What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

is it crazy to start Howard and Cohen? (1 Viewer)

Pick 2 for PPR

• Lamar Miller

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tarik Cohen

• Duke Johnson

• Total voters

Mozeta

Footballguy
I hate starting two RB's from the same team, especially going against a pretty good defense.  However, Cohen seems to be the teams best receiver so it's almost like starting a teams lead RB and WR.    He was a let down last week, but still made plays and the last two weeks has had big plays called back which would have netted him a lot more points than what he has.  

I also have Lamar Miller on my bench right now but I don't want to be chasing points.  Before last week he had been bad. 

Right now I'm trying to decide between two of these three to start in a PPR league:   Cohen, Lamar Miller, or Duke Johnson.  

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a dilemma. Are you saying you have Howard as a starter? I'd probably go Duke, catching a lot and looks better than Crowell. And I have to say.... Millohen. Fine with either guy, but Miller does get the touches. I see him getting a TD this week, at home. Cohen at home is good too, and they may feature him on MNF because of KC's D, rookie QB....... I expect he'll be more involved. It just stinks if you watch this kind of game and player and they're just not in there enough! It's maddening!

Yes, I have Jordan Howard and Cohen and I feel like I might be limiting my upside by playing two RB's from the same team, a team that is not that good.  I benched Howard the week he went off, I benched Miller last week when he exploded, and I have not started Duke Johnson yet and he has been getting 20 points each of the last two weeks.  Not that it has anything to do with this topic, but I also benched Diggs in week 3 when he blew up because no one thought Keenum could get him the ball after the week 2 performance.  I feel like I'm chasing points and have good players, I just don't get the points out of them on my bench.  Perhaps trying to trade Cohen is my best option at this point. 

Yes, I have Jordan Howard and Cohen and I feel like I might be limiting my upside by playing two RB's from the same team, a team that is not that good.  I benched Howard the week he went off, I benched Miller last week when he exploded, and I have not started Duke Johnson yet and he has been getting 20 points each of the last two weeks.  Not that it has anything to do with this topic, but I also benched Diggs in week 3 when he blew up because no one thought Keenum could get him the ball after the week 2 performance.  I feel like I'm chasing points and have good players, I just don't get the points out of them on my bench.  Perhaps trying to trade Cohen is my best option at this point. 
They don't know you have both backs.  If you think Cohen will outscore Miller/Duke then you should play Cohen.  I understand the psychological affect of playing two guys from the same team but if they are your two best options then you should play them.  Personally I am fairly worried about Cohen's snaps as they went down significantly last week with a healthy Cunningham taking many of them away.  I would like to see another game to see how the coaches utilize him to see if last game was a fluke.  Cohen is easily the Bears best offensive weapon but the coaches didn't use him last week. 

I think Miller is a for sure start and I am split between Duke and Cohen.  Same type player in a similar situation.  I might break the tie with Cohen being on Monday Night. 

I'm leaning against Cohen with Trubisky being in.  They are going to want to hand off over and over and over to Jordan Howard.  Plus now Benny Cunningham is back.  John Fox generally doesn't like rookies.  Having 2 in the backfield together will freak him out.

Of course if it's a blowout then they might turn to Cohen, if for no other reason than to try to appease the home crowd.  But I think Cohen is Plan B for them, and Howard is Plan A.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/761284-trade-ajayi-for-graham-smallwood-ppr/

I love starting 2 talented guys from the same team, you are almost guaranteed decent #'s from 1 of them. 

Right now I'm starting Freeman and Coleman each week. If I owned Hogan I would love starting Cooks/Hogan. 

You're more likely to miss on your start if you sit one of them in lieu of another guy.  

Users who are viewing this thread