What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HUGE dynasty trade offer (1 Viewer)

maf005

Footballguy
My team below, in the 2nd year of a rebuild. I've been fortunate with a few trades and draft picks so there are some pretty valuable pieces to work with now. 12 team PPR (likely starters bolded):

Carr, Cousins

Joe Mixon, Mack, Foreman, Chris Thompson, Paul Perkins, Malcolm Brown, Damien Williams

Michael Thomas (NOS), Sammy, Corey Davis, Martavis Bryant, Snead, Treadwell, Agholor, Tavon Austin, Jaelen Strong

Charles Clay, Hunter Henry, Austin Hooper, Maxx Williams

The offer:

Give: Michael Thomas (NOS), Joe Mixon

Receive: OBJ, 2018 1st (the 2018 1st is from a team that I would say has the 6-9th strongest roster. possible playoff team but imo will likely miss)

Do I have enough pieces where it makes sense to consolidate assets? TIA

The value is there for it not to be unreasonable on paper.  But to me, your RBs are extremely weak, and your WRs are fairly solid.  I think giving Mixon puts you in a bad hole at RB, and if you're looking for a 2-for-1 deal, I'd be looking to trade RB/WR for a better starting RB, rather than the other way around.

Unless the pick projected top 3-4, I'd pass.

I would not do that deal and IMO it's not that close.  Beckham is a negligible upgrade over Thomas and Mixon is worth way more than a future 1st, especially if that 1st is most likely going to be mid to later in the round.

I agree with the above. You have a lot of guys that could fizzle out at RB behind Mixon and only 2 real startable rbs. Whereas I think you have 5 startable Wrs.

It's not a bad offer...just not great for your roster.

I actually like the offer.......but not for your team.  If I am moving Thomas and Mixon, I would like to get my hands on a top RB, or get an Ajayi plus a WR not as good as Thomas.  You're pretty much punting on RB if you do this deal.

You should pass on the offer.  Now if the 2018 1st was a high one, then I can get on board with doing it.  Right now it could be a high one but it could be in the 7-8 range, and Mixon is worth more than that.

You're in rebuild mode.  Let Mixon and Thomas develop.  

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

What do you think about countering with another rb:

Thomas, Mixon

OBJ, future 1st, Lamar Miller

I'm not sure if Miller really does much for me if I'm you. I think you are a year or two from competing for the ship even if you made that trade and by that time Miller will be nearing 30 with a lot of mileage on his legs. I'd stick with Thomas and Mixon at this point.

The final accepted trade:

Gave: 

Michael Thomas (NOS), Joe Mixon, 2018 2nd round pick (fringe contender)

Received: 

OBJ, Lamar Miller, 2018 1st round pick (unlikely playoff team)

thanks for the feedback all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread