What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cam or DeShaun / Funchess or Fuller in Wk 6? (1 Viewer)

BigBlue_RI

Footballguy
Simply put--both QB's are tearing it up the last 2 weeks. This week, pretty favorable matchups for both on paper. Right now leaning to go Watson vs CLE, and even stacking Will Fuller in my lineup. Meanwhile, Cam and Funchess is on TNF vs PHI -- but those Thursday games can be UGH! Considering splitting my chances with Watson / Funchess. Non-PPR. What you say?

10/12 Edit: I think I'm comfortable going Watson and Funchess, pushing Fuller to Flex consideration. Would you start him over Ameer Abdullah who faces the Saints on the road?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll go with DeShaun but Funchess at WR.

It's close at QB because both Phi and Cle are bottom barrel pass defenses. But Cam doesn't play as well on non-Sunday games.

You could stack Fuller with DeShaun Watson but I have a feeling Fuller won't score 2 TD's yet again. And since he's not a high volume guy...perhaps I have no statistical basis of why he can't score another long TD again, but then again if he's not a high target guy, then I guess that's stats. Still, it's Cleveland's defense so it's tempting to just say plug him back in. However, Funchess has a great matchup too against Philly. I'd lean toward Funchess but understand if you stack Watson and Fuller. Here's Footballguys' take on Funchess' matchup against Philly:

"The Eagles defense overall has not played well against the pass, allowing the fourth most passing yards per game. Wide receivers facing the Eagles have scored the third most fantasy points per game, as this is the only secondary in football to allow over 1000 passing yards to wide receivers through Week 5. 

Jalen Mills, in particular, has been playing very poorly this season, and he looks to be matched up against Devin Funchess this week. "

Yeah I think I'm settling on Watson and Funchess. That Cleveland matchup for Watson is too enticing to not start him.

a thought--I can flex Fuller. Is he a better option than Abdullah who gets the Saints in the Superdome?

I agree with Funchess and think Fuller over Abdullah may be a good play, but I'm sitting Abdullah this week so he will probably get 30.  I think Watson is probably the right call too.

I'd go Watson and Funchess. Fuller over Abdullah, if only because I think the Saints will be up in this one and the Lions will be chasing points.

Users who are viewing this thread