What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Demarcus Robinson, LAR (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
Coach Andy Reid praised second-year fourth-rounder Demarcus Robinson when discussing the Chiefs' Jeremy Maclin-less receiver corps.

"He’s the young one that has come up here a little bit and had a pretty good offseason," Reid said. "We’ll see how he does once we get going in the preseason … he can go after (the ball) and he’s physical. He can run and he can do the short stuff, too." Robinson was active for all 16 games as a rookie, but didn't draw a target on offense, primarily playing special teams. Robinson will battle with Albert Wilson for targets behind Tyreek Hill and Chris Conley.

Source: Kansas City Star

Jun 6 - 3:24 PM

Last edited:
With Jeremy Maclin gone, which wide receiver will lead Chiefs in catches?

Excerpt:

If you’re looking for a sleeper candidate, Demarcus Robinson might be worth a shot. Robinson, a fourth-round draft pick in 2016, played in all 16 games as a rookie but mostly on special teams. He played just five snaps on offense and didn’t catch a pass.

Robinson has been getting plenty of work in offseason practice and now should be getting even more snaps with the starters. He could claim Maclin’s starting spot and have a breakthrough season.

Chiefs second-year WR Demarcus Robinson has received first-team reps in practice alongside Tyreek Hill and Chris Conley.

Robinson was previously given praise by coach Andy Reed and is looking to crack the rotation on offense after contributing on special teams last season. With Jeremy Maclin gone, Robinson will battle for the underwhelming role as the Chiefs' third wide receiver. A 2016 fourth-round pick out of Florida, Robinson stands out neither in the size (6'1/203) nor speed (4.59) departments but excelled after the catch on college tape.

Source: The Kansas City Star 

Jul 29 - 10:46 AM

Interesting.  Not sure the chiefs’ offense can support another wr outside of hill, Kelcz, and hint but for Dynasty purposes when mahomes gets in there.  Maybe.  

He's displaying the type of talent that should lead to some big games, but yeah, no way you're gonna get consistency out of him. People thought there were already too many mouths to feed for fantasy, now you add him? Yikes. 

He made some good plays in the game tonight converting some key 3rd down situations. My first time seeing him play.

5 receptions 69 yards. Not bad.

Tied Hill for targets---8. Nice showing, seems to work his way open. Moving forward I hope he convinced Smith and the coaches to continue to look his way. A run game and three receiving options is not a bad thing to have.

As much as I want to like this guy, I just can't get past the fact he's KCC #2 WR.  That pie can't be that big.

Tied Hill for targets---8. Nice showing, seems to work his way open. Moving forward I hope he convinced Smith and the coaches to continue to look his way. A run game and three receiving options is not a bad thing to have.
The bears had success with it a few seasons ago

Why Chiefs WR Demarcus Robinson is primed for a big year

“Patrick [Mahomes] and I stayed and worked out together this offseason,” Robinson explained. “It was just a matter of getting everything down in the playbook. I’m way more confident now—just getting more acquainted in the playbook and knowing all three spots on the field. I don’t have to think about it anymore. I just go out there and make plays.”

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/08/03/demarcus-robinson-emerging-kansas-city-chiefs-offense/

Robinson is someone who had some big plays with Mahomes in preseason (Patricks rookie year and last year) and regular season. If available I would pick him up in a heartbeat.

If Tyreek Hill is really in trouble, Robinson is his backup according to various depth charts
It wouldn't be all that shocking to see the Chiefs draft or sign someone.

He's not a replacement, definitely not the same player, but Crabtree could do well in KC. Still available I think.

It wouldn't be all that shocking to see the Chiefs draft or sign someone.

He's not a replacement, definitely not the same player, but Crabtree could do well in KC. Still available I think.
They will definitely be adding someone. But with Robinson’s familiarity with the offense and ability for the big play he will have a role.

