What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Julio Jones for D. Cook n DHOP? (1 Viewer)

taterskin43

Footballguy
Hey guys..... got an offer yesterday that's at the very least a legit one....I'm in a 10 team PPR that starts 1QB 2RB 2WR 1 TE 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE) and a DST.....roster is currently:

QB: Mariota/D. Carr

RB: D. Murray/L. Miller/D. Foreman/R. Burkhead/Du. Johnson/Prosise

WR: J. Jones/B. Cooks/M. Bryant/D. Adams/C. Davis/M. Lee/P. Richardson

TE: M. Bennett/A. Hooper

DST: Carolina

Would you trade Julio Jones for Deandre Hopkins/Dalvin Cook?  Pretty worried about RB depth and I love the Dalvin Cook side of it.....but D. Hopkins and Houston offense is risky.  Thoughts?

I don't think it's enough to move Julio.  The only circumstance that might change that is if it's a keeper league (getting in on the ground floor with Dalvin).  I just don't trust Houston (yet).  

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a keeper..... and I'm with you....Houston scares me to death.  If I didn't like D. Cook as much as I do I wouldn't look twice at the deal.  One of favs here at the site (Bob Henry) been on Cook since way back in offseason....   tempting but don't know if it's enough either.

I'd probably pass on that offer. Jones is an elite talent and I like to know I'm getting something reliable with upside in return. Hopkins is too risky for my taste, even though I do expect him to get peppered with targets so long as Watson is under center. He provides a reasonably safe floor but very little upside in that offense. I like Cook and what he brings to the table, and you could certainly use someone with his pedigree at RB. It's a decent deal, but I wouldn't jump on it just yet. Probably best to wait and see what develops between Watson-Nuk. 

As a Texans fan, I can at least guarantee you one thing about Hopkins: he's going to get a boatload of targets. Fiedorowicz was also just placed on IR, so Houston's offense will look like the Bears did in week one with Hopkins and Miller as the only reliable targets to throw to. If you think Watson will be at least decent as a passer, expect Hopkins to get 12-15 targets a game and have 6-8+ catches a game.

I usually like being on the game changer ends of these deals and Julio is that player here, but it's a pretty even deal. I think the biggest reason I may lead to declining for you is how wedded you become to Houston as a whole with Miller, Foreman, and Hopkins all on one squad. I really do like Cook a lot more than Miller, so I think your biggest question is if you believe me about Hopkins' targets compared to Julio. I think in the end, the gap between Cook and Miller is likely greater than the gap between Jones and Hopkins if I'm right.

Thanks for the feedback. Think I'll feel out where my counterpart is on D. Cook with a counter or two.  Agree and believe you Jayded..... no doubt Hopkins will have the volume.  Very curious to see how fast Deshaun can grow in the offense.  Houston desperately needs their LT back as well.

I agree with the consensus except that I'm very leery of  rookie QBs being able to deliver consistent catchable balls to Wide outs.  They tend to rely on TEs and RBs in the passing game more.  That Said, I'm pretty high on Cook.  I might do it if you could get a better TE in the Deal too.  

Nope.  What the hell were you doing during the draft?  For a 10-team league I see no bonafide studs apart from Julio.  For how bad your RBs are, I would've expected a monster set of WRs.  All I see are question marks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread