What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade help--Mixon for Montgomery & Cohen (1 Viewer)

nkaplan416

Footballguy
Current Roster:

QB: Wentz and Luck 

RBs: Melvin, Martin, Mixon, Smallwood, Gallman, Gore, Woodhead (IR spot)

WRs: Cooks, Baldwin, Demaryius, Corey Davis, Roger Lewis

TE: Ertz

1 pt ppr, 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 FLEX(RB/WR/TE)

I think I should probably pull the trigger on this trade despite a bad week from Cohen and Montgomery's ribs, but I'm on the fence for some reason.  I've been looking to trade Mixon and sell his potential to get a higher caliber player alongside some1 else on my team, but this is the best offer I've got.  My only concern is Montgomery's potential might take a hit when he gets back due to Aaron Jones explosion on the scene and he still carries re-injury risk with the ribs.  It's a keeper league (1 player), based on auction price, but Melvin is my surefire keeper at a $23 price.  

Any thoughts on the trade would be appreciated.  Happy to offer advice on others just post thread and I'll have a look.

I would not make this trade. Just give Mixon some time. He is very talented. He is the lead back whereas Monty will be in a timeshare now and same with Cohen more so than Mixon. I would hold.

Since you apparently have no intention of hanging onto Mixon as your keeper I would do it. 
Yeah I'm shopping mixon as a keeper for others that need one...he'd be a $20 keeper in a $200 auction league, but I have Melvin at $23.  Can't keep em both, if i had Mixon at like $5-10 it'd be different story, my league just overpays like crazy for stars and rookies.  Top RBs/WRs going for $40-70 every year.  

Ive been patient with Mixon this far, but since having lead back role he hasn't exploded, I know hes played some good D's but if he doesn't shine soon, I feel like Bernard and Hill could come back into the mix more.  

Yeah I'm shopping mixon as a keeper for others that need one...he'd be a $20 keeper in a $200 auction league, but I have Melvin at $23.  Can't keep em both, if i had Mixon at like $5-10 it'd be different story, my league just overpays like crazy for stars and rookies.  Top RBs/WRs going for $40-70 every year.  

Ive been patient with Mixon this far, but since having lead back role he hasn't exploded, I know hes played some good D's but if he doesn't shine soon, I feel like Bernard and Hill could come back into the mix more.  
I rather keep Mixon at $20 than Melvin at $23. Mixon has so much more talent. Still, if you aren't going to keep him and you can deal for Monty I'd trade him.

Users who are viewing this thread