What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop Cohen for Carson? (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
Redraft, PPR, 0.25 points per rush

Roster restrictions are that we can only keep the following volume of players to prevent stashing: 2 QB, 3 WR, 3 RB, 2 TE, 1 W/R/T Flex. Read that to mostly mean I can keep either 4 RB or 4 WR but not both.

Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex (W/R/T)

My team:

QB: R. Wilson, M. Stafford

RB: E. Elliott, D. Martin, T. Cohen, D. Henry

WR: J. Nelson, D. Hopkins, T. Hill

TE: R. Gronkowski, A. Hooper

I don't dislike Cohen and by no means do I really want to drop him. I'm dangling him this morning to the Howard owner, but presuming he says no and that deal doesn't go through, is Carson a better grab at this point anyways?

Another option would be to drop Doug Martin for Carson now too and see what happens the next few weeks before trying to grab Martin back. 

I like Cohen better than Carson in PPR.  He's had 21 targets in just two weeks.  16 points just on number of receptions alone.  

Carson may turn out to be the better running back, but I think Cohen gets you more points on a week to week level.  Especially with how bad the Bears are right now and how thin they are at WR.  They are going to continue with a lot of short passes just to get rid of the ball.

I like Cohen better than Carson in PPR.  He's had 21 targets in just two weeks.  16 points just on number of receptions alone.  

Carson may turn out to be the better running back, but I think Cohen gets you more points on a week to week level.  Especially with how bad the Bears are right now and how thin they are at WR.  They are going to continue with a lot of short passes just to get rid of the ball.
Thanks for the reply. The offset to Cohen's targets would be Carson's rushing attempts as we get points for attempts (meaning someone like Toddy Gurley is pretty valuable in my league even if he doesn't get a ton of yards because he gets a ton of attempts).

Talking to the Howard owner I could essentially turn Cohen into this: Cohen + Hooper for Carson + Jordan Reed. I think that becomes more of a no brainer, agreed?

Users who are viewing this thread