Wonder if chiefs go WR in the first round now?
The year lost a lot on the defensive side of the ball and I would be surprised if they took a pass catcher in the first. I think this draft is more deep than top heavy for skill guys so I would bet that they wait past the first or even trade down to garner more selections. They picked up an extra 2nd Rounder in the Dee Ford trade so unless they love someone I would guess one of their 2nds goes to the offensive side of the ball.

King of the Jungle said:
The year lost a lot on the defensive side of the ball and I would be surprised if they took a pass catcher in the first. I think this draft is more deep than top heavy for skill guys so I would bet that they wait past the first or even trade down to garner more selections. They picked up an extra 2nd Rounder in the Dee Ford trade so unless they love someone I would guess one of their 2nds goes to the offensive side of the ball.
Dee Ford was for a 2020 2nd.

Kind of surprised buzz hasn't picked up on this guy. As Hill owner,  grabbed him in last round of rookie/FA draft, and honestly I was ready to take him a few rounds earlier but had a feeling he'd be under the radar.

Any time I've seen him play I've always been impressed and he seems more ready to fill the Hill role in 2019 than Mecole. I don't really recall any negative stuff about him, he was just sort of stuck behind Wilson and Conley, which I suppose is its own form of indicment.

But with a clear path to starting and familiarity with the offense, I can't fathom how a potential starting WR on the top passing offense in the league is just sitting around on waivers.

Kind of surprised buzz hasn't picked up on this guy. As Hill owner,  grabbed him in last round of rookie/FA draft, and honestly I was ready to take him a few rounds earlier but had a feeling he'd be under the radar.

Any time I've seen him play I've always been impressed and he seems more ready to fill the Hill role in 2019 than Mecole. I don't really recall any negative stuff about him, he was just sort of stuck behind Wilson and Conley, which I suppose is its own form of indicment.

But with a clear path to starting and familiarity with the offense, I can't fathom how a potential starting WR on the top passing offense in the league is just sitting around on waivers.
Not a lot talk about him the from the team reports or FFers. He seems to have the tools to contribute and has made some big plays with Mahomes. Not sure what has held him back over the years.

Not a lot talk about him the from the team reports or FFers. He seems to have the tools to contribute and has made some big plays with Mahomes. Not sure what has held him back over the years.
Grabbed him and Byron Pringle as last round lotto tickets. If Mecole is slow to develop - or more likely Watkins is hurt - one of them should be startable. 

Grabbed him and Byron Pringle as last round lotto tickets. If Mecole is slow to develop - or more likely Watkins is hurt - one of them should be startable. 
Absolutely. Don't forget the very real possibility that Mecole will be slow to develop *and* Watkins will be hurt. Even more opportunity. 

The Athletic's Nate Taylor reports Demarcus Robinson will be asked to play the old Chris Conley role in the Chiefs' offense this season.

Now, Conley didn't blow up on the stat sheet by any means with his 32-334-5 receiving line on 9.2% of the Chiefs' targets, but he did play 74.7% of the snaps. He was on the field quite a bit, and Robinson could see a big uptick after playing just over 36% of the downs a year ago. Robinson and Patrick Mahomes have been working on their deep-ball and play-extending connection this offseason as Robinson heads into a contract year. Robinson went 22-288-4 on 33 targets last year, and Mahomes has raved about Robinson's ability to get open when plays break down. With Tyreek Hill's status still up in the air, Sammy Watkins' health an annual question mark, and Mecole Hardman a rookie, Robinson is at least someone to be monitoring in this prolific offense.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jul 18, 2019, 4:13 PM ET

Robinson is a hell of a player. This might be some of my Florida biased but he was a terrific playmaker there. He reminded me of a more physical DeSean Jackson. Ton of speed but much stronger. D-Rob should be used similar to I think how Andy use to use Jackson the first few yrs he had him but now that Andy knows how to use a skilled guy you could see a better version of what DeSean was in the Eagles offense then. Same goes with the DeSean Jackson in the Eagles offense with Pederson this DeSean is a more mature one and now has Andy's pupil who will utilize him better then the first time around 

