What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop Luck? (1 Viewer)

Charybdis

Footballguy
OK, I have Russell Wilson as my starting QB, and Luck as my backup (been holding him all season). Thinking of dropping Luck for Andy Dalton (after that best available are nothing to get excited about (Siemian, Manning, Brissett, McCown, etc).

Here's what I'm thinking... It probably / hopefully won't be an issue as I have a stud QB to start the rest of the way who's already had his bye. Leaning towards keeping Luck as if it pans out that he actually plays would probably be far better than Dalton. Kind of a lottery ticket that I may have the luxury of affording given that I'm set at QB with Wilson.

The downside is that someone else will probably pick up Dalton (probably the Palmer owner?), and if I do get into a situation where I need to use a backup QB, Dalton would probably be better than the scrapheap of other available QB that would be out there.

I don't think anyone is actually going to be racing to the wire to pick up Dalton but I understand being prepared in the event of an injury or "insurance". McCown has actually been very good so he's another option as well.

I figure I can stream as well if I get in a pinch. Was also considering stashing Greg Olson, but I'm already rostering 2 TE (Reed and Brate). Maybe I can deal one of them. Hmmm....

Yeah, considering the dearth at the TE position, stashing Olsen wouldn't be the worst idea. I would try and sell high after Reed's performance yesterday. He's bound to get hurt again.

I'd rather hang onto Luck, and hope that he does return and has a good showing so then maybe he becomes trade bait for you.  No sense in giving the Rodgers/Palmer owner another lotto ticket by dropping him.  Luck's ceiling is higher than anyone currently on waivers, so keep him just for that.  

As for Olsen, I'd try and move Reed as fast as I possibly could (maybe the Walker or Rudolph owner is feeling some panic) to free a spot, ride with Brate for a while and stash Olsen.  Reed is a ticking time bomb.  Better to pass him along so it's not you who loses anything when he goes boom. 

Just hold onto Luck. Unless you need to offload for a reason, it's best to hold and see what happens. Wilson is a worthy starter who doesn't require a backup. 

Would also stay put.   Wilson usually gets hot in the 2nd half and Luck would be a great second option.   Just cross your fingers Wilson does not get injured.

Users who are viewing this thread