What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Poll: Consensus Shark Pool Shark Tank Hawk Screech Mock Draft 1.1 (1 Viewer)

Who do the Browns take in the first pick of the draft?

• Sam Darnold

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • Josh Rosen

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Baker Mayfield

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Josh Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saquon Barkley

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Bradley Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Sebowski

Footballguy
Curious what a consensus mock draft would look like. We've seen stuff like this before. I don't remember one about this topic. You guys would know the drill. Pick the right pick. I'll leave each pick up for a day or so until there is a good amount of votes and then post the next pick to vote on. No trades here. Key FAs and lots of trades already. As it stands now, who do the Browns take as the first pick of the 2018 draft? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this worth some discussion? Browns have to go QB here, right? I thought Barkley was an option until they signed Hyde, but WTF were they thinking trading for Tyrod? I can't make sense of this team. 

Is this worth some discussion? Browns have to go QB here, right? I thought Barkley was an option until they signed Hyde, but WTF were they thinking trading for Tyrod? I can't make sense of this team. 
I’m assuming Darnold won’t be immediately ready. That being said, I believe they gave up too much in the trade for Taylor. 

I see no chance the Browns do not go QB. Taylor is a placeholder - he is not even close to a franchise level QB unless that franchise is striving for a 9-7 ceiling.

A couple months ago I thought these QBs were all neck and neck. Why is Darnold the clear cut #1 now? 

A couple months ago I thought these QBs were all neck and neck. Why is Darnold the clear cut #1 now? 
He has been raked the top QB for some time.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/tracker?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:qb

------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel Jeremiah said he has him ranked as his top QB over the past three drafts, slightly ahead of where he had Carson Wentz who comes in 2nd on his rankings.

------------------------------------------------------------

...I recently looked up the grades I gave to the quarterbacks in the '16 and '17 draft classes and I slotted them in with this year's crop of talent. Here's the order I have them in based on their draft grade.

1.) Sam Darnold, USC Draft class: 2018 The skinny: I had very similar draft grades on each of the top four players on this list. However, I gave Darnold a slightly higher grade than Carson Wentz because of his durability and level of competition from college.

2. ) Carson Wentz, North Dakota State Draft class: 2016; second overall pick, Philadelphia Eagles  The skinny: Wentz had an ideal skill set coming out of NDSU. His ability to drive the ball accurately and create with his legs made him a special prospect.

3. ) Josh Rosen, UCLA Draft class: 2018  The skinny: Rosen is the best pure passer in this time frame (2016-2018). His motion, footwork and arm talent are off the charts.

4. ) Jared Goff, Cal Draft class: 2016; first overall pick, Los Angeles Rams  The skinny: Goff was very smooth and accurate at Cal. He was an effortless thrower and you've seen that carry over to the NFL.

5. ) Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma Draft class: 2018  The skinny: Mayfield is the shortest member of this group (measured in at 6-foot 5/8 and 215 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine), but I gave him a strong grade based on his touch, playmaking ability and toughness.

6. ) Josh Allen, Wyoming Draft class: 2018  The skinny: Allen was an inconsistent performer at Wyoming, but his good moments are incredibly impressive. He is very capable of outplaying my draft grade.

7. ) Deshaun Watson, Clemson Draft class: 2017; 12th overall pick, Houston Texans The skinny: I had Watson as my highest-rated quarterback in last year's class, but based on early returns, I was way too low with my grade. I had concerns with his accuracy and decision making, but he cleaned up both areas last fall. He was off to a remarkable start as a rookie before suffering an ACL tear in November.

8. ) Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina Draft class: 2017; second overall pick, Chicago Bears The skinny: I loved Trubisky's talent, but he had a very small sample size of production. He was a full-time starter for 

I like this idea for a thread. More interesting than the dynasty rookie pick thread, since that changes so much based on where guy end up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread