What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QUICK ADVISE! LEAVE A LINK ILL GET YOURS! (1 Viewer)

jesse

Footballguy
Hey fellas,

So I have a hypothetical deal in place just wondering if you think I I should pull the trigger. 

I teally wanted McCoy in my league but he didn't fall to me at 9. But now I have a chance to get him. 

I already own Brady. 

I trade Cam Newton and Todd Gurley for Lesean McCoy. 

I got Gurley 33rd overall and McCoy went 5th overall. I got cam in the 8th and if you told me all I had to do to get McCoy is pick Cam in the 8th round, I'd have been all about it.

Basically, would you do it?

LEAVE A LINK ILL GET YOURS!

Hey fellas,

So I have a hypothetical deal in place just wondering if you think I I should pull the trigger. 

I teally wanted McCoy in my league but he didn't fall to me at 9. But now I have a chance to get him. 

I already own Brady. 

I got Gurley 33rd overall and McCoy went 5th overall. I got cam in the 8th and if you told me all I had to do to get McCoy is pick Cam in the 8th round, I'd have been all about it.

I'd like to see your roster construction. But the one big thing you have going for you, is you have a surefire stud at QB, and (I guess since I don't know the scoring/roster/settings) that since you can only play one QB which is Brady, you are good to go there. While I never like the idea of giving away RB depth, you are getting an upgrade in return. I don't see anything wrong with this deal, so I say go ahead and do it.

I always like to know the other specifics though. Roster construction, settings, league type etc. etc.

(Like if this were a superflex league where you could start 2 QBs, then I wouldn't make the trade)

Always, always , ALWAYS .... remember its NOT about winning the trade, its about improving your team.  This is a classic case , where "in a vacuum" you might lose a little in overall points, but you improve your team.  You increase your RB output, and you get rid of a QB that you can't start anyway.

Now get you another lottery ticket RB handcuff in that empty spot. :thumbup:

Good Luck,

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think Brady will hold up (I do) and you really like McCoy I would do it.  Gurley might be great but he could flop again like last year.  I, personally, am starting to worry a bit about Shady's age but I think he's got at least this season in him and you seem to be excited about him.  Fantasy is more fun when you have players you're rooting for on your roster.

Losing Cam when you have Brady on the roster is meaningless - you'll start him 1 time...maybe 2 - he's just taking up bench space.

Hey fellas,

I already own Brady. 

Do it immediately. You have Brady - you don't need Newton.

McCoy > Gurley

newton on the bench scores you no points. 

I'd rather have Brady/McCoy than Newton/Gurley

Here's mins - TIA

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/759959-pick-my-flex-for-week-1/

Users who are viewing this thread