What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which free agent would you choose? (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league

QB - Cousins, Siemian, Rivers, Kizer

RB - David Johnson, Ajayi, Kamara, James White, Derrick Henry

WR - Michael Thomas, Stefon Diggs, DeAndre Hopkins

TE - Jimmy Graham

K - Jake Elliott

DEF - Philadelphia

I have one spot available on my roster to add a free agent to my team. As of yesterday, I had Golden Tate and Tarik Cohen on my roster but traded them both away to a RB-stricken team for DeAndre Hopkins.

Will probably plan to sit tight with trades for now. Cousins, Siemian, Kamara are all on bye this week, so I could trade any from that group for help at RB or QB but will see what carnage Week 5 leaves. Right now, the following options are available on waivers. Who would you go after at least for Week 5?

RB: Isaiah Crowell, Jerick McKinnon, Eddie Lacy, C.J. Prosise, Theo Riddick

WR: Marquise Lee, Sterling Sheperd, Tyrell Williams, Devin Funchess, John Brown, Corey Davis (stash)

TE: Hunter Henry, Jack Doyle, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

Thanks! Will respond to your question in return

That's a hell of a trade you got there. What are the starting positions in your league? Quote this so I get a notification when you reply.

That's a hell of a trade you got there. What are the starting positions in your league? Quote this so I get a notification when you reply.
Yeah, I'm surprised he accepted it but his team is really hurting and Julio Jones is on bye. His other RBs were Frank Gore, Buck Allen, etc. and was sort of the price he paid for going QB and WR heavy in our draft (and drafting Andrew Luck).

We start 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), K, and DEF and 6 bench spots.

I might consider Crowell. Shepard, or take a flyer on Williams/Funchess.  I'm not sure that was such a great trade but Hopkins is a starter for sure. I wouldn't go too crazy, your team is pretty strong and if the stars align, DJ will be back. I'm in a similar position and root for Az to remain relevant so they don't shut him down for the year!

You're pretty thin at WR with only 3. I would consider Tyrell Williams (actually has another good matchup with the Chargers) or Devin Funchess (although we don't know if he will be used like he was in Week 4 moving forward or if it was just a product of the NE pass defense). 

If Crowell is ever going to go off, this would be the week (against the Jets). I have him in one league and if he doesn't do something this week, I'm dropping him. I don't like the MIN situation. Riddick has been a non-factor because the Lions are running the ball more since Abdullah is doing well. Prosise could be back soon and would return to his pass catching role in that offense. I'm higher on most about Lacy's outlook moving forward. Most think it's Rawls that's going to be the early down guy. He could be worth a stash in case he doesn't do so hot. 

I actually like all of those TEs you listed, too. Graham hasn't done much. Seferian-Jenkins is getting quite a bit of looks now that he's off suspension, and he's got a great matchup this week. There are few teams that have given up as many points to TEs as the Giants have, and that's who Hunter Henry is playing. Doyle is dealing with a concussion and unlikely to play this week. His production is going to be hampered until Luck returns. 

I would consider picking up Seferian-Jenkins or Henry and starting them this week. I don't know if I would be keeping 4 QBs on your roster at this point and Kizer would be the odd man out. You're thin at WR and TE, and carrying an injured David Johnson, so you don't really have much of a luxury with your bench spots.

I might consider Crowell. Shepard, or take a flyer on Williams/Funchess.  I'm not sure that was such a great trade but Hopkins is a starter for sure. I wouldn't go too crazy, your team is pretty strong and if the stars align, DJ will be back. I'm in a similar position and root for Az to remain relevant so they don't shut him down for the year!
Yeah, I'm thinking about Crowell since I'm mostly looking at my flex spot. The Hopkins trade should work out well in the sense that Hopkins leads the NFL in targets. What more could you ask for? The opportunity is there and that's all I was looking for. He's getting 30% of the target share in Houston. Detroit is a more ball control offense and they spread the ball around a lot. I got Kamara off of waivers and so him and Cohen are practically similar players and schemed in the same way. If DJ is back, I have Ajayi/DJ at RB and now 3 stud WRs with solid depth on the bench. Maybe you see the trade differently but I was looking for more "blow-up" potential than with Golden Tate who doesn't score many TDs.

