What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Non-PPR 3 Keeper League, Help! (1 Viewer)

Sunny26091991

Footballguy
Hey folk,

I am about to go into my second year of fantasy league (8 man league) and we decided to add 3 Keeper as our first 3 round picks (No restrictions etc.).  I would need some advice who to pick. 

Some information about the Leauge (scoring system is standard):  

1x QB

3 W/R

2RB

1 W/R / RB 

1 Kicker

1 Def. 

Players  I could choose from: Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, A.J Green, Jay Ajayi, DeMarco Murray, Jordan Howard. 

Since we have 3 W/R slots instead of 2, I thought about Jordy Nelson and A.J Green as Keeper but was not sure wheter to pick Aaron Rodgers or a RB afterwards. 

Please let me know what your thoughts are,

Thank you in advance!! 

I'd keep Green, Nelson, and Howard. 

Wouldn't even consider Rodgers at all. Way too many quality QBs available in an 8-team league.

Thank you for your answers. I am just concerned about Howard at Chicago more than i am with Ajayi at Miami. 

So both of you would ignore DeMarco Murray ? 

Thank you for your answers. I am just concerned about Howard at Chicago more than i am with Ajayi at Miami. 

So both of you would ignore DeMarco Murray ? 
I would rather have Murray than the other RB's you mentioned.  I would have him and the two WR's.

I would rather have Murray than the other RB's you mentioned.  I would have him and the two WR's.
 Yeah based on the previous season you probably should. However, DeMarco Murray is not as alone in the backfield as Howard und Ajayi. Henry will be stepping in soon or later dont you think ?

I would keep Green and Nelson and Rodgers. Thanks for answering mine. The reason I went Rodgers is he is safe probably over the next 5 years and I don't trust the other RBS

I would hold Ajayi, Nelson & Rogers. You get the Rogers/Nelson connection and can always draft another solid1-2 WR's and possibly even an elite WR. Those three give you the Top QB and two top fiv at their positions.

Ajayi has that backfield to himself and will be beter in PPR this year.

No way I'd consider Murray...he will get hurt this year and is sharing with Henry anyway.

As for Howard, Id only hold him if Ajayi get's hurt. Bears are going to be bad and may throw more than people thin.

Please chime in on mine https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/758778-who-to-take-1-overall-in-superflex-two-qb-league/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunny26091991 said:
 Yeah based on the previous season you probably should. However, DeMarco Murray is not as alone in the backfield as Howard und Ajayi. Henry will be stepping in soon or later dont you think ?
Murray will still be used as long as he is affective.  Titans have a good o-line so I think he keeps getting the ball.  The gap will be closer but i think Murray still gets most touches. 

Ajayi had two huge games that made his end of year stats look better than they were.  That scares me some.

Howard is good but I think the box is going to be stacked against him daring glennon to pass.  He will have a harder time this year.

I would keep Aj, Nelson, and Ajayi with Howard a close 4th.   I would pick Ajayi over Howard because I think there will be a lot of carries for Ajayi and once Chicago is out of it, they're going to favor the pass over the run. 

Thanks for all the answers, I think i need to stick to Nelson and AJ because we will play with 3 WR this season and the gap after the top 10 WR is bigger than it is with QB´s and RB, dont you think ? 

The question is more like do i keep an RB or Rodgers ?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take Ajayi.  He should see a lot more work and you can get a quality quarterback in an eight team league much more easily.

Users who are viewing this thread