What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lost Watson ... Trade Talk (1 Viewer)

elmo0823

Footballguy
Trade Miller & Brate for Smith, A Jones, & Kroft (just need him this week I have Gronk) or should I try and push for Wentz instead of Smith

Full point PPR League

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Was Watson your only QB?  Who are your other RBs besides Miller?  What does the other owner have at TE?  

In a vacuum, I don't think Miller + Brate is enough to get Smith, Jones, and Kroft.  Miller took a big hit to his value with Watson going down, now teams can go back to stacking the box on him and making Savage prove it through the air. Jones' arrow is pointing up, and he looks like he's beginning to emerge as a solid RB2.  If the other owner only has Kroft at TE, I don't think Brate is a big enough upgrade for him to want to do that deal.  

With that said, it never hurts to try on the chance that the other owner accepts for whatever reason.  I would rather have Wentz over Smith ROS, but I don't see that happening...

If the other owner will actually accept a trade of Brate and Miller for Smith, A. Jones, and Kroft you should make that deal immediately.  

You downgrade a bit at TE, probably break even at RB (if Jones keeps the starting job) and you gain a QB.  

The other team upgrades a bit at TE, probably breaks even at RB, and loses a QB. 

I don't see why he would take that deal but if he does send me your league info for next year, I want to play in a league with guys like that!

If the other owner will actually accept a trade of Brate and Miller for Smith, A. Jones, and Kroft you should make that deal immediately.  

You downgrade a bit at TE, probably break even at RB (if Jones keeps the starting job) and you gain a QB.  

The other team upgrades a bit at TE, probably breaks even at RB, and loses a QB. 

I don't see why he would take that deal but if he does send me your league info for next year, I want to play in a league with guys like that!

I'd offer it.they may want more, but start here and open dialogue.
Here are the answers you asked for...

I did not have another QB. I had Luck then had to drop him on Watson's Bye and played Ryan who is sucking so bad. Then I dropped him because Watson did so well.

I have Gronk as my other TE so I was never playing him unless Gronk bye (this week) or the week he was out. He was playing the streaming TE and wanted more consistency. 

He has Wentz and Smith with both being on a bye this week. We have a rule of only 2 QB's on each team so he would have had to drop one next week.

My team was: QB - Watson, RB - Ingram, Kamara, Miller, McFadden, WR - Brown, Sanders, Landry, Lockett, Davis, TE - Gronk, Brate, Stream DEF, K - Succop.

The trade has gone through by the way. I got Smith, A Jones, & Kroft for this week and possibly insurance on Gronk. He got Miller & Brate.

Thanks everyone

Users who are viewing this thread