What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Palmer, Newton or Roethlisberger - WHIR (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
Currently rostering 3 QB's (partly to block my opponent, whose only QB was Derek Carr until he picked up Hoyer on Waivers).  So I need to start one this Sunday and also cut one Sunday morning so I can pick up a TE to cover my Charles Clay Bye next week.  Scoring is 6 Points per passing or rushing TD.  1 point per 25 yards passing.  -2 for interceptions, -0.5 for sacks.

So who do I start this week?  Most rankings have them pretty clumped together

Carson Palmer (avg 17.0 ppg) at Philadelphia - their secondary is very weak, but their pass rush is very tough, and the Cardinals O-line is weak.  Add in travel to East Coast for the Cards.

Cam Newton (avg 18.0 ppg) at Detroit - Lions D have been tough, we've only seen one good game from Cam this year, plus the distractions from his comment to the reporter

Ben Roethlisberger (avg 16.0 ppg) home vs. Jacksonville - has looked kind of OK, but with Jaguars having great Pass D and awful Run D, will Ben throw 10 passes this week?

A lot may depend on inactives tomorrow - lots of Questionable players for both Offense and Defense.  If a couple of the Eagles defenders don't go I'd probably lean to Palmer.

Next week

Arizona is Home vs. Tampa Bay

Carolina is Home vs. Philadelphia

Pittsburgh is @ Kansas City

Leave a link - Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd avoid Cam Detroit has been tough on some good QB's

Arizona can't run so they will be passing a lot and more than most teams Arizona struggles with the travel east.

You're right Pitt has shown a willingness to pound the ball and may not throw ten passes.

Do you have a three sided coin?

As painful of a guess as it is, I'd probably go with Palmer and cut Ben based on KC next week..

Good Luck

Scoring? If it's 4pt passing TD's I might lean towards Cam for his rushing potentially leading to 6pt TDs.

Ben has the best weapons, and is probably the safest option ROS

Scoring is 6 Points per passing or rushing TD.  1 point per 25 yards passing.  -2 for interceptions, -0.5 for sacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for mine, i would have to say start palmer as well. philly and that weak secondary is very enticing.

WHY does blocking never work out for me?  My opponent had little on the WW and settled on Brian Hoyer.  He put up 26 points vs my 15 for Palmer, leaving 31 on my bench with Cam.

At least cutting Roethlisberger this week was the right move.

WHY does blocking never work out for me?  My opponent had little on the WW and settled on Brian Hoyer.  He put up 26 points vs my 15 for Palmer, leaving 31 on my bench with Cam.

At least cutting Roethlisberger this week was the right move.
Bad Karma?

Users who are viewing this thread