What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is this trade for Adam Theilen worth it? (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league. Start 2 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), K, and DEF. Will move to 3-3 (after 1-3 start) after tonight. Since Aaron Rodgers is out for the season, trying to assess what, if any, moves I need to make. 

QB: Kirk Cousins, Philip Rivers

RB: David Johnson, Jay Ajayi, Christian McCaffrey, Alvin Kamara, James White, Aaron Jones, Derrick Henry

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Davante Adams, Corey Davis

TE: Jimmy Graham

K: Matt Bryant

DEF: Jacksonville

Trying to figure out what to do at 3 WR spot. I think Davis has 2nd half blow up potential once he returns from hamstring injury. Do I try and solidify my RB stable?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, try and deal Jones to Monty's owner for a QB or WR depth. They are going to be in a RBBC with a high probability of stacked boxes. Not sure what QB's are available on waivers but you need to address Rivers bye week. You can now drop Cook and roll with Graham and use that Cooks spot to pick up one of the two things you need. 

With Rodgers out, I offered a team Davante Adams and James White for Adam Theilen. They countered with Adam Theilen and Orleans Darkwa for Davante Adams and Alvin Kamara. While I don't mind that trade, I don't really want Darkwa or anything to do with the Giants offense. I have a counter waiting to send. It would send Davante Adams and Alvin Kamara to their team for Jared Goff and Adam Theilen in return.

This gives me a 3rd QB and potential trade bait down the road since it's a 2 QB league. I know his value is assumingly a bit depressed with Rodgers out but Theilen is seeing an average of 9 targets a game this year and is 3rd in the NFL in yardage for WRs. I also have Rivers playing Denver this weekend and so I think his upside is limited.

Is this a trade you would pursue?

Their roster is
QB - Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, Jared Goff, Brett Hundley

WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Doug Baldwin, Adam Theilen, Danny Amendola

RB - Melvin Gordon, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Thompson, Alex Collins, Orleans Darkwa

TE - Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

K - Justin Tucker

DEF - Carolina

That seems like a huge overpayment for Thielen.  I think its a toss up between Thielen and Adams even with Hundley under center.  I don't think giving up Kamara in addition is worth doing.  I would hold tight. 

Thanks for answering my post.

I might be flawed in my opinion since I have barely played in 10-team league in the 25 yrs I've been doing this, mostly used to 12-team rosters starting 1 QB, but i think your roster is in good shape. I have faith Rivers will turn things around. I don't know about that high price for Thielen, especially with the QB situation so unsettled in MIN.

Users who are viewing this thread