What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Huffington Post Columnist: Trump Supporters ‘Deserve To Die’ (1 Viewer)

Here's the actual headline, Gomer.

"Trump Supporters Deserve to Die More Than I Do"
No surprise that you're the first one in to defend the article.  You're becoming the poster boy for the Lefty cesspool that the FFA has become.  Congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't defend it at all.  Just pointing out that booth you and the Daily Wire only citied part of the headline.
Of course HIggs wouldn't cite the entire headline or mention that the column has been deleted, as that would put a damper on his supposed outrage.

And you may have noticed, Higgs still hasn't corrected the thread title.

That Deep Eddy orange flavored vodka is really good.  Just needs a splash of soda.
I don't think I have ever seen you make a worthwhile post in here - ever.  Quite an accomplishment.  Would think at some point you would have stumbled upon a good thought.  :lol:

I don't think I have ever seen you make a worthwhile post in here - ever.  Quite an accomplishment.  Would think at some point you would have stumbled upon a good thought.  :lol:
You wrote this about joffer? Really? Wow, not the brightest post on your part. 

I wonder if Max Threshold will come in here and scold Higgs for being hysterical. 

Somehow I doubt it. 
Not being hysterical at all.  It's not everyday that a major news site posts an article with such violent undertones.  Can you imagine if there was an article in Bretitbart saying that Bernie supporters deserve to die?

You wrote this about joffer? Really? Wow, not the brightest post on your part. 
Are you kidding Tim?  Joffer is terrible.  Seriously - maybe the worst poster in here.  Never says anything interesting or worthwhile.

Not being hysterical at all.  It's not everyday that a major news site posts an article with such violent undertones.  Can you imagine if there was an article in Bretitbart saying that Bernie supporters deserve to die?
Yes. 

Between this and the painting thread, you guys are looking for reasons to be outraged. Reminds me of the War on Christmas. Calm down; it's a few freaks. They don't represent anyone. I think you know that. 

Yes. 

Between this and the painting thread, you guys are looking for reasons to be outraged. Reminds me of the War on Christmas. Calm down; it's a few freaks. They don't represent anyone. I think you know that. 
You are either biased or you have your head in the sand.  The Left is out of control, and it is not just a couple of freaks.  It's mainstream.  We are headed for some very dark times.  I think you're going to see something very bad happen in this country soon.  Hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.  And we'll look back at articles like this, and paintings like that, and wonder why more wasn't done to quell the violent rhetoric sooner.

Aren't you guys the ones who whined incessantly about PC culture being out of control? First we had one guy today up in arms over a painting, now you're #####ing about an op-ed title on a partisan website. For Chrissakes Ted Nugent was in the White House last night taking pictures in front of Hillary Clinton's portrait. This nonsense is not a thread-worthy topic.

You are either biased or you have your head in the sand.  The Left is out of control, and it is not just a couple of freaks.  It's mainstream.  We are headed for some very dark times.  I think you're going to see something very bad happen in this country soon.  Hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.  And we'll look back at articles like this, and paintings like that, and wonder why more wasn't done to quell the violent rhetoric sooner.
OK Riversco, whatever you say. 

In other outrages, I think I just snotted on my shirt trying to blow my nose with one-ply. And that's the best post on this thread, IMO.

What bad stuff has happened since Trump has been President?
I suppose that depends on perspective. If you're a wealthy, white, high income male, maybe nothing. If you're anyone else, on a personal level it ranges from loss of rights to deportation to impending loss of healthcare. If you care at all about the environment, plenty of reason for concern. If you place any importance of your government being transparent, you're ####ed. If you care about your country's global reputation, it sucks now, you're a laughingstock who has managed to disrespect key allies like Germany and Australia. If you like having a competent, fully staffed, functional government, better luck next time. Hell, even if you voted for him, he has shown how little he actually knew about NATO, building walls, Iran/Nuclear deal, China's Currency Manipulation, etc... but I guess his mindless voters fall for his "No one could have known how complicated this is..." shtick. He sure is good at golfing and pimping out Mar-a-Lago though. Congrats Trumpies, good job.

