What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PICK 1: J. Charles, James White or Corey Davis? (1 Viewer)

Spectrum

Footballguy
- 10-team Yahoo
- Non PPR
- 5 pt bonus for 100 yds/rec/rush
- 5 pts bonus for 300 yds pass

In first place by a lot - killed it b/c of Kareem Hunt and A. Brown.

I picked up Kamara last night. Should I pick up any of these 2 and drop Jamaal Charles (or drop Kamara)?

James White or Corey Davis?

QB - Big Ben
WR - Antonio Brown
WR - D. Parker
RB - D. Cook
RB - K. Hunt
TE - J. Graham
Flex - Jay Ajayi
Flex - T. West
Bench - A. Thielen, T. Coleman, T.Y. Hilton, A. Kamara, J. Charles
IR - A. Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I would pick up Corey Davis. If they keep targeting him like they did last week, he'll be a good WR2 for you this season.

I would say you could drop Charles, since you've got quite a few decent RB's.  I'd say get Davis.

I'd stay put. You've got good depth all around, which could become amazing depth when Luck comes back, both at QB and WR. 

I would say you could drop Charles, since you've got quite a few decent RB's.  I'd say get Davis.
Thanks. Yeah, assuming I'm benching Hilton most weeks until Luck comes back, I only have Thielen as my WR bench/bye-fill in.

I'd stay put. You've got good depth all around, which could become amazing depth when Luck comes back, both at QB and WR. 
True. Though I only have Thielen for WR depth, given I probably won't play Hilton any weeks until Luck gets back. Think that's ok? Davis has a tough matchup this week so he may not post good #'s so maybe he won't get picked up anyways after week 2 if I want him later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for answering mine.  The way I see this is you are pretty stacked at each position.  Odds are you will never have to use Kamara or Charles.  Also, the league gives a bonus for 100 yard performances.  I don't see Kamara or Charles getting any bonuses.  I would think Davis gives you the best shot at a 100 yard bonus, therefore would make him a priority pick up.  If it was ppr I would be more inclined to grab James White, but he is on the same level as Kamara or Charles.  Maybe grab a backup QB? 

Thanks for answering mine.  The way I see this is you are pretty stacked at each position.  Odds are you will never have to use Kamara or Charles.  Also, the league gives a bonus for 100 yard performances.  I don't see Kamara or Charles getting any bonuses.  I would think Davis gives you the best shot at a 100 yard bonus, therefore would make him a priority pick up.  If it was ppr I would be more inclined to grab James White, but he is on the same level as Kamara or Charles.  Maybe grab a backup QB? 
Thanks. Could I see a scenario where CJ Anderson either gets hurt or splits with Charles and Charles gets goal line carries? Yes. But thinking about it now, I ultimately see a ceiling. Kamara obviously has to deal with splitting time with 2 RB's.

Davis is one of the rare waiver wire WR's who has a high ceiling in a growing offense. You've convinced me to grab Davis (unless you think I should have 2 defenses and stash Denver)

Thanks. Could I see a scenario where CJ Anderson either gets hurt or splits with Charles and Charles gets goal line carries? Yes. But thinking about it now, I ultimately see a ceiling. Kamara obviously has to deal with splitting time with 2 RB's.

Davis is one of the rare waiver wire WR's who has a high ceiling in a growing offense. You've convinced me to grab Davis (unless you think I should have 2 defenses and stash Denver)
I'd never carry two defenses.  But maybe drop kamara for Davis and hold Charles to see if Cj goes down.  

Just keep Charles as your designated drop if something good shows up on waivers or you need a def/qb/te

Users who are viewing this thread