What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Saquon or Dalvin Cook + pick 2? (1 Viewer)

Alluro

Footballguy
I have been offered Cook and the second overall rookie pick for the first overall pick (Saquon). Should I take it or just roll with Barkley ?

Alluro said:
I have been offered Cook and the second overall rookie pick for the first overall pick (Saquon). Should I take it or just roll with Barkley ?
I’d have a hard time turning that down. Can’t go wrong either way

Thats the best offer I have seen for the 1.01 so far. If you need RB depth I would make the trade. If you already have a group of rbs then continue adding talent in Barkley. 

The offer has been increased slightly to Dalvin Cook, 1.02, and a 2019 2nd round pick for 1.01. 

If you feel I should take it, who is the RB you would select at 1.02 to pair with Cook? 

The offer has been increased slightly to Dalvin Cook, 1.02, and a 2019 2nd round pick for 1.01. 

If you feel I should take it, who is the RB you would select at 1.02 to pair with Cook? 

Guice is probably the consensus 1.02. You could make an argument for Penny, Freeman, Chubb, Johnson, Michel, and Jones. If you can wait until preseason or training camp reports come out to make a decision that will help clarify who to take. 

Just a thought, but assuming you make the above trade, I would turn the 1.02 around and do a very similar trade to the 1.01. Think about moving back for two later picks. If I could get two picks between the 1.04 to 1.08, or one pick and another RB, you can add valuable depth. I think the most talented RBs in Michel and Chubb have landed in spots where their talent won't surface for at least one season, pushing them outside of the top 3 rookie picks. If the draft plays out in your favor you could grab Chubb, Michel, Jones, Freeman, or Johnson if you moved back for two picks. If I was offered say Mixon + 1.05, or the 1.04 + 1.07, I would take that.  Really depends on what other teams have to offer. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up accepting the trade. Thanks everyone for your help. Hopefully Saquon is good, but isn't the player of the generation many seem to think he is :). I actually got roasted by a few people in my league for pulling the trigger. 

Users who are viewing this thread