What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mega Trade-- D Johnson/ M Thomas (1 Viewer)

packer_junkie

Footballguy
I am in a 10 team .5 ppr  6 player keeper league (You can keep up to 6 guys for $5 more than they were bought for via Auction or free agency)

Start 2 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 TE, 1 flex (rb/wr/te), 1 K, 1 D

My team has led league in scoring the first two weeks:

My roster:

Cam/Rivers

Zeke/Hunt/Montgomery/Gillislie/Cohen/T west

Evans/TY Hilton/Diggs/Landry/ D Adams/ Hogan/ Kupp

E Engram

M Bryant

Texans D

I would be sending away: TY Hilton ($19) & Diggs ($9)

& getting: David Johnson ($65) & Michael Thomas ($35)

With a $210 draft budget-- both of my guys I'm giving have a shot to be pretty good keepers where DJ & probably MT may be too expensive. 

Do I pull the trigger? I'd like to have DJ for the playoffs but he might just be insurance with zeke/hunt/montgomery already in the fold.

TY has no value to me without luck & he may not have luck all year-- but he's pry a $30-$35 player next year w/ Luck. I love Diggs. would hate to give him up-- I'd rather give up Landry-- do you guys agree? 

Thanks for answering mine.

You have a strong team.

I always play for this year over playing for the future and I've never played Auction style, so I'm not the guy to ask if it's worth it on a salary cap level.

But strictly on a player level....  You don't need DJ.  You don't know if he will be back in 8 weeks or not at all this season.  You don't know whether he will be the same guy when he comes back if he does.  And you said yourself he's probably too expensive to consider for next year.

Michael Thomas in theory would be an upgrade at wide receiver, but it's not a huge upgrade.  Diggs has outscored Thomas so far this year and there's no reason he couldn't outscore Thomas all year.  And as you said, you love Diggs.

If you could get the deal for Landry, then feel free.  I don't think it would hurt your team.  Thomas > Hilton without Luck.  

Thanks for your help.

I'm also not an auction draft expert, but our league does allow keepers for a couple years.

I had DJ and he led me to a championship, so I get the love there.  However, he's been injured the last 2 seasons, and RBs wear down faster than any other skill position.  He's had a ton of touches and this could be a sign of things to come.  I hope I'm wrong because I love watching him play, but even if I am wrong and he bounces back you don't really need him.  You're stacked at RB and have tons of keeper options there, depending on how much you want to spend.  I also like Diggs a lot--this year and in the future.  And if Luck comes back then Hilton is gets that nice bump.

Yes, starting 3 WRs has you thin at that position until TY returns to form.  But you are probably outscoring opponents at the RB/Flex positions, and will continue to do so with that stable of RBs.  You've got a good thing going and I'd stick with it.  Winning now will overshadow building for the future...although you should be good in that department as well.

Good luck!

Not an auction got myself, either, but I wouldn't do it.  Seems like far too much value for you for next year. 

Just to clarify the auction/keeper dynamic: I can keep up to 6 guys for what I paid + $5 dollars:

For example: Barring something crazy, I will be keeping K Hunt for $24 and Montgomery for $23. I will also probably keep Gillislie for $7 & than see from there. All of my wrs could be keepers but I can only keep 3.

My biggest question is: Does adding DJ for the stretch run + MT all year make me better in the short term? Or does having the wr depth of diggs & TY all year make me deeper?

Edit: I countered with me giving Landry, TY, & Kupp for DJ, MT, & C Davis (He would be one of the best keepers in our league at $6.))

Users who are viewing this thread