What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

POLL CLOSED Player #45 Community Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank 45th in a 12 team dynasty league, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF PPR with standard sc

• Jordy Nelson

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Kelvin Benjamin

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Donte Moncrief

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Tyreek Hill

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Tevin Coleman

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Michael Crabtree

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Terrell Pryor

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Mark Ingram

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Rookie Pick 1.7

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Tyler Eifert

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Other (Place name/pick in reply so I can add it, and tell me you clicked this button)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brisco54

Footballguy
LeSean McCoy takes the eight pick of the fourth round, 44th overall with 14 of 63 votes.  Every other option received at least one vote.    That poll/thread can be viewed here: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754876-player-44-community-dynasty-rankings/

HOW TO ADD PLAYERS TO THE LIST

First, you can add a name to the current poll by clicking Other and telling me who you think is better than all players on the current list.  (Please tell me that you clicked the other button in the reply... not just the name of your nominee)

Second, in rounds where no one has clicked the other button to add a player, I will add a single player nominated in the comments.  This will be the player with the most support to be added in the comments (total users nominating that player)... in the event of a tie, it will go to the player first nominated in the comments.

Eifert was added by the "Other" button this round.  I have the following outstanding nominations:

Hunter Henry - 1

Golden Tate - .5

Time to pick #45

Standings

1.1.  Odell Beckham

1.2.  Ezekiel Elliot

1.3.  Mike Evans

1.4.  David Johnson

1.5.  LeVeon Bell

1.6.  Antonio Brown

1.7.  Julio Jones

1.8.  Amari Cooper

1.9.  AJ Green

1.10.  (Tie) Deandre Hopkins

& Rookie Pick 1.1

1.12.  Todd Gurley

Round 2

2.1 Rookie Pick 1.2

2.2 Allen Robinson

2.3  Sammy Watkins

2.4 TY Hilton

2.5 Michael Thomas

2.6 Rob Gronkowski

2.7 Dez Bryant

2.8 Devonta Freeman

2.9  Brandin Cooks

2.10 Jordan Howard

2.11 Melvin Gordon

2.12 Keenan Allen

3.1 Andrew Luck

3.2 Alshon Jeffrey

3.3 Aaron Rodgers

3.4 Rookie Pick 1.3

3.5 Jarvis Landry

3.6 Rookie Pick 1.4

3.7 Travis Kelce

3.8 Jay Ajayi

3.9 Carlos Hyde

3.10 (Tie) Davante Adams

Jordan Reed

3.12 (tie) Demaryius Thomas

Derrick Henry

4.2  Rookie Pick 1.5

4.3 Stefon Diggs

4.4 Lamar Miller

4.5 Corey Coleman

4.6 (Tie) Doug Baldwin

Rookie Pick 1.6

4.8 LeSean McCoy

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with the pick. Not sure who it'll be, but it seems likely that someone like Kamara, Foreman, or Ross will look good here after the draft.

I went Russell Wilson and thought it was an easy pick.

Look no further than how the Seahawks are morphing to more of a passing team.  Not saying they will be pass-happy like the Packers or Patriots but still...

I went Russell Wilson and thought it was an easy pick.

Look no further than how the Seahawks are morphing to more of a passing team.  Not saying they will be pass-happy like the Packers or Patriots but still...
I'm surprised, only 2 QBs gone so far... in dynasty. We are scouring over some aged WR1s and some okay WR2s and some with upside, but we have only gone through 2 Qbs. IMO a franchise QB is harder to come by than a WR2 in dynasty. 

I also took what I thought was the safest route and went Wilson. This is a strange situation now though. Because is it a draft situation or just who would I rather have? I'm assuming the latter and Wilson is more valuable to my team then anyone else. 

I also took what I thought was the safest route and went Wilson. This is a strange situation now though. Because is it a draft situation or just who would I rather have? I'm assuming the latter and Wilson is more valuable to my team then anyone else. 
I did not vote for Wilson because I do not think he is trending upward. I would rather let someone else grab him and shoot for a QB later. If this were a draft I would pass on Wilson, but I would expect him to go soon or have gone by now. 

I'm tempted by Wilson too but his rushing numbers took a massive dropoff last year which I would say is an outlier if it didn't coincide with the age that rushing QBs typically see a pretty decent dropoff in their rushing numbers.  He had a decent number of pass attempts (15th in the league) but still only threw for 21 TDs.

