What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PROSPECTING: Get Darkwa or Ivory, Drop Powell? (1 Viewer)

kroc0005

Footballguy
.5 PPR, 12 team, 15 man roster,  Start: 1 qb,  2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 flex (rb/wr/te)

my team  (bye week)

RBs Gurley (8), Doug Martin (1), A. Abdullah (7), Bilal Powell (11), Rex Burkhead (9)

WRsWRs Julio (5), Demaryius Thomas (5), Fitzgerald (8), Robbie Anderson (11), Corey Davis (8)

(Rex, Robbie and Corey I'm keeping as prospective keepers for next year and don't intend to give up on them just yet)

Question:  I'm pretty happy with how my team has avoided the injury bug, but im thinking Bilal Powell's upside is not great. I'm thinking of doing some "prospecting" with Orleans Darkwa (8) or Chris Ivory (8)I listed byes since in this prospecting scenario my week 8 will be a hodgepodge for starters. I feel really fortunate to be in this position for a 12 man league right now. Guys like Breida are not available for pickup.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Drop Bilal? Keep him? Do you like flyers on these other two guys?

thank you!

Any way you can trade Powell instead of dropping? 

Ivory is probably a 1 week start, and I kind of like Darkwa, but I still think Powell could have value if healthy. Close on this one; think I’d stay with Powell but I like RBs who catch.

I see Darkwa and Powell both being pretty equal, both in a solid timeshare. Ivory's value is really dependent on Fournettes health. You might as well just stand Pat.

I wouldn't even consider Ivory.  His only value is if Fournette is hurt (although that means he's probably a good play this week, if you are looking for a one week fill in).  

I would, actually, prospect for Darkwa.  The Giants are going to be a run first offense without three of their WRs.  He's averaging over 5 yards a carry.  He just gashed the #1 rush defense in the league.  Three of his upcoming match ups are with rush defenses in the bottom third of the league.  

The Jets don't know what they are doing and aren't using Powell like they should.  Forte is healthy and they are working Elijah in as well.  You, most likely, will be starting Gurley and Martin so I think Darkwa is a high upside gamble.  

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/761899-week-7-sanu-or-ginn-jr/

Darkwa is worth taking a flyer. Powell is in a 3 man battle but he is the best of the 3 but they don’t want to feature him. Darkwa seems to have a hold on the number one spot for possible the ROS

Well, with the early Twitter "speculative" news on fournette so I pulled the trigger on ivory. now just heard news fournettes is officially out.

So I have Gurley, Doug Martin, ivory

Fitz,  Julio, demaryius...

Starting 2 RB, 2 Wr, and flex..

I'm thinking Gurley, ivory / fitz, Julio, demaryius

Thoughts?

Now that you've picked up Ivory, that's the right lineup for this week. I don't think you really need much more depth for your flex, because you're going to go with three WRs most weeks...and I think DMartin is going to pick up steam as the season progresses. I'd still keep an eye on Darkwa, as I think he has more upside than Powell anyway (even if Forte is out, it's a timeshare with Eli anyway). Good luck today.

Users who are viewing this thread