What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thielin and Maclin For Allen (1 Viewer)

Hartliner

Footballguy
It's a .5 PPR - I'm on the fence about trading Buck Allen for Maclin and Thielin. 

• Russell Wilson, Sea QB
  • Carlos Hyde, SF RB
  • Javorius Allen, Bal RB
  • Doug Baldwin, Sea WR
  • Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
  • Jack Doyle, Ind TE
  • Christian McCaffrey, Car RB
  • Buccaneers D/ST D/ST
  • Matt Prater, Det K
Bench

• Jonathan Stewart, Car RB
  • Bilal Powell, NYJ RB
  • Tyler Eifert, Cin TE  Q
  • Thomas Rawls, Sea RB
  • Joe Mixon, Cin RB
  • Jalen Richard, Oak RB
  • James Conner, Pit RB
IR

• Danny Woodhead*, Bal RB  IR

I'd stick with Buck Allen.  Those Raven receiving backs always seem to do well, and between him and Woodhead you should have that position covered.   I think Fitz and Baldwin will improve over what they've done so far.  I also think it would be easier to find a WR out there who can get you closer to what Maclin/Thielen will than it would be to get an RB putting up what Buck will.

This is one of those trades that looks good on paper but has enough issues to make me not like it for you. Maclin is going to have a good year I think, but he's only got 9 targets through 2 games. I think at some point Flacco starts to trust him more and feed him the ball more, but that's just speculation at this point. He's only been decent because he's caught a touchdown in consecutive games...that's not going to last forever. Thielin is legit...as long as Bradford is throwing him the ball and that's looking shaky right now. If you had just slightly better options at RB, I'd say make the gamble and do it because the risk is worth it and if it didn't work out you wouldn't be hurting. As it stands your depth isn't very good so if either of those WRs don't pan out, you're gonna be worse off than you are right now.

With that roster I definitely think you need to make some moves, but this would not be the one I would suggest.

Users who are viewing this thread