What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***FBG 2017 OFFENSE DEFENSE CONTEST WEEK 14 (1 Viewer)

+83

Offense:  Carolina, New England, Miami, Seattle, San Francisco, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Arizona, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Baltimore, LA Chargers

Defense:  LA Rams, Seattle, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Atlanta, NY Jets, Minnesota, Oakland, Detroit, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, LA Chargers

Week #14:

Offense:  Buffalo

Defense:  Dallas

(19-9=10) 10-1 = 9

O: ATL, SEA, CAR, GB, TB, DEN, TEN, PHI, NO, PIT, KC, NE, LAC, NYJ

D: BUF, OAK, DEN, JAC, BAL, LAR, MIN, KC, PHI, CHI, LAC, CAR, MIA, CIN

Linky to Week 13

I will answer the question in the previous thread here.  I pretty much set up the thread here we are on the honor system for scoring :)

-QG
I get that it's honour system, and am not trying to drum up a debate in a fun friendly contest... but I just find it unlikely that he would have grabbed a pen and a piece of paper and WRITTEN down his picks for the week that no one else would ever see.  Like Cmon, you missed posting it, take the zero.

Two weeks ago I did the same thing... Sure, in my head I had other teams in mind that I maybe wanted to use, but I missed posting until Monday night so I took the 0 by taking seattle o/atlanta d (which was an automatic 0).  If we're going to go by that, I'll go back and change my picks for that week. 

I like Arodin's stance on it that if the pick was in your head then the standings can be in your head and that he'll track what is posted/time stamped in here.

I get that it's honour system, and am not trying to drum up a debate in a fun friendly contest... but I just find it unlikely that he would have grabbed a pen and a piece of paper and WRITTEN down his picks for the week that no one else would ever see.  Like Cmon, you missed posting it, take the zero.

Two weeks ago I did the same thing... Sure, in my head I had other teams in mind that I maybe wanted to use, but I missed posting until Monday night so I took the 0 by taking seattle o/atlanta d (which was an automatic 0).  If we're going to go by that, I'll go back and change my picks for that week. 

I like Arodin's stance on it that if the pick was in your head then the standings can be in your head and that he'll track what is posted/time stamped in here.

What I do is use an excel spreadsheet to keep track of which teams I have used, and often jot down my picks on Tuesday evening because that is when the NFL had updated its standings/statistics.  I jot my picks down at that time because I don't want to have to go over the stats again on Thursday/Friday when the next week's thread gets started.

okay i missed the whole convo.  I would say it has to be in the thread to count.  They can mentally give themselves points in their head but not the thread ;)

-QG

53+(19-10) =+62

Used:

O: MIN, OAK, MIA, KC, TB, WSH, ATL, PHIL, HOU, PIT, NO, RAMIT, Chargers

D: BUF, SEA, RAMIT, JAX, JETS, DEN, MIN, BAL, OAK, CAR, HOU, PIT, Charges 

Week 14:

Offense:   Detroit I guess?

Defense:  Um Green Bay?

-QG

15 + 0 (DNP) + (-7) +0 +9 +7 +6 +(-3) +5 +22 +30 +6 +2 = 92

Used: O: Denver, Oakland, Arizona, Indy, New England, LA Rams, New Orleans, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, Atlanta, LA Chargers
Used: D: LA Rams, Dallas, Seattle, Baltimore, Houston, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, New England, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Oakland

Week 14: 
O:  Kansas City

D:  Minnesota

-OZ- said:

Used

O: min, nep, car, tb, phi, hou, lar, cin, nos, pit, kc, atl, lac

D: buf, oak, lar, sea, cin, mia, ten, min, phi, det, hou, nep, jax

Week 14

O: nyj

D: tampa

:unsure:
With Stafford apparently playing now I'll need to change my defense.

O: jets

D: Packers

Does anyone else think this week is just ugly? Maybe it's just that I've already used the good teams. 

Changing Pick.

+90 heading into week 14

O USED:  ATL, NEP, OAK, KC, GB, HOU, PHI, CIN, NO, PIT, SEA, LAR, LAC
D USED:   BUF, SEA, BAL, KC, NYJ, DEN, MIN, CIN, JAX, CHI, ATL, PIT, LAC

WEEK 14:
OFFENSE:   DETROIT
DEFENSE:   INDY

Well, we can close this brutal week out early...nobody picked SNF or MNF teams.  Three weeks to go!

As far as the controversy, Quiz says we don't count mental picks, but in the spirit of peacemaking I decided to channel my inner Ford Frick and try to have it both ways:

Deamon:  101
Neil Beaufort Zod:  87
cdwood:  77*
-OZ-:  76
QuizGuy66:  65
Arodin:  42
Bankerguy:  25
Utter Chaos:  17
Cowboysfan8:  11
Genester:  10
bro1ncos:  9
Saint:  9