Robinson is a hell of a player. This might be some of my Florida biased but he was a terrific playmaker there. He reminded me of a more physical DeSean Jackson. Ton of speed but much stronger. D-Rob should be used similar to I think how Andy use to use Jackson the first few yrs he had him but now that Andy knows how to use a skilled guy you could see a better version of what DeSean was in the Eagles offense then. Same goes with the DeSean Jackson in the Eagles offense with Pederson this DeSean is a more mature one and now has Andy's pupil who will utilize him better then the first time around 
He seemed to have good chemistry with Mahomes. If he’s getting 70% of the snaps in that offense, he can definitely breakout.

This sleeper has legs.

He seemed to have good chemistry with Mahomes. If he’s getting 70% of the snaps in that offense, he can definitely breakout.

This sleeper has legs.
Yep I got a keeper league (keep 4) but no one has Robinson rostered and if he's there in the later rounds I might just pick him up. Already going into the season with Wentz/Gordon/Micheal/JuJu going into the season. We might go to 10 teams and if so I'm trying to get a vote for a 2nd or 3rd keeper. My WR position after Jeffrey gets weak so if Robinson breaks out it's a real steal. 

I just got him on waivers uncontested in a competitive dynasty league.  Am I missing something?  This seemed like a no-brainer pickup this week.

Chiefs have under-the-radar WR fantasy owners should target

Excerpt:

For waiver options, most will flock to rookie Mecole Hardman. He’s the bigger name and the shiny, new toy. But you’ll do better investing in lesser-known Demarcus Robinson, whose under-the-radar status will help you save on FAAB budget. The 24-year old flashed his talents last year when he scored three touchdowns over the last five games.

Coach Andy Reid tends to favor his veterans, and though Hardman may have higher long-term upside, he needs more time to develop. Robinson is ready for a larger role and will now be the No. 2 wideout in the league’s premier offense. And best of all, he’s likely to be less expensive. That’s just good business.

This week will be interesting as we see whether Mecole or DeRob steps up and takes some of Tyreek's targets. I don't think either can be started safely; this situation is one to monitor but you want to get in on some of the KC offense action.

This week will be interesting as we see whether Mecole or DeRob steps up and takes some of Tyreek's targets. I don't think either can be started safely; this situation is one to monitor but you want to get in on some of the KC offense action.
Agree, might as well get in on the action but I doubt either are regular contributors. The advantage now would be if Watkins comes up gimpy, that would change things. Offense will most likely funnel through Kelce, Watkins, RBs, and then the rest sprinkled in. Both DRob/Hardman may have big games these following weeks but I would have a hard time placing them in my lineup.

The Athletic's Nate Taylor is under the impression from Chiefs coach Andy Reid that Mecole Hardman and De'Anthony Thomas will fill the void left by Tyreek Hill (collarbone).

Reid said, "Thomas has done it before and Mecole has kind of been in that position. We feel good working both of them." Both receivers offer a ton of speed and big-play potential, but the Chiefs will also be asking more from Sammy Watkins and Travis Kelce, too. Hardman was inconsistent at Georgia on deep balls, though he didn't have Patrick Mahomes throwing them either. Hardman is a high-ceiling, zero-floor WR4 in Oakland.

Damn. Wish Hill had been suspended and I had kept Robinson on my roster. 

Mahomes looking like the new Brady and making any WR a stud

Creates a really interesting sell opportunity.  Might be able to get a 2020 first, especially if he adds to this in the second half.  May hit up the Tyreek owner.  

Creates a really interesting sell opportunity.  Might be able to get a 2020 first, especially if he adds to this in the second half.  May hit up the Tyreek owner.  
As a Tyreek owner who cut DR after no suspension announcement, I would give you a second no question. 

First too rich. I'd take the 2 and run. 

Users who are viewing this thread