The op-ed piece was deleted by HuffPo. Obviously they agreed with you that it was inappropriate and they took it down. What more do you want?

And do you want the painting banned or the professor fired for a display of art that was not presented in his classroom or to his students?

It is funny, though, how every time, there's a Republican in office there seem to be more mainstream -- important - displays of this stuff than when Democrats are in office. 

And the media? Oh my in how they cover it. 

In other outrages, I think I just snotted on my shirt trying to blow my nose with one-ply. And that's the best post on this thread, IMO.
Wow.  You're ok with this article getting past the editors and being published in a mainstream site like the Huffington Post?  This is some pretty hateful #### right here.

So we all woke up to the news on Thursday that our chocolate cake enthusiast turned Commander in Chief dropped the “mother of all bombs” on an ISIS tunnel complex in Afghanistan. As of now, no word yet on how many innocent civilians the biggest non-nuclear bomb, which has never before been used in combat, obliterated in retaliation for the killing of a Green Beret. This is the second major bombing raid carried out by the reality television star who defeated Hillary “War Monger” Clinton in last November’s election. Whether or not the President is personally profiting from this particular brand of bomb is as of yet unknown, as is what luxurious and decadent desert treat was he eating during this strike. We can only hope he’ll mention that in his next interview. But I digress. In addition to what appears to be the bomb dropping version of a #### measuring contest, the U.S. also has warships heading for the N. Korean coastline, and some reports are claiming that N. Korea is prepared and eager to use it’s nuclear arsenal if provoked. So that’s great.

As the world seems more and more perched on the precipice of a major military conflict, and perhaps even the dawn of this “nuclear winter” we’ve all heard so much about over the years, I find myself contemplating a few things. Will my down parka be enough for this nuclear winter, or should I buy a new pair of long johns? But in all seriousness, the thought of a world in which mentally unstable dictators are hurling nuclear warheads at one another is pretty terrifying, especially if you’re a person like me, who lives in a major U.S. city. San Francisco might not be at the top of the target list, but I’m betting it’s higher up than some ####hole town in Nebraska. In fact, the majority of states where Trump supporters continue to wear their red “MAGA” caps and give a solid thumbs up to the putrid dumpster fire of an administration he’s been running so far don’t contain a single town where a “radical Islamic terrorist” would even stop to take a #### in a Walmart bathroom, let alone one that a crazed N. Korean leader would want to nuke into oblivion. If the bombs start dropping, it’ll be on cities like New York, Los Angeles, hell maybe even Miami. Granted that cesspool of a state Florida is long overdue for a disaster to sink it into the ocean, but I happen to love South Beach. The fact that the first Americans to be vaporized or poisoned with radiation in the coming nuclear war will be the ones who tried to stop this crazy train from leaving the station just seems kind of...unfair.

Think about it. All those aforementioned cities are filled with people who overwhelmingly voted against giving this 70 year old man child who hasn’t yet mastered the art of forming complete sentences the nuclear codes. Not that all of us were overjoyed to vote for Clinton, and there’s certainly no guarantee that she wouldn’t have employed some troubling military force herself, but I sure would feel better having a President who at least picks a lie and really commits to it. What strikes me as particularly odd is how much and how often I’m still inundated with pleas for “sympathy” and “empathy” and “compassion” for these poor and working class white people out there in the sweeping plains and snow-capped mountains and steaming swamps of our great nation who are overwhelmingly responsible for the current terrifying inhabitants of our highest and most powerful offices. These people who endorsed a candidate with zero government experience, who has bankrupted numerous of his own business ventures, who has been and is currently being sued for a litany of crimes including racial discrimination, fraud, sexual harassment and assault, and my personal favorite, raping a child. These people also continue to overwhelmingly support this man, after numerous botched attempts at following through on some of his basic campaign promises, and blatant disregard or flipflopping on others. These people who acknowledge that without the health care that this administration and Republicans are so desperate to take away, they will probably die, but would vote for him again. These people who studies have shown are more likely to hold opinions like Black Americans are “inherently more unintelligent” or are “inherently inferior” to whites. These people who can look at two pictures of an inaugural crowd side by side and tell you that there’s more people in the less crowded photo. See the thing about empathy and compassion that I’ve come to understand is that there comes a point where some people just don’t deserve i anymore. Do I think that all Trump supporters are virulent white supremacists burning crosses on the lawns of Black folks and immigrants? No, of course not. But if at one point I was nearly convinced to feel compassion toward people who voted against my interests, what am I to make of people who are so willfully ignorant and bigoted that they cheerfully vote against their own?

