What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Brees and either Engram or Kelce for Luck and Henry (1 Viewer)

BearsFan4Life

Footballguy
14 Team Dynasty .. No PPR ... Standard Scoring ... Start 1qb, 1rb, 1wr, 1te, 2flex (rb,wr,te), 1k, 1d

I am 2-7 due to bad luck and playing the wrong teams at the wrong time.  As I am looking ahead to next year,  I feel I am lacking a true stud wr, but was offered this deal:  

Give: Brees, EEngram or Kelce

Get: Luck and Henry

UPDATED OFFER ABOVE

Other own doesn't have a QB this week, and has no quality TE and is only 1 game out of playoffs.

I kind of feel this is a no brainer, hate losing Engram, but do have Kelce.  I still feel I need a stud WR, but have 2 #1 plus a ton at RB to move for one. Will Luck be healthy is another key, but guess willing to roll the dice seeing Brees isn't any younger.

If I accept trade roster: starters for next year (hopefully) in bold

Luck, Trubisky

Bell, DJ, Freeman, Ajayi, Henry, Collins, Breida

KAllen, Thielen, Hogan, Doctson

Kelce

Tucker, Elliot

Denver, NO

Picks #11, #22

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are more then set at RB with Bell, DJ and Freeman.  I would try and get a WR instead of Henry.  Granted being a Dynasty Henry will be a stud.

As for Luck, he should be back next year.  If not, you can use Henry or Freeman as trade bait to possible upgrade.  and yes, Brees is only going to be play a few more years and Saints are trying to run more to prolong him as well.

I'd go ahead with the deal.

I would do it.  You will have more than enough ammunition to grab your #1 receiver during the offseason with your picks and RB's.  Your teams as a whole isn't suffering as you still have Kelce. 

The risk is with Andrew Luck, however Trubisky has shown promise, and this year's draft has some nice QB's to hedge Lucks' health.

Pull the trigger.

You are more then set at RB with Bell, DJ and Freeman.  I would try and get a WR instead of Henry.  Granted being a Dynasty Henry will be a stud.

As for Luck, he should be back next year.  If not, you can use Henry or Freeman as trade bait to possible upgrade.  and yes, Brees is only going to be play a few more years and Saints are trying to run more to prolong him as well.

I'd go ahead with the deal.
He has nothing at WR that would improve me lineup.  

UPDATE: NEW OFFER IS...

Give: Brees and Engram or Kelce 

Get: Luck and Henry

Would you do it and if so, what TE would you give?

I'd give Engram and make the deal.  Luck is a question mark, but Brees can't go on forever.  You should be able to trade an RB or two for areas that need improvement before the start of next season.

Thanks for your help...

I would deal Engram for the youth upgrade at QB.  Luck should be able to play for several years (I hate predicting long-term injuries), and he's a great upgrade to the aging Brees.  I agree that WR is usually easier to fill, so you can target that position in the draft/ww/trade.

Good luck!

Take the trade but send Engram. Next year, the Giants will have their star WR and others back so it may reel away from Engram a little. Kelce is not worth trading away. Luck should be in full effect since it looks like he'll take the season off. So that should be an upgrade, especially since the Saints are utilizing their RBs more now (especially Kamara as of late).

And like stated above, take Henry & package him to get that stuff WR.

Bell, DJ and Freeman (and who knows maybe Ajayi will pull it back together with the Eagles now) makes you beyond set at the RB position.

Yea, I'd take it and probably deal Engram as well although I think the difference between Kelce and Engram next year will be negligible since both should have virgin qb's at the helm next year.

I would do the trade. Take Luck/Henry. Brees is great and probably will be again next year but the year after? Luck should have 10 or so years left at least 5 you would assume as a top 5 or top 10 QB. You can get by without one of Engram or Kelce. Its entirely up to you who you trade as I think long term both are going to be elite.

I agree with getting a young stud qb but luck's injury history scares me a bit

Anyway you can trade with someone else?

I agree with getting a young stud qb but luck's injury history scares me a bit

Anyway you can trade with someone else?
Unfortunately No.  No one wants Brees .... This team is making a playoff push and did not have qb this week due to Smith and Carr on a bye.

I did make deal of Brees, Engram and very late 2nd round pick for Luck, Henry, and Alex Smith .

I am gambling on Luck's health, but even if not I have enough Rb now between Bell, DJ, Feeman, Ajayi, Henry, Collins to get one.

Next year, if all are healthy, a lineup of Luck, Bell, DJ, Freeman, KAllen, Kelce will be a force.  My plan is to see if I can acquire a better wr than Allen.  Can get Julio probably, but not sure the cost of KAllen and a 1st Round Pick is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread