What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate my team - post rookie draft (1 Viewer)

huskermadhatter

Footballguy
12 Team Dynasty PPR, Flex, Full IDP

Rookie draft concluded 48 hours ago.  Free agent waivers open tomorrow.  

Off-season roster limit will cut down to 55 soon.  In season roster limit is 36 active with 5 taxi squad spots.

Start:  QB (1), RB (2-3), WR (3-4), TE (1-2), Kicker (1), DT+DE (2), LB (3), CB+S (3)

Roster:  

QB - Dak Prescott, Blake Bortles, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Connor Cook

RB - LeVeon Bell, Melvin Gordon, Jordan Howard, Adrian Peterson, Theo Riddick

WR - Michael Thomas, Jarvis Landry, Corey Davis, Eric Decker, Tyreek Hill, Donte Moncrief, Robert Woods, Curtis Samuel, Tajae Sharpe, Chad Williams, Justin Hardy, Sammie Coates, Pharoh Cooper

TE - Hunter Henry, Jack Doyle, Adam Shaheen, Antonio Gates

PK - Brandon McManus, Roberto Aguayo 

DT/DE - JJ Watt, Danielle Hunter, Myles Garrett, Ndamukong Suh, Geno Atkins, Sheldon Richardson

LB - Luke Kuechly, Zach Brown, Mark Barron, Markus Golden, Jamie Collins, Will Compton, Derrick Johnson, Gerald Hodges

CB/S - Kenny Vaccaro, Tyrann Mathieu, Kurt Coleman, Malcolm Jenkins, Malik Hooker, Briean Boddy-Calhoun

Be gentle!  ; )

I don't play IDP, so keep that in mind.

QB - you're going to be below average here.  Prescott is a borderline starting QB in a 12 teamer.....Bortles may turn it around, but I am not convinced.....so you're pretty weak at QB after Prescott.

RB - Well done.  You have an elite RB and 2 other top 10 RBs.  Riddick is a nice RB4.  You're going to kill the opposition here.

WR - You have a lot of depth and some players with a lot of potential, but in all, your WRs will be a little below average.  For a while, you're going to have a headache as who will start for you at the WR3 spot.

TE - Like Henry as a solid starting TE, and you're insured with Gates.  Doyle is a solid second option at TE, and you can let Shaheen develop without really needing him this year.

On the defensive front, you have two great players in Watt and Kuechly, otherwise I can't critique the rest.  Just have to hope that Watt and Kuechly can stay healthy this year.

Overall, your team is good and should be a contender due to how great your RBs are, but a lot will ride on Prescott and if Michael Thomas can actually be a #1 option for NO.  It is easily to be successful in NO when defenses gameplanned to double team Cooks.

Good luck.

I agree with most of the above. I also don't play IDP so I'll leave that to others who know better.

Qbs. It all rides on Dak not hitting the sophomore slump. I'm pretty down on Bortles (after owning him last year and watching his throwing motion) but most seem to think hell have a bounce back year. So, you should be able to have one of the two with a decent matchup most weeks.

Rbs. Definitely the strength of your team. I imagine it is the best group in the league and they are all young so should be a dominant group for years to come.

Wrs. Landry is a nice piece in ppr, though the run game in Miami and expected improvement of Parker may hinder him a bit. Thomas could be a wr1 with Cooks gone but a Lot are worried about Brees hitting the QB cliff. Other than that lot of youth and potential but I imagine there will be some dud weeks where you pick the wrong guy or get some uninspiring stat lines from guys with good matchups. May be a good idea to grab some veteran guys with good floors (Larry Fitz, Pierre Garcon etc.) to provide some stability to your wr core while you figure out who of your young guys is going to take the next step.

TEs. Won't do much better than Henry for a young TE. Good QB and Gates has gotta be close to calling it quits.

I think you could contend this season if Dak stays around where he was last year and you trade or have some Wrs step up out of that group, but I think it is more likely you are high middle of the pack and a year or so away from contending for the ship.

Since Illini took care of the offensive critique I will give the defense a shot:

DL:  I would say that if Watt stays healthy you should have the best DL of anyone in your league.  Hunter is a stud and will only get better with more snaps.  Garrett has all the potential in the world so if he does what he is supposed to nothing but goodness  You have probably 2 of the top 6 DT's in Suh and Atkins and Richardson is nice overall depth.  I couldn't tell if you had to play DT or not or what your IDP scoring is but in general you have plenty of depth and studs at these positions.

LB:  Solid at the top but your depth might be questionable.  Kuechly is risky with his concussions but if he stays on the field you will have an anchor to your LB spot.  Barron is solid and Brown should be great in Washington.  That is a nice trio as starters but if Kuechly goes down again you have some questions.  Johnson coming off another Achilles is not someone I would count on and may look to move him if he has a solid game or two for someone younger.  Golden is only good in big play leagues.  Compton & Hodges are just guys and if you need roster space can let them go.

DB:  You have too many taking up roster spots.  You really don't need more than 4 as you can always find a serviceable guy on waivers.  I would rather have those roster spots at more valuable positions.  Overall the group is fine but this is the easiest position to fill off of waivers so I wouldn't spend much here. 

Overall you should be competitive and in the upper half of the league.  I would look to take advantage of your DL depth since you only need to start 2 and use that to fill in any holes that pop up due to injury or underperformance.

Users who are viewing this thread