What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Defense Question - Will try to answer yours. (1 Viewer)

Charybdis

Footballguy
I picked up the Jaguars this week. Someone (I don't know why) dropped the Broncos.

Trying to decide weather to pick them up and drop the Jaguars.

Pros for the jaguars: They have been on fire so far this year and are outpacing the #2 defense in our league by a full 5 fantasy points per game. That's a real difference maker. Tied for second in points per game allowed (16.6), Dominating the league in turnovers and Defensive TDs (regression coming?)

Pros for the Broncos: They came into the season as the #1 D, they have more or a track record. 18.5 points per game allowed, Allowing only 261 yards per game. Oh, and the Broncos have already had their bye.

Defense is a position that's really hard to predict obviously. 

Oh and also somehow the Chiefs and Bills are out there on our wire too, but I think the real decision is between the Jags and the Broncos. 

Thoughts? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Faced this same question and went with the Jaguars.  At some point, the Jaguars leading the league in every fantasy category has to come into play.  Given how LAR looked against Seattle last week (moved the ball, but there were some struggles), and given that it's a road contest, I would be comfortable with JAX, based on the logic that you can probably roll with them for a long while.

Denver may possibly be the better play for this week, but if you don't have JAX rostered, that may be your only chance to get them.

I'd go with the Broncos this week. Giants will most likely be reeling after the OBJ news. That's where I'd go this week. ROS it would be Jacksonville. 

After 2 weeks when week 8 their bye comes what would you do with Jacksonville drop them for someone else?

If the answer is yes then I'd take the Broncos

Yeah, I would absolutely not drop Jax D right now. Denver's D looks to be regressing a little and they have a much tougher schedule. Could you pick up Denver D without dropping Jax D? I know not everyone likes to keep 2 D's but in this case it might be worth it. However, seeing as how there's another 2 quality D's available maybe you should just stick with Jax. They're a good play no matter who they're against right now.

If I keep JAX, I'll roster 2 D's week 8. After this week all of my roster will have had their byes except for Fournette (also week 8) but I have Ingram to fill in for him that week.

Users who are viewing this thread