What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 rookie pick 2.05 post combine (Closed) (1 Viewer)

Who would you select for pick 2.05 in a 2 QB league rookie draft?

• Taywan Taylor

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Carlos Henderson

• Zay Jones

• Samaje Perine

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • D'Onta Foreman

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Marlon Mack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Godwin

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Curtis Samuel

• Cooper Kupp

• Nathan Peterman

• Davis Webb

• Brad Kaaya

• Josh Reynolds

• Dont play in this format

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Other (please post who you voted for so that player can be added to the next poll)

• Total voters

Biabreakable

Footballguy
This poll is to find out where rookie players stack up after the combine.

My goal is to run these polls up until the NFL and see how far we can get. Hopefully a top 25 at least, but if polls go fast maybe we can get deeper than that. Will have to see how this goes.

There are two polls, one for typical 12 team leagues 20 roster spots, PPR or standard scoring. Although there are some differences between these two scoring formats, I don't think the information gained by that difference is much, the order should be about the same except that WR should be valued more in PPR leagues.

The second poll is for 2 QB leagues as I want to see where the QBs are valued compared to other players in this format.

Please suggest players you think should be on the next set of polls or changes you might make to the players currently available in the poll.

I am pulling names from Mike Clays nice top 100 list here. But I will add new players based on the communities recommendations before just adding the next player from Mikes list.

Discussion very welcome.

Results

1.01 Leonard Fournette 73% and 48% at 52 votes

1.02 Dalvin Cook 65% and 43.75% at 84 votes

1.03 Corey Davis 45% and 23.4% at 68 votes

1.04 Mike Williams 40% and 23% at 80 votes
1.05 Christian McCaffrey 53% and 26% at 70 votes

1.06 Joe Mixon 75% and 26% at 76 votes

1.07 OJ Howard 33% and Deshaun Watson 20% at 92 votes

1.08 Alvin Kamara 38% and OJ Howard 12% at 80 votes

1.09 John Ross 53.6% and 12/5% at 62 votes (tie between Ross and Trubisky in the 2QB poll broken by the ohter poll

1.10 JuJu Smith-Schuster 61.8% and Alvin Kamara 20.6% at 69 votes

1.11 David Njoku 25.4% and JuJu Smith=Schuster 23.4% at 67 votes

1.12 Evan Engram 22.2% and Mitch Trubisky 27% at 64 votes

2.01 D'Onta Foreman 41.7% and Deshone Kizer 16.7% at 50 votes

2.02 Chris Godwin 20% and Patrick Mahomes 20% at 50 votes

2.03 Zay Jones 24.6% and Evan Engram 15.8% at 62 votes

2.04 Samaje Perine 27.5% and David Njoku 33.3% at 51 votes

2.05 Carlos Henderson 32.7% and D'Onta Foreman 30.6% at 53 votes

The next poll can be found here

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with Taywan Taylor, but I'm interested in how this vote ends up as I have him right next to Carlos Henderson.

Yeah I am hoping this can progress to say player 35 or so. I would love a top 50. Just being realistic.

The last poll took over two days to complete. So I guess we will see how far this goes before the draft.

With this being such a hyped up rb class I'm surprised at the lack of rbs
How so?

A couple of the highly regarded RB who could have come out this year, such as Nick Chubb and Royce Freeman (who I have not seen any good games to know why) did not declare or it would have been deeper. That happens every time a draft class is deep at a position though, some don't get the recommendation from the advisory board they like and decide they have a better chance to be drafted higher in the next draft instead.

Now a RB only have so many productive years to their career, and the best years usually happen before they are 25 years old. So staying in college an extra year is really not in their best interest. The older the RB is coming into the league, the less likely it becomes that they will earn a good second contract. The rookie contracts do not pay much at all in a relative sense.

Chubb had injuries and I am not sure what Freemans problem was. I tried to watch one of his games last year but he had been benched by the time I started watching for fumbling.

As far as this poll goes thanks everyone for voting we are almost to 50 votes already.

When I last checked this last night Carlos Henderson had a large lead. Curtis Samuel supporters have made a race out of this thing now though Henderson is only ahead of Samuel by one vote after 45.

I've been voting other in previous "rounds" and suggesting a RB and he never gets put on. Bio just keeps ignoring me. Doesn't fit what he thinks is worthy I guess
I have you on ignore for many reasons.

There have been zero other votes in the last 3 polls. 

I do recall you recommending Corey Clement several votes back. Multiple posters disagreed with him being added at that time, most lists I have seen to do not rank Clement very highly.

I have seen Clement play several times. He is a good all around RB but he doesn't really have any outstanding qualities about him. I do think he is better than David Cobb from a few years back, who a lot of people liked, but not all that much better.

It is a deep RB class and Clement seems like a career back up at best to me. But if you actually vote other and recommend him I will add him to the poll.

I have you on ignore for many reasons.

There have been zero other votes in the last 3 polls. 

I do recall you recommending Corey Clement several votes back. Multiple posters disagreed with him being added at that time, most lists I have seen to do not rank Clement very highly.

I have seen Clement play several times. He is a good all around RB but he doesn't really have any outstanding qualities about him. I do think he is better than David Cobb from a few years back, who a lot of people liked, but not all that much better.

It is a deep RB class and Clement seems like a career back up at best to me. But if you actually vote other and recommend him I will add him to the poll.
Likewise. 

I believe I made a pretty good case for him referencing his proday statistics. As I said a few votes back, I won't contribute to a poll that doesn't abide by its own rules because of the pollsters own personal opinion of particular players being suggested

One of the reasons is because interactions with you always seem to lead to arguments that are a waste of time.

It is possible I do not see your votes because I have you on ignore. I am not sure how that works.

When you made the suggestion previously it was voted down by other posters in the thread. Finite space for players that people might actually be voting for at that time as well.

I have no problem with adding him, I just doubt many others will be voting for him yet.

Users who are viewing this thread