallup and Moore you need to get immediately after the backs if not a little before Kerryon if you want them.

Most of my leagues are with IDP but there is a considerable drop off after the 8 RB’s. I’m a great deal higher on James Washington as most hate his situation. I don’t see it that way, obviously. Him, along with Lamar Jackson, seem to be getting some good value sneaking into the late 2nd/early 3rd in IDP drafts. Seems like Gesicki, Sutton, Gallup and Moore you need to get immediately after the backs if not a little before Kerryon if you want them.
one of my league's rookie draft just began. 8 RBs to start before the first WR off the board. followed by a string of WRs.  first IDP player taken at 1.15, followed by Rosen to close R1.

So I was all over the place due to lots of trades in all my leagues but here is the amount of stock I have in each player through five IDP drafts:

3 Teams: Rashaad Penny, Justin Watson

2 Teams: Nick Chubb, Kalen Ballage, Daurice Fountain, Ian Thomas

1 Team: James Washington, Lamar Jackson, Derrius Guice, Sony Michel, Ito Smith, Tre’Quan Smith, Bo Scarbrough, Jaylen Samuels, Josh Adams, J’mon Moore, Mark Andrews

If anyone’s curious here’s my IDP stock:

4 Teams: Terrell Edmunds

2 Teams: Jerome Baker, Oren Burks

1 Team: Roquan Smith, Marcus Davenport, Tremaine Edmunds, Derwin James, Leighton Vander Esch, Rashaan Evans

Lessons: Chase Edmonds is a guy who people seem to hate his situation. I found myself staring at him many times in all the drafts only to find a player at a different position with more appeal. Probably would only have Ballage and Hines in tier 2 at this point the way drafts have gone down. I don’t believe many are draft worthy in IDP leagues. Many of them I like their talent level and they were/are available on the waiver wire. Only two RB’s have my attention that I never came across in my process pre-draft: Reggie Bonnafon, Carolina and Gus Edwards, Baltimore

WR’s was another position I found myself waiting and waiting. Would have liked to had some stock in Gallup or Miller but that’s ok given their stock rise. Was able to get Fountain, Watson and J’mon late. Marquez Valdez-Scantling and Trey Quinn are guys going undrafted that probably shouldn’t be. No new WR’s have caught my attention. 

Mike Gesicki was a guy I wanted in my 1.5 TE PPR but couldn’t pass on Chubb when he slipped to me. Ended up missing out on him and Goedert in that draft and ended up reaching for Ian Thomas who I now have in a few drafts. Like the talent profile and Carolinas use of TE’s with Cam. 

So I was all over the place due to lots of trades in all my leagues but here is the amount of stock I have in each player through five IDP drafts:

3 Teams: Rashaad Penny, Justin Watson

2 Teams: Nick Chubb, Kalen Ballage, Daurice Fountain, Ian Thomas

1 Team: James Washington, Lamar Jackson, Derrius Guice, Sony Michel, Ito Smith, Tre’Quan Smith, Bo Scarbrough, Jaylen Samuels, Josh Adams, J’mon Moore, Mark Andrews

If anyone’s curious here’s my IDP stock:

4 Teams: Terrell Edmunds

2 Teams: Jerome Baker, Oren Burks

1 Team: Roquan Smith, Marcus Davenport, Tremaine Edmunds, Derwin James, Leighton Vander Esch, Rashaan Evans

Lessons: Chase Edmonds is a guy who people seem to hate his situation. I found myself staring at him many times in all the drafts only to find a player at a different position with more appeal. Probably would only have Ballage and Hines in tier 2 at this point the way drafts have gone down. I don’t believe many are draft worthy in IDP leagues. Many of them I like their talent level and they were/are available on the waiver wire. Only two RB’s have my attention that I never came across in my process pre-draft: Reggie Bonnafon, Carolina and Gus Edwards, Baltimore

WR’s was another position I found myself waiting and waiting. Would have liked to had some stock in Gallup or Miller but that’s ok given their stock rise. Was able to get Fountain, Watson and J’mon late. Marquez Valdez-Scantling and Trey Quinn are guys going undrafted that probably shouldn’t be. No new WR’s have caught my attention. 

Mike Gesicki was a guy I wanted in my 1.5 TE PPR but couldn’t pass on Chubb when he slipped to me. Ended up missing out on him and Goedert in that draft and ended up reaching for Ian Thomas who I now have in a few drafts. Like the talent profile and Carolinas use of TE’s with Cam. 
What are your thoughts on Chase Edmonds?

EBF seems to like him a lot. He is a player I haven't watched yet. Seems blocked behind David Johnson but maybe he is worth having anyways?

I would like Ian Thomas more if Greg Olsen hadn't signed a new 2 year deal that seems locked in as they take a big cap hit for releasing him.

What are your thoughts on Chase Edmonds?

EBF seems to like him a lot. He is a player I haven't watched yet. Seems blocked behind David Johnson but maybe he is worth having anyways?

I would like Ian Thomas more if Greg Olsen hadn't signed a new 2 year deal that seems locked in as they take a big cap hit for releasing him.
I like him well enough. I thought he could top out in a Duke Johnson/Dion Lewis type role. Unfortunately David Johnson doesn’t really need snaps taken from him. I think he is mostly valuable as a handcuff but he could find some value build if he shows up in preseason. Right now his value is not showing in rookie drafts I’ve been in.

I don’t think the future QB is on the roster. I actually like Dobbs more than Rudolph. Both have problems with locking onto WR’s and feel in the pocket. It could be that they move on from Landry Jones after preseason though. 
I don't like Rudolph more than Dobbs, but I think it's likely they move on from Landry if either of the other QBs step up and show they have what it takes to at least be a backup. They can save $2 million off the cap and space is precious right now.

Users who are viewing this thread