What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2 Big Trade Offers ...Take One, Both or None??? (1 Viewer)

BearsFan4Life

Footballguy
14 Team Dynasty .. Standard Scoring .. NO PPR ...Start 1 qb, 1rb, 1wr, 1te, 2flex, 1k, 1d (so can start 3 rb)

Currently sitting at 2-5 with most points scored against me.  Have a good roster, but bad luck.  I am currently sitting 10th, 2 games out of a playoff spot with 6 games to go (4 of which are teams above me)  I have been offered two deals from two teams in playoff spots.

My roster:

Brees, TTaylor

Bell, Ajayi, CThompson, Rawls, Charles, ACollins, Breida

AJGreen, Dez, KAllen, THill, Thielen

Kelce, EEngram, Eifert

Elliot

Denver

Trade #1

Give: AJ Green and CThompson

Get. DJ and Golladay

I have the WR depth to lose AJ, would allow me to start Bell, DJ, and Ajayi at RB with Dez, Allen, or Hill at WR. Downside is no DJ for couple week if at all and pretty much residing to throwing out rest of this year.

Trade #2

Give: Dez, THill, TTaylor

Get: Freeman and 2018 1st

Basically swapping Freeman for Dez in starting lineup so start Bell, Freeman, Ajayi, Green, Kelce - lose WR depth but have Green, Allen, Thielen. Pick is currently #11, but this team is not the strongest and could slide. His team after deal would be Watson DMurray, Hopkins, Dez, THill, Kittle or Hooper ( I know ...he's 5-2 and I am 2-5 ..that's fantasy for you.)

Lineup now: Brees, Bell, Ajayi, Green, Dez, Kelce

Lineup only doing trade #1: Brees, Bell, Ajayi, DJ (Allen until DJ back), Dez, Kelce

Lineup only doing trade #2: Brees, Bell, Freeman, Ajayi, Green, Kelce

Lineup doing both: Brees, Bell, DJ (Ajayi unitl DJ back), Freeman, Allen, Kelce --when DJ back I would deal Ajayi for WR

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPP!!!!!

I like #2 better.  Trade 1 is great if DJ is back 100% - but that's a big if.  Plus AP in the mix.   2018 first round is nice and you have depth.  

I don't like giving up AJ in a dynasty league. So I am a "no" on Trade 1.  As for trade 2, I don't think it improves your team short term and as you note, the 11th pick next year isn't worth much.  I'd find your lucky charm, work the waiver wire and sit tight.  Your bad luck is sure to change.

I don't like giving up AJ in a dynasty league. So I am a "no" on Trade 1.  As for trade 2, I don't think it improves your team short term and as you note, the 11th pick next year isn't worth much.  I'd find your lucky charm, work the waiver wire and sit tight.  Your bad luck is sure to change.
There is nothing on waivers with 14 team 20 man rosters ... having 3 rb with Bell Freeman and Ajayi would be luxury ... wr are much easier to come by than rb in this league

If you are throwing in the towel for 2017, then trade 1 is pretty nice. But if you're trying to stay in it for this season, then trade 2 is the better option for you.

If you're done with the season, go with trade #2. Helps you slightly prepare for next year (since #11 may not be as helpful) and you get Freeman who clearly is more favored than Coleman this year.
As for trade #1, you're losing two good players for one. Golladay is essentially useless this year. Thompson clearly is the lead RB since Kelley either is injured or not a factor, and is gettign you points regardless. Losing AJ would definitely be a hit on your team, even when you carry Dez/Hill.

In my opinion, if you could counter the Trade #1 to get a better receiver, then go for it. Then you wouldn't have indulge into a heavy trade involving Ajayi (in all my leagues, people have been iffy with Ajayi trades - PPR and non-PPR). DJ is great too, but you'd have to wait between Thanksgiving till Christmas for his return - and if AP does well filling it, they may push DJ back so they aren't rushing him. It's all IF's, but you gotta take all that into account. Trade #1 (revamped) sets you better off at RB and good at WR, Trade #2 (as-is) sets you back on WR but good at RB.

If you're done with the season, go with trade #2. Helps you slightly prepare for next year (since #11 may not be as helpful) and you get Freeman who clearly is more favored than Coleman this year.
As for trade #1, you're losing two good players for one. Golladay is essentially useless this year. Thompson clearly is the lead RB since Kelley either is injured or not a factor, and is gettign you points regardless. Losing AJ would definitely be a hit on your team, even when you carry Dez/Hill.

In my opinion, if you could counter the Trade #1 to get a better receiver, then go for it. Then you wouldn't have indulge into a heavy trade involving Ajayi (in all my leagues, people have been iffy with Ajayi trades - PPR and non-PPR). DJ is great too, but you'd have to wait between Thanksgiving till Christmas for his return - and if AP does well filling it, they may push DJ back so they aren't rushing him. It's all IF's, but you gotta take all that into account. Trade #1 (revamped) sets you better off at RB and good at WR, Trade #2 (as-is) sets you back on WR but good at RB.
Thanks for the help... Trade 2 basically swaps Freeman for Dez in my starting lineup..which I like that upgrade. Sure I lose Hill as backup but still.have Allen. Backup qb I should find easily.

Probably accept trade 2, pass on 1... and see how next couple weeks go and if I am out look at adding DJ for next year.

Users who are viewing this thread