We’ve read a hundred think pieces about why. I get it. But a pretty significant number of these people aren’t only ignorant, they’re proud of it. They revel in it. They want you to know how much they hate immigrants and Blacks and Jews and gays and women and trans people in public bathrooms. They want to gloat that this is “Trump’s America” now while wearing a Pepe the Frog t-shirt and that they can’t wait to see you deported or dead. They want to call you a “” to your face and dare you to do something about it. I’m supposed to give a #### that these people were “suffering” or “disenfranchised” or “left behind” by the system? Girl bye. The majority of people I know who live in New York, Los Angeles, Miami and San Francisco want to leave the world a better place than they found it. They want to embrace the differences that make all of us unique and human and find ways to work together to live in harmony because where else are we going to go? They want to clean up all the toxic waste we’ve strewn all over the planet so that their children might have a chance to see a brighter future. They don’t want endless wars to line the pockets of billionaires and they damn sure don’t want a nuclear winter to make our planet some post-apocalyptic nightmare. So they try to live their lives in such a way that isn’t consumed by hatred and bigotry. And they don’t come up with excuses or justifications for why they would condone or support it.

So sorry not sorry, but the ones who actually deserve to have a nuke dropped on them first are the ones who voted to get us all into this mess. They’re the ones who would have brought it on themselves if their healthcare was taken away and they dropped dead from their pre-existing conditions. And you know what? The world really wouldn’t miss them one itty bitty damn bit. If a bunch of these hypocrites who chanted “lock her up” overdose on Oxy and decimate their Podunk towns, honestly, the human species will be better off without them. It’s practically Darwinian. Or to put it in language maybe more of them are familiar with, “God don’t like stupid.” It’s one thing to be dumb enough to wall expend so much of your energy hating other people or neurotically obsessing about what others do with their own ### #### genitals but it’s another to do it to the point that you’re willing to sink your own ship just to watch people you don’t like drown next to you. These are the people who should be filling the front lines of whatever war Trump wants to start so he and his billionaire buddies can profit off weapons manufacturing and oil contracts. These are the people who deserve to have their towns annihilated. These people are who actually deserve to die in a war that they’ll line up to support. Not my ###. I have a lot to live for. They’ve already decided that they don’t.

I suppose that depends on perspective. If you're a wealthy, white, high income male, maybe nothing. If you're anyone else, on a personal level it ranges from loss of rights to deportation to impending loss of healthcare. If you care at all about the environment, plenty of reason for concern. If you place any importance of your government being transparent, you're ####ed. If you care about your country's global reputation, it sucks now, you're a laughingstock who has managed to disrespect key allies like Germany and Australia. If you like having a competent, fully staffed, functional government, better luck next time. Hell, even if you voted for him, he has shown how little he actually knew about NATO, building walls, Iran/Nuclear deal, China's Currency Manipulation, etc... but I guess his mindless voters fall for his "No one could have known how complicated this is..." shtick. He sure is good at golfing and pimping out Mar-a-Lago though. Congrats Trumpies, good job.
What rights have been lost?  The right to enter the country illegally?  Any impending healthcare losses are squarely on the shoulders of Obama - it's his program, and hasn't been changed a bit.

