What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tyrod Taylor vs Hogan (1 Viewer)

irchrisr

Footballguy
So I picked up Tyrod Taylor off the waivers last week to cover for my starting QB Jamis Winston. I had to drop Hogan for Taylor I am wondering is it worth dropping Taylor for Hogan? He is just sitting there as a FA.

probably depends on your lineups and league settings.  I'd probably say I'd drop him for Hogan though, but there's likely better options out there too.

probably depends on your lineups and league settings.  I'd probably say I'd drop him for Hogan though, but there's likely better options out there too.
I have,

Winston, Taylor

Bell, Gurley, Powell, Ellington, Carson

Evans, T.Y, Cooper, Diggs, Snead

reed

lutz

panthers 

QB/2RB/2WR/Flex/K/DST/TE

You dont really need Hogan, so it may be worth holding onto Taylor, if there arent many good QBs out there should you ever need to sit Winston.  If there are plenty of serviceable QBs available, why not pick Hogan back up.  Really depends on who is available.

I think Winston is good enough to be top 8-10 QB in most settings, so he's good to start pretty much every game. Thus, you don't need to carry a backup QB.

If Winston gets hurt or he has a tough schedule (his 2nd half is much better than the next few tough opponents), you could probably find a good enough fill-in just as good as Taylor on any given week. Hogan by virtue of being a starting WR on the Patriots will swing wildly in value, so he's an excellent trade piece if you want to sell high one day or start him on some weeks as a flex (I assume Hilton is benched). The potential for Hogan to be a boom-bust WR2 gives him more value than Taylor, who will ride your bench most of the year as he's not even a top 15 fantasy QB IMO.

Bottom line: Hogan is much more valuable as a trade asset on your bench than Tyrod Taylor is on your bench.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/760370-drop-j-charles-for-james-white-or-corey-davis/

Users who are viewing this thread