He's still probably my #2 guy on this list and I'd take him way ahead of Moncrief, but there are some definite question marks there if he's not running for 500-800 yards a season anymore.

I did not vote for Wilson because I do not think he is trending upward. I would rather let someone else grab him and shoot for a QB later. If this were a draft I would pass on Wilson, but I would expect him to go soon or have gone by now. 
I agree... if it's a draft style situation. That's where it's kind of tough for me because we aren't passing on a guy to get one later. In my main dynasty league the rosters are deep so everyone has 3-4 QBs. So I would rather take the QB because there is zero chance of grabbing a starting QB off the waiver. League specific? Sure but at least I know I have a startable to good QB for a decent amount of time going forward. I argued against QB in earlier polls too. But looking at it from a rankings perspective I think Wilson is the safest option. 

I agree... if it's a draft style situation. That's where it's kind of tough for me because we aren't passing on a guy to get one later. In my main dynasty league the rosters are deep so everyone has 3-4 QBs. So I would rather take the QB because there is zero chance of grabbing a starting QB off the waiver. League specific? Sure but at least I know I have a startable to good QB for a decent amount of time going forward. I argued against QB in earlier polls too. But looking at it from a rankings perspective I think Wilson is the safest option. 
If the goal is just to have a startable QB then this is way early for that given the barrage of long and medium term QBs still on the board.  If someone is spending a pick on a QB this early then they should be expecting them to be a consistent top QB with the fairly occasional top 3 finish.

If the goal is just to have a startable QB then this is way early for that given the barrage of long and medium term QBs still on the board.  If someone is spending a pick on a QB this early then they should be expecting them to be a consistent top QB with the fairly occasional top 3 finish.
This is what I'm saying. Is this a community mock draft? Or is this a ranking? Because I'd rather have Russell Wilson that the other players still available BUT if this is a draft then yeah I wait on QB.

This is what I'm saying. Is this a community mock draft? Or is this a ranking? Because I'd rather have Russell Wilson that the other players still available BUT if this is a draft then yeah I wait on QB.
I think more highly of guys like Carr, Winston... I'm even coming around on Mariota. Wilson, IMO, is starting to flame out. I will get a lot of grief for this, but I am just not a fan from a fantasy perspective. He's a good game manager but I don't think he will be a top 3-5 fantasy QB. 

I'm surprised, only 2 QBs gone so far... in dynasty. We are scouring over some aged WR1s and some okay WR2s and some with upside, but we have only gone through 2 Qbs. IMO a franchise QB is harder to come by than a WR2 in dynasty.
In a 12 team league?  While I do think luck and Rodgers were worth taking when they went, I don't see Wilson as "better enough" than the rest of the top 12 and I might go as far as 17 to justify taking him yet.  

Fwiw, QB value is one reason I prefer 16 team leagues or superflex.

Borden said:
Just because you might rank a player a certain spot does not mean you should draft that player at that spot. You consider ADP in that decision as well.

I am not sure there is a clear answer to this one way or another. It is up to the voter to decide.

I can understand people valuing Wilson over the other players here, so the question perhaps should be, would you trade WIlson straight up for any of these other players in a vacuum? If the answer is yes, then perhaps those players should be voted for before Wilson. If not then Wilson should be the BPA here.

I tried to talk about this in a recent thread, but I find a lot of times I will have some players ranked higher than their ADPs or the consensus view. That does not mean I will draft the player this high in a real draft, or buy at higher than the market price for that player. So as a voter how do you reconcile for this difference?

I have just been voting for the player I think is the BPA and I try to not consider ADP or draft strategy in that decision. As I mentioned a bit further back though, the only reason I see for taking a top QB in the top 5 rounds of a draft would be if I was picking at the turn and for some reason I am worried the top tier of QBs will be gone. If you wouldn't be happy with the decision after the draft is over then you likely shouldn't do it. 

I did read something interesting about the fluctuation of ADP in MFL 10s and that QBs are generally drafted lower in the earlier part of the offseason, February to May for example, then ADPs on QB start going up as the season nears. Just an interesting way to look at the market. I would assume earlier drafters are more experienced and therefore wait on QB and then wait some more. Then when more people start drafting closer to the season beginning, the QBs get drafted higher. So if this is true, then it depends on when you are drafting and who you are drafting against.

At 56 votes Donte Moncrief has a 3 vote lead on Jordy Nelson and Tyreek Hill.

I get it. Can't say I agree with it though.

Users who are viewing this thread