You talked me into it.. agreed on the targets- and one sure starter is key. I just like Stafford as a QB, intrigued by Cohen. It's not a given that DJ comes back but let's hope.

You're pretty thin at WR with only 3. I would consider Tyrell Williams (actually has another good matchup with the Chargers) or Devin Funchess (although we don't know if he will be used like he was in Week 4 moving forward or if it was just a product of the NE pass defense). 

If Crowell is ever going to go off, this would be the week (against the Jets). I have him in one league and if he doesn't do something this week, I'm dropping him. I don't like the MIN situation. Riddick has been a non-factor because the Lions are running the ball more since Abdullah is doing well. Prosise could be back soon and would return to his pass catching role in that offense. I'm higher on most about Lacy's outlook moving forward. Most think it's Rawls that's going to be the early down guy. He could be worth a stash in case he doesn't do so hot. 

I actually like all of those TEs you listed, too. Graham hasn't done much. Seferian-Jenkins is getting quite a bit of looks now that he's off suspension, and he's got a great matchup this week. There are few teams that have given up as many points to TEs as the Giants have, and that's who Hunter Henry is playing. Doyle is dealing with a concussion and unlikely to play this week. His production is going to be hampered until Luck returns. 

I would consider picking up Seferian-Jenkins or Henry and starting them this week. I don't know if I would be keeping 4 QBs on your roster at this point and Kizer would be the odd man out. You're thin at WR and TE, and carrying an injured David Johnson, so you don't really have much of a luxury with your bench spots.
Yeah, I am thin at WR. Same position as before. I had Corey Davis on my roster but dropped him due to his injury and who knows when/if he returns. There are some solid WR options on waivers and I'm considering Shepard because of the amount of targets he's seeing. Tyrell Williams has been up and down although I think he's in a good spot this weekend depending on who Janoris Jenkins follows. I'm not sold on the Carolina offense just yet so we'll see. Those WRs were wide open last weekend vs. New England.

Crowell is intriguing as game script favors him and I worry that Rawls will get the first crack at starting on Sunday. I'm a Packers fan and loved Lacy with Green Bay but that Seattle line is worrisome. Graham is coming around with 140 yards over the last two weeks but something doesn't seem right just yet with that Seattle offense. Like they are just ad libbing through the game offensively.

Because it's a 2 QB league, QB depth is important through the bye weeks. I don't need Kizer after this weekend and I could consider selling Kirk Cousins as well but I would rather have him on my roster.

You're thin at WR because you only have 3, but I'd bet you have the best 3 in the league so I wouldn't worry about it.  I'd go for Crowell because you're thinner at RB than you think.  Johnson on IR, Henry still as handcuff only, so your RBs are Ajayi (underperforming), Kamara (timeshare), and White (timeshare).  I'd add some RB depth with Crow. 

Nice trade to get Hopkins by the way

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it's a 2 QB league, QB depth is important through the bye weeks. I don't need Kizer after this weekend and I could consider selling Kirk Cousins as well but I would rather have him on my roster.
I understand. My main league is a 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 2 K, 2 DEF, 1 IDP, with only 5 bench spots. We actually have a cap on QB position so each team can only carry a max of 3. QBs are very important in these types of leagues. But, you could be putting someone in your lineup at the expense of that 4th QB. If a QB went down and you had to start Kizer, would he be the reason you won or lost?

Yeah. Learning towards Crowell. I mean, he's the starter until otherwise. Henry is frustrating to own. I mean, you're basically banking on an injury to happen which is as random as it gets. Thought about trading him for LeGarrette Blount.

Users who are viewing this thread