What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2019 NFL Draft Class (5 Viewers)

Thank you, Faust. This is important especially now when draft picks are being traded around. Nice to know what you're getting into buying 2019 picks.

Overall, how will this class compare to the 2018 class?  At what point with a 2018 1st round pick would you trade it for a random 2019 one?  (meaning if you had the #8 for instance, would you move it for a random 2019 1st rounder that could be top 3?)
I traded my 2018 1.10 pick for a 2019 1st, it should be a top 5 pick. For what’s is worth I already have Barkley and Guice (Devy) and 3 more 1st for 2018.

i currently have two 1st and two 2nd rounders for 2019 and I’m trying to get more.

Tex

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting to note who people are excited about now.  It seems that AJ Brown and N'Keal Harry are pretty highly rated across the board. Before this year people really liked Cain and St. Brown but have cooled on them recently. The same thing happened to a lesser extent with Juju, people loved him in his early years but cooled when he came out. I wonder if Cain and St. Brown will bounce back, and if Brown or Harry has a down year, I wonder if they'll still produce as Pros.

Dot, and what do folks think of David Montgomery from ISU?
I'm a fan.  I recently took him as the #6 overall devy player in our ongoing draft.

Only been a RB for a couple years as was a HS QB so still learning nuances of the position, read that his elusiveness is off the charts (and his tape shows that), natural receiver and perfect RB size.  Only thing he's missing is elite breakaway speed.

https://247sports.com/college/iowa-state/Bolt/Montgomery-breaks-PFF-Colleges-forced-missed-tackles-record-110738198

in progress :

1.    Cam Akers - RB Florida State - Canadian Bacon
2.     Jonathan Taylor - RB Wisconsin - Mighty CSD
3 .    JK Dobbins - RB Ohio State - Syd Terrapin
4.     AJ Brown - WR Ole Miss - Weaselicious
5.     N'Keal Harry - WR Arizona State - Bears Lair
6.     David Montgomery - RB Iowa State - Chosen Ones
7.     Bryce Love - RB Stanford - Helmet Heads
8.     D'Andre Swift - RB Georgia - Bishop Reign
9.     Damien Harris - RB Alabama - Tazmaniac
10.   Parris Campbell - WR Ohio State - Pride of Pei Mei 
11.   Collin Johnson - WR Texas - Wranglers

I'm a fan.  I recently took him as the #6 overall devy player in our ongoing draft.

Only been a RB for a couple years as was a HS QB so still learning nuances of the position, read that his elusiveness is off the charts (and his tape shows that), natural receiver and perfect RB size.  Only thing he's missing is elite breakaway speed.

https://247sports.com/college/iowa-state/Bolt/Montgomery-breaks-PFF-Colleges-forced-missed-tackles-record-110738198

in progress :

1.    Cam Akers - RB Florida State - Canadian Bacon
2.     Jonathan Taylor - RB Wisconsin - Mighty CSD
3 .    JK Dobbins - RB Ohio State - Syd Terrapin
4.     AJ Brown - WR Ole Miss - Weaselicious
5.     N'Keal Harry - WR Arizona State - Bears Lair
6.     David Montgomery - RB Iowa State - Chosen Ones
7.     Bryce Love - RB Stanford - Helmet Heads
8.     D'Andre Swift - RB Georgia - Bishop Reign
9.     Damien Harris - RB Alabama - Tazmaniac
10.   Parris Campbell - WR Ohio State - Pride of Pei Mei 
11.   Collin Johnson - WR Texas - Wranglers
I took Montgomery with the 7th overall in devy/rookie draft right after Dobbins went. I could have taken Taylor, but I keep thinking of the inflated Wisconsin stats. Fell for Monty Ball. That's enough for me.

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. lists Missouri QB Drew Lock at the top of his quarterback board.

Analysts seem to be split between Lock and Oregon's Justin Herbert as the top pro quarterback prospect in the 2019 class. Kiper does list Herbert atop his junior rankings, but it's Lock who sits atop. "Lock has a legit arm and quietly put up impressive totals for a team that faced a lot of good defenses," he writes. "He had 44 touchdown passes and 13 INTs in 2017 and gets a chance to improve on those totals in 2018. NFL eyes will be watching."

Source: ESPN 

May 11 - 7:10 PM

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. ranks Stanford senior RB Bryce Love as his top tailback in his way-too-early 2019 draft board.

Love is ranked 10th, and he's one of two running backs on Kiper's list; joining Oklahoma's Rodney Anderson. Love put up monster numbers -- even when he wasn't healthy -- but some don't seem terribly sold on the 5-foot-10, 184-pound tailback as a first-round pick. Kiper doesn't seem to be one of those people. As Kiper summarizes: " year after Christian McCaffrey averaged 6.3 yards per carry and caught 37 passes on his way to the top 10 of the draft, all Love did was average 8.1 yards per carry last season. What he will want to do more is catch passes, because he's slippery in space."

May 11 - 7:59 PM

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. ranks Ole Miss junior WR A.J. Brown fourth on his way-too-early 2019 NFL Draft rankings.

Brown is the first offensive player on the list, as he's followed the usual three defensive lineman: Houston's Ed Oliver, Ohio State's Nick Bosa, and Michigan's Rashan Gary. Kiper notes that Brown isn't "long by today's standards," but he reminds him of Anquan Boldin with his strong hands and ability to make plays through contact. Assuming he has another big season in 2018 -- he's coming off a 75/1252/11season for the Rebels -- he's going to be one of the first offensive players off the board.

May 11 - 6:20 PM

2019 looks pretty stacked for yet another year.  The more I think about 2018 the less I'm impressed.  Love, Gaskin, Harris we're all considered to be in the same class of any of these RB's other than Barkley, so if they're just as good and the WR's are much much stronger?  Then yeah sign me up for that group.  

2019 looks pretty stacked for yet another year.  The more I think about 2018 the less I'm impressed.  Love, Gaskin, Harris we're all considered to be in the same class of any of these RB's other than Barkley, so if they're just as good and the WR's are much much stronger?  Then yeah sign me up for that group.  
I'd be surprised if I'd rank any 2019 rb over the first six in this class. Similar story at qb, first one is probably #5 this year. Next year goes as far as the pass catchers will take them. 

I’m not impressed with Gaskins. He will be a career lesser end of a committee at the next level

Last edited by a moderator:
Over Harris maybe.  Over Love a resounding NO
Unless Love develops in passing game I think I'm going to be asking myself what I'd have asked myself if he came out this year. What is he? Some similar issues to Ronald Jones this year but Love is even smaller and someone who knows him well says he is as rocked up as he can pretty much get. Smaller type RB's who are not accomplished in passing game give are not ideal for me but he's got a year to work on this.

And that in a nutshell is why I'm so high on Anderson, he profiles as a Matt Forte type to me.

Users who are viewing this thread