In short, nothing bad has happened.  In fact - nothing has happened.  Except a whole lotta crying from people like you.

Wow.  You're ok with this article getting past the editors and being published in a mainstream site like the Huffington Post?  This is some pretty hateful #### right here.
Dude, this op-ed piece was taken down by HuffPo. Again, what more do you want?

What rights have been lost?  The right to enter the country illegally?  Any impending healthcare losses are squarely on the shoulders of Obama - it's his program, and hasn't been changed a bit.

In short, nothing bad has happened.  In fact - nothing has happened.  Except a whole lotta crying from people like you.
You missed about ten points in my post - the flip flops, the joke he's turned your country into etc... the best you have is "nothing has happened" i.e. he has failed at his attempts to implement a muslim ban and repeal Obamacare (key campaign promises IIRC). So, good job?

Dude, this op-ed piece was taken down by HuffPo. Again, what more do you want?
It was taken down only after other news outlets shamed them into it.  What's significant is that it made it onto the site in the first place.

You missed about ten points in my post - the flip flops, the joke he's turned your country into etc... the best you have is "nothing has happened" i.e. he has failed at his attempts to implement a muslim ban and repeal Obamacare (key campaign promises IIRC). So, good job?
All that is noise.  It didn't lead to anything "bad" happening.  I never said he's doing a good job.  In fact, I'd probably give his first 100 days a D for effectiveness.  But nothing bad has happened.  The market is doing well, ObamaCare remains as is, there wasn't a Muslim ban, and companies seem to be more inclined to keeping jobs in the country than they were before.

It was taken down only after other news outlets shamed them into it.  What's significant is that it made it onto the site in the first place.
That isn't true. They thought it was inappropriate and took it down. Mistakes will happen with any publication (we could make a entire list from your fave Breitbart). What is significant is that they recognized their error and corrected it. If it was still up you might have a valid point, but you don't.

All that is noise.  It didn't lead to anything "bad" happening.  I never said he's doing a good job.  In fact, I'd probably give his first 100 days a D for effectiveness.  But nothing bad has happened.  The market is doing well, ObamaCare remains as is, there wasn't a Muslim ban, and companies seem to be more inclined to keeping jobs in the country than they were before.
It comes down to perspective, in terms of environmental protection, lack of transparency, some terrible ICE incidents/deportations, global relations, campaign promises, etc... I think a lot of "bad" has happened, and Trump had intent to hurt a lot more people and failed but I think you're talking specifically about violence/fighting/bloodshed on US soil, so in that sense, no nothing too "bad" has happened.

If someone said, unqualified, "Trump supporters deserve to die" that person would be a moron.

The person that decided that headline for a now deleted op-ed should be "Trump supporters deserve to die more than me" is a moron.

I'm not reading that op-ed regardless of which of the titles are in play. Why should I waste my time reading stuff written by an obvious moron?

On this site we have the ignore function to take care of that.

IRL we have to filter ourselves.

It seems some people need to learn to do that

If someone said, unqualified, "Trump supporters deserve to die" that person would be a moron.

The person that decided that headline for a now deleted op-ed should be "Trump supporters deserve to die more than me" is a moron.

I'm not reading that op-ed regardless of which of the titles are in play. Why should I waste my time reading stuff written by an obvious moron?

On this site we have the ignore function to take care of that.

IRL we have to filter ourselves.

It seems some people need to learn to do that
I agree, with a caveat: I think sometimes when you're making a broader-based point in other threads, and people are always laughing about it, mustering evidence for it is important to one, even if one shouldn't get so worked up about the outrages du jour.  

So we have a random intenet column on one hand.  On the other we have a guy who said we should hang the obama's.  This week that guy was in the oval office shaking the presidents hand.

Do we understand equivalencey?

Users who are viewing this thread