What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ragland to the Chiefs (1 Viewer)

Hankmoody

Footballguy
3 down guy one day?
Have to hope so.  He was drafted to be a perennial starter at ILB, and Buffalo's scheme change did him no favors.  He seems like a better fit in KC's 3-4, though, and as Hank notes, Derrick J. doesn't have too much longer.

The rest of the competition consists of players who have struggled to earn consistent playing time for years.  I'm buying on Ragland at present.

They've been using Kevin Pierre-Louis as their DJ backup in the preseason. They traded a Pro Bowl special teamer for KPL so they definitely like the guy. I think Ramik starts at MIKE and Ragland takes over as he gets up to speed. If DJ gets hurt or retires, KPL gets the first opportunity at WILL.

3 down guy one day?
I think even if he makes a full recovery, his ability to play all 3 downs is a bit sketchy. He's much better suited to just be a kick-### two-down thumper IMO, I'd love to see him take Ramik's job by the end of the year and run with it. KC's run defense was a bit rough last season and Ragland could certainly play a big part in shoring that up. 

They've been using Kevin Pierre-Louis as their DJ backup in the preseason. They traded a Pro Bowl special teamer for KPL so they definitely like the guy. I think Ramik starts at MIKE and Ragland takes over as he gets up to speed. If DJ gets hurt or retires, KPL gets the first opportunity at WILL.
I agree with the bold but think Wilson stays in the lineup as WILL and Ragland becomes a thumper.

I agree with the bold but think Wilson stays in the lineup as WILL and Ragland becomes a thumper.
I've got both in a league, so I hope you're right. Wilson played well last year, but I think we're ignoring the fact he didn't even make the roster at the beginning of last season. After losing Mauga for the year, they had Justin March-Lillard and still stashed Wilson to their practice squad rather than keeping him on their 53. And last year, once Wilson started playing, he came off the field for sub packages so Daniel Sorensen could play Nickel LB. It wasn't until DJ missed the last 3 games that Wilson started playing 90% of the snaps.

I think I have to drop Eligwe for now in my primary league with roster cut down today.

Users who are viewing this thread