What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kyle Van Noy (1 Viewer)

No, I'm starting zero pats DL or LB besides Flowers until I see how they're used...The Hoodie isn't hoodwinking me.

Edit -

To my surprise he's the MLB and wearing the green dot and is all over the field...was really hoping for Elandon

Van Noy.... all tackles appeared to be a good 5 yards off the LOS. Just a weak performance from a unit that appears to be loaded with unspectacular talent along the front 7. Flowers looks like he'll be a decent start but was pushed around plenty. Hightower is at OLB and already hurt. Seems about the same as I expected (even with Van Noy as a surprise with the number of snaps he received) which is to say you don't really want to rely on any Pats IDP players for reliable production. I can't see the pedestrian talent that played last night sticking at their respective roles all season if there's not a huge uptick in on-field play, because the def. front got pushed around all game long. 

Van Noy.... all tackles appeared to be a good 5 yards off the LOS. Just a weak performance from a unit that appears to be loaded with unspectacular talent along the front 7. Flowers looks like he'll be a decent start but was pushed around plenty. Hightower is at OLB and already hurt. Seems about the same as I expected (even with Van Noy as a surprise with the number of snaps he received) which is to say you don't really want to rely on any Pats IDP players for reliable production. I can't see the pedestrian talent that played last night sticking at their respective roles all season if there's not a huge uptick in on-field play, because the def. front got pushed around all game long. 
I am watching Richards, he's a former 2nd round pick so the team liked something about him, and he was all over the place.  He's got the ideal Big Nickel skill set if they go with that personnel a lot.

Given their struggles against the run and lack of quality personnel at LB, it's curious to me that they haven't given Roberts more of a push. It seemed like he was being groomed to be the main guy after the Collins trade last year but basically the opposite has happened - he's almost been phased out of the rotation in favour of Van Noy? There must be a trust issue there - he's not great in coverage but he's always seemed solid to me and good against the run. Maybe the performance yesterday and the Hightower injury will shake things up a bit? I'd like to see what he can do (don't currently own him but have added and dropped a few times in dynasty).

Given their struggles against the run and lack of quality personnel at LB, it's curious to me that they haven't given Roberts more of a push. It seemed like he was being groomed to be the main guy after the Collins trade last year but basically the opposite has happened - he's almost been phased out of the rotation in favour of Van Noy? There must be a trust issue there - he's not great in coverage but he's always seemed solid to me and good against the run. Maybe the performance yesterday and the Hightower injury will shake things up a bit? I'd like to see what he can do (don't currently own him but have added and dropped a few times in dynasty).
One thing we can all depend on is how undependable BB is with players. I totally agree with you and think he deserves a shot but clearly the people that matter don't think so. Cassius was awful in his time after the Hightower injury. Maybe 10 days of practice Roberts can get a shot, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Users who are viewing this thread