What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Jones Green Bay. (1 Viewer)

That says nothing about there plans going forward. I know what happened last week. Has the coach or DC said anything since? Is he locked into this role going forward? Etc. 

7 seconds to reply. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a short week which likely means they didn't have a ton of time to put anything drastically new into the gameplans. Given his size and performance I do not envision a change in his role as the Nitro backer. Burnett will be playing more slot corner so I am starting Jones this week and hopefully riding the high. 

Coaches won't say anything cause they obviously want to play their cards close to the vest. 

No problemo, Here we go Steelers! Here we go!!!!
Hopefully they show up this week. Get the running game going... Don't play down to there opponent.. Very disappointing last week. Ravens aren't exactly the team you wanna play when looking to get back on track. Rivalry game.... 

It's a short week which likely means they didn't have a ton of time to put anything drastically new into the gameplans. Given his size and performance I do not envision a change in his role as the Nitro backer. Burnett will be playing more slot corner so I am starting Jones this week and hopefully riding the high. 

Coaches won't say anything cause they obviously want to play their cards close to the vest. 
I'd be careful.

This seems to imply that Packers' D will be pretty much status quo vs. last game...and by extension Jones' role.

Both Ryan and Brice are active tonight. Their absence was the main reason Jones got so much playing time.

Who knows exactly what Capers is thinking with a larger stable of players available.

https://gnb.247sports.com/Gallery/Green-Bay-Packers-Week-Four-Wednesday-injury-report-vs-Chicago-B-107980724/GallerySlides/700553

PhantomJB said:
I'd be careful.

This seems to imply that Packers' D will be pretty much status quo vs. last game...and by extension Jones' role.

Both Ryan and Brice are active tonight. Their absence was the main reason Jones got so much playing time.

Who knows exactly what Capers is thinking with a larger stable of players available.

https://gnb.247sports.com/Gallery/Green-Bay-Packers-Week-Four-Wednesday-injury-report-vs-Chicago-B-107980724/GallerySlides/700553
Definitely a concern... But! 

I'm gonna roll the dice with Jones and say the Packers will be unable to ignore his last game and will continue with him tonight. 

Thanks for the advice. ?

Definitely a concern... But! 

I'm gonna roll the dice with Jones and say the Packers will be unable to ignore his last game and will continue with him tonight. 

Thanks for the advice. ?
Totally cool. His talent is enormous.

I was merely trying to provide as many facts as possible as we all seek to understand an obviously very intriguing IDP debut.

Well the kid is hurt and headed to the lockers. That really sucks. That will be a zippo for me from his spot. 

Was unable to watch game.   Was he in the same role as in the week 3 Cincy game while he was in?  And was his activity - while in/available - pointing to him getting the majority of the snaps?    Thanks.

Rushmore said:
Was unable to watch game.   Was he in the same role as in the week 3 Cincy game while he was in?  And was his activity - while in/available - pointing to him getting the majority of the snaps?    Thanks.
He missed some snaps when he went out with a back injury (played 51 of 68 defensive snaps) but he was utilized some as that "nitro linebacker" later in the game.  He did not start the game in that role however.  

Here re is a great site and explaination of def utilization. 

Snap count and utilization

it was a garbage game that got out of reach very quickly for the bears. i don't know that there are really any takeaways from a game like that. he didn't deliver much but i suspect it's due to circumstances. GB won't be in walk overs every week.

Yeah but he played a bunch of snaps, and Burnett was mostly in the slot, and Morgan still racked 'em up while Jones was a near no-show.  Clinton-Dix went nuts too.  Jones was mostly at S, and they had Martinez and Ryan playing ILB until Martinez left.

Yeah but he played a bunch of snaps, and Burnett was mostly in the slot, and Morgan still racked 'em up while Jones was a near no-show.  Clinton-Dix went nuts too.  Jones was mostly at S, and they had Martinez and Ryan playing ILB until Martinez left.
I think this is a likely scenario when teams go to the 3 Safety alignment.  Like the Jets did last week when Mayes had nothing. 

They are going to be wildly inconsistent as a group.

Users who are viewing this thread