What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Shazier injury (1 Viewer)

ThanosX

Footballguy
With Shazier facing a potentially serious injury, Tyler Matakevich came in and racked up 4 solos and 3 assists in about two quarters of play, but then he left with a shoulder injury.  If Matakevich's injury is minor and Shazier's is serious, which it definitely looks to be though I hope it's not, Matakevich might make a nice cheap add for the stretch run.

I was just trying to figure out how injured Matakevich is. The news sounds positive that Shazier is going to be okay. 

Appears to be a spinal contusion and he could miss only a game or two if things keep progressing as they have been.  Very scary for sure but looks to be a decent outcome and outlook moving forward.

Rough night for me where I had both Shazier and Burfict on my team. Let's hope Shazier makes a full recovery both physically and mentally. I worry a bit how such a scary injury may effect how they mentally play as well, will they be able to return with the same reckless aggression they may have exhibited in the past?

Warhogs said:
Rough night for me where I had both Shazier and Burfict on my team. Let's hope Shazier makes a full recovery both physically and mentally. I worry a bit how such a scary injury may effect how they mentally play as well, will they be able to return with the same reckless aggression they may have exhibited in the past?
I am also a Shazier owner and I have the exact same concern.  My season this year hasn't gone well and our salaries can escalate on performance so it doesn't hurt me that Shazier will miss a few games to minimize his salary escalation however I will have some major concerns on whether or not he can come back mentally if he is cleared physically.  Definitely something to keep an eye on moving forward if/when he is cleared physically.

So I saw they basically IR’d Shazier for this season. They must be telling him he can play again and this injury won’t have a lifelong effect. Otherwise he’s a fool for not retiring, dudes rich has a hot wife and I’m sure since he’s was injured on the field he’s gonna get paid still. I don’t see the point trying to play again if there’s any risk at all. I doubt anyone would question his toughness and bravery, enjoy your life and family. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The Claymaker said:
So I saw they basically IR’d Shazier for this season. They must be telling him he can play again and this injury won’t have a lifelong effect. Otherwise he’s a fool for not retiring, dudes rich has a hot wife and I’m sure since he’s was injured on the field he’s gonna get paid still. I don’t see the point trying to play again if there’s any risk at all. I doubt anyone would question his toughness and bravery, enjoy your life and family. 
If he retires he doesn’t get paid. This happened to Prince Fielder in MLB.

^ exactly. Retirement effectively ends his contract. Work on rehab while under contract and it's fine on both sides. 

Users who are viewing this thread