What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What to do with Goff? (1 Viewer)

Ridcully

Footballguy
So, I picked up Jared Goff to cover Brady's bye week this past week, and was then planning to cut him for RB depth/stashes after week 9.  And then he went and threw for 4 TDs and was the best fantasy QB this past week with a great matchup coming up next, which makes it very hard to cut him.  Problem is, I'm pretty weak at RB right now, and I see Alfred Morris and Rawls sitting out there as free agents...

I'd probably only ever start Goff again this week and maybe one more time over Brady, but could just as easily roll Brady out every week.  Is it worth holding Goff to keep him off other teams(and for a couple of favorable matchups) at the expense of my RBs?

**Also worth noting that we are passed our trade deadline, so that's not an option.

I'd look to trade him first if you can.  Try and reach out to any owner that was starting Jameis, or maybe someone lost Watson and has been streaming...

If you can't trade him then I wouldn't have an issue dropping him.  He's going to have some good games as the Rams offense continues to round into form, but he's not all of a sudden a top 10 QB after one good game.   To me he's similar to Dalton right now.  Viable a handful of times a year, but not somebody that you should worry about having to roster if you need the space elsewhere

Last edited by a moderator:
If you will never use him, I would go ahead and drop for some RB depth.  Since you are in need of a RB, try to find someone with a good playoff schedule or someone who has a big upside should someone else go down (cough, Alf, cough).  I would stash Alf ahead of Thursday's court order on Zeke. You could alsways cut before games Sunday and get someone else.

I think it depends on the league size.  I have Cousins and Goff in a 12-team league.  I drafted Cousins, and Goff was a mid-season pick-up.  I'm inclined to hold as if anything happens to Cousins, the current QB FAs are...not very pretty.

So I guess it depends on how competitive your team is and how big your league is.  For me, I generally try to start handcuffing some of the spots that are more irreplaceable as we near the finish.

Users who